Fallout 76 BETA comes out for PC in 3.5hrs from the time of this post

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I better get all my food and water ready, this might be a marathon gaming evening!

Im not sure if US and European servers work together, but we can try all hook up in game and destroy all that oppose us!
Now did you go through any 3rd party systems to acquire your key, like Amazon or something other? I know they arnt distributing the game through steam this time around ( stupid decision on their end imo).

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Well that was interesting.

First thing was that the countdown on the Bethesda launcher was off by 2hrs. Instead of 5pm, the BETA started at 7pm. But more interesting, at 5pm the launcher deleted your 48gb install that we all did ahead of time! 😂

At 7pm, if you were lucky enough to reinstall it, the game started up.

My initial impressions...

Hmm... Im not sure.

Fallout games have been all about good story telling, but in FO76, there is NPC giving you a mission, its all about following notes left from one spot to another.

Granted this is a multiplayer game, so Im going to give it some more time before I pass judgement. All I did so far was run around and follow some scripted missions.

Perhaps the mulitplayer part will be more exciting. We shall see.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Well that was interesting.

First thing was that the countdown on the Bethesda launcher was off by 2hrs. Instead of 5pm, the BETA started at 7pm. But more interesting, at 5pm the launcher deleted your 48gb install that we all did ahead of time! 😂

At 7pm, if you were lucky enough to reinstall it, the game started up.

My initial impressions...

Hmm... Im not sure.

Fallout games have been all about good story telling, but in FO76, there is NPC giving you a mission, its all about following notes left from one spot to another.

Granted this is a multiplayer game, so Im going to give it some more time before I pass judgement. All I did so far was run around and follow some scripted missions.

Perhaps the mulitplayer part will be more exciting. We shall see.
Maybe since it's in beta they are not releasing the main missions to prevent spoiling the story?

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I had a great time with the BETA after I downloaded the 49gb again...
Can't wait for the next play session.
I'm "Supitza" on Bethesda.net, if anyone wants to play together.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
wait... facebook posts... I'm sorry.
lol only when I'm on the toilet and when twitter or the news has nothing interesting.
Gotta keep busy, staring at a wall or a towel is no fun.

Its all about your expectations.

If you are expecting a FO5 experience, this is not it.

This is a ESO vs Skyrim type of experience.
Is it really bad if I never played both? I think I own skyrim though...

.. yea own it.. never installed lol

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?