F!$@ The LevelCap video, this is the only Youtube you need to watch, today

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Welp, now I'm squeeing like a little kid. How can Christmas be so goddamn far away?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Thought process during this video:

0:00 - OMFG HRRRRGGHH DSGNAOWIE%JTOQ$TJ)(V@#ROUDCNFION$TQV $KNTWQ

0:18 - Oh, Tatooine, cool! At least, I think it is.

0:20 - Oh snap, is that an X-wing? Must have been a battle or something here... pretty good landing, all things considered.

0:24 - Huh, I don't remember seeing any mountains on Tatooine. Maybe we're in a more rugged part or-

0:25 - Fuck me, that's no mountain, that's a crashed IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER.

0:37 - Vader's helmet, that's bloody awesome. And is that Mark Hamill talking? Nerdboner activate. *hears Vader breathing...not sure if nerdboner softer or harder now...*

0:48 - Is that Luke with the bare robot hand? Whoever that is with a very familiar-looking R2 unit, and it's the correct missing hand...

0:54 - That... that's Luke's original lightsaber. That's Anakin's lightsaber. How the flying fuck did he get that back? (totally ignoring expanded no-longer-canon-universe explanations)

0:58 - "You have that power too." I gotta know who he's talking too. Is it someone related? Because I can't see him giving his first lightsaber to a random passerby... but if he's trying to rebuild the Jedi order... argh, is it fucking Christmas yet?

1:04-1:24 - New T-70 X-wings flying around, lightsabers flashing, buildings exploding, Some really Sith-looking dude giving the camera Force fuck-off, massive stormtrooper formations, new TIE fighters, new Imperial shuttles, new Star Destroyers, motherfucking chrome stormtrooper

1:25 - It's the Falcon!

1:35 - "Chewie...we're home." Fucking tears of excitement.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Thought process during this video:
Pretty much exactly how it went down for me.

I think I'm certainly considered an old fart by TEST standards, as I remember watching Return of the Jedi in the theater when I was 8 years old (and ESB 3 years prior - I forget when I first saw ANH, but it wasn't on initial release). I remember seeing the Millennium Falcon swooping lazily left and right through the rebel fleet before the jump to hyperspace and was utterly blown away. Then, during the attack on the Death Star, they flew around the rear side and INTO THE DEATH STAR ITSELF. My brain exploded.

I dutifully went to each of the Special Edition opening nights starting in 1997. Yes, the 'improvements' were on the whole pretty bad in retrospect, but seeing it all again in a theater packed with your peers made you genuinely feel like a kid again. We actually laughed at the funny parts, despite having watched it over and over and over on well-worn VHS tapes. We cheered the heroes and booed the villains. We were reminded that these weren't just movies, they were an experience.

Naturally, we went and saw Ep. 1-3 on their opening nights as well. They were pretty good the first time around, but they were just movies, really. There was no magic behind them. There was nothing there for my inner child to grab onto.

I'm not ashamed to admit I actually teared up a little watching the trailer. I'm trying to not get too excited only to be let down once more. But I really want to feel 8 years old again. I hope the magic is back.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Pretty much exactly how it went down for me.

I think I'm certainly considered an old fart by TEST standards, as I remember watching Return of the Jedi in the theater when I was 8 years old (and ESB 3 years prior - I forget when I first saw ANH, but it wasn't on initial release). I remember seeing the Millennium Falcon swooping lazily left and right through the rebel fleet before the jump to hyperspace and was utterly blown away. Then, during the attack on the Death Star, they flew around the rear side and INTO THE DEATH STAR ITSELF. My brain exploded.

I dutifully went to each of the Special Edition opening nights starting in 1997. Yes, the 'improvements' were on the whole pretty bad in retrospect, but seeing it all again in a theater packed with your peers made you genuinely feel like a kid again. We actually laughed at the funny parts, despite having watched it over and over and over on well-worn VHS tapes. We cheered the heroes and booed the villains. We were reminded that these weren't just movies, they were an experience.

Naturally, we went and saw Ep. 1-3 on their opening nights as well. They were pretty good the first time around, but they were just movies, really. There was no magic behind them. There was nothing there for my inner child to grab onto.

I'm not ashamed to admit I actually teared up a little watching the trailer. I'm trying to not get too excited only to be let down once more. But I really want to feel 8 years old again. I hope the magic is back.
Yeah, you can totally tell that this time around it's going to be magical indeed.

Super stoked!

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Everybody is excited for the new movie, but I'm here more excited for Battlefront.

Wish they'd make another Republic Commando...

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Wish they'd make another Republic Commando...
I loved that game, just thought it was way too short and they could have done so much more with it. Looking forward to Battlefront, hopefully it lives up to all the hype.

Forgot your password?