Fallout 4 Hype! Tips you should know about!

How much to do love Fallout?

• Im peeing my pants!

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • The guy next to me peed his pants!

Votes: 43 52.4%

• Total voters

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Bulletholes350x350Fallout4.png

The preloading has been preloaded.

Preparations have been prepared

Family members have been instructed to not attempt to make any sort of contact until the 22nd of this month.

EDIT - UPDATE Oct 14th

From reddit:

Fallout 4 Tips Everyone Should Know

General

• Sell Fusion Cores to traders before they run out, you will get much more for a partially charged core, over an empty core.
  • Pickpocket enemies with power armor to steal their Fusion Cores, this will cause them to leave the armor, and you can steal the frame
  • The Lone Wanderer perk still provides bonuses with Dog Meat as a companion
  • When Leaving your power armor remove the Fusion Core so no one will decide to use it.
  • When hacking look for [],(), <>,and {} with anything in between the brackets, clicking the leftmost bracket will reset your attempts to give you more tries, or remove dud words from the list.
  • Try to always carry a weapon of each ammo type, that way you are less likely to be completely out of ammo.
  • Some companions can pick locks and hack terminals for you. More specifically: Cait for lockpicking, Nick Valentine for hacking
  • You can tag specific crafting materials by going into your junk section in your inventory, and switch to material view.
  • There is no level cap. Don't fret about spending perk points. The game's enemies don't scale with you, but they do get harder farther from the start, and the farthest away points of the map have level 50 enemies. There's no shortage of things to take down and no shortage of points to get strong enough to do it.
  • To force a companion to equip, or apparel switch to their inventory in the trade menu, and a button will show up to have the npc equip the item. ( "T" for PC, "Y" for Xbox, "Triangle" for PS4)
  • For Power Armor: sprinting, strong melee attacks and VATs drain your Fusion Core faster than walking or standing still.
  • Fast Travel in Power Armor doesn't use and Fusion Core battery, and you can still fast travel with no charge in the core.
  • You can zoom in on the pip boy by right clicking.
Crafting

• You do not need to break down junk items to get components by hand the game will do it for you if the junk items are stored in your settlement workbench or inventory. Extra resources will be deposited in your settlement workbench.(It may take some time to appear)
  • You can grow your own adhesive by cooking Vegetable Starch with Corn, Tato, Muttfruit, and Purified Water.
  • When naming weapons, put a hyphen or space at the beginning of the name (EX: -gun name), and those weapons will default to the top of the list in your pip-boy.(Thanks: CromeDaBeast)
  • If you look at the Junk section of your inventory you can switch to a list of all the components your junk breaks down into (with C on PC). In that list you can set or remove a search tag.
  • When you upgrade a weapon, the current mod will be placed in your inventory. If you transfer all mods to your workbench, if you put that upgrade on another weapon, it will use the mod before crafting a new one.
  • You can salvage weapon sights by modifying the weapon with the no sights attachment, which costs no resources to make.
  • If a gun/armour has a mod you can't build, you can still swap the mod out and install it on another weapon.
Settlements

• When building settlements you can raise and lower objects by holding E and using scroll wheel on PC, X and L1/R1 on PS4
  • When building your first settlement use E to move the initial workbenches instead of scrapping them.
  • You can remove the radiation from Starlight Drive by scrapping the barrels in the center, and the Unrusted Crashed Car.
  • Water pumps, farms, and traders deposit the Items and Caps they produce into the workbench.
  • To help place objects in hard places use a small rug then place the object on the rug, pick up the rug and the item will remain attached but the game uses the rugs collision detection.(This allows you to clip objects into walls!)
  • To assign settlers select them in the crafting screen then select the object you want them to work
  • Settlers can work up to 6 Food at a time. Meaning a settler can tend to 12 plants that produce .5 food each.
  • To reduce raider attacks make sure your defense state is higher than food + water.
  • Highlighting a settler in workshop mode will also highlight anything he's assigned to.
  • Fast Travel in between settlements will instantly grow all crops that have a settler assigned to them.
  • When your selecting something through the workshop build interface if you press and hold the move command(Press and hold [E]) this will pickup all items attached(or very close) to the object you are picking up. (Be careful as if your walls are all attached you can pickup very large parts of your settlement!)

Last edited:

dubbzy

Admiral
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
dubbzy104
Got my GMG code & season pass preloaded, and my pip boy edition is on its way! I plan to play immediately at 9pm on Monday. Tuesday I leave work early for an appointment and won't come back, then no work Wednesday because of Veteran's Day. It's gonna be good!

TLDR: I'll see y'all around christmas time

Gauna

Graphic Goddess
Officer
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gauna
Where's "The guy next to me fapping!" option? Nevermind...

3 days until Fallout 4~!

Last edited:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Waiting on PipBoy edition. Kinda want to go drive to the UPS facility and pick it up myself.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I can't wait. I haven't played Fallout since the first one so I will be basically a noobie.
Be patient with me.
D**m I am so excited about this.

@dubbzy, what is a GMG code?

I have the season pass, what does it give me?

@AwesomeDude, May I use the train pic for recruiting?

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
GMG = Green Man Gaming, a place to buy hella cheap games.

smeggy

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
sm3ggy
I have to wait until Tuesday to pickup my physical copy. Very few games I want a physical copy of but always Fallout.

smeggy

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
sm3ggy
Would have, but phone will not fit the pip-boy edition.

Forgot your password?