Favorite Beer and/or Alcoholic Beverage to snuggle up to...

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
So don't know if this has been discussed already but...

just wanted to get a feel for what people are drinking these days. Maybe I'll find something new and interesting.

At the moment, I am drinking Negra Modelo. It's a cerveza from Mexxxxxxxxxxxxxxico. Nice, mellow and I can find it pretty much everywhere. Plus you can only make a decent Michelada with a Mexican beer.

Whenever I can spare it thought, I get Allagash Curieux. My brother turned me onto it. It's strong but tastes really good!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Hmm. Currently working my way through a Shiner Family Reunion pack, 6 different types of Shiner beer. I'm a big fan of Delirium Nocturnum. Gulden Draak is a fantastic beer, and if I could afford it I'd drink it more often.

Also, Kraken and coke is pretty tasty when I want to let my beer tastebuds recover for a while.

Monkey, that Curieux is a fantastic beer. Definitely a sippin' beer though, it'll get you hammered way too fast if you chug it, and it tastes too good to chug anyway.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
All good choice. Delirium is always good, partial to Lobotomy Bock but Gulden Draak is definitely one of my Favs. That and Duvel. No particular reason though. I think I got a glass from a restaurant and from then on, it was Duvel.
Curieux is amazing. My brother turned me onto it. Definitely hits the spot but you're right, not something you want to chug.

Slansickness

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Slantsickness
My usual beer is Pacifico, pretty similar to Negro Modelo, maybe a tad lighter. Otherwise i go for a G&T, or whatever my wife puts in the fridge/cupboard

Exarkun007

Commander
Dec 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Exarkun007
Never tried the Gulden Draak. I prefer the trappiste ales myself, nice and dark and flavorful! I stay away from the real hoppy stuff.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
My favorite beer is the one I'm holding. If I had to choose a second favorite... it would be the one in my other hand.

Reactions: Space Monkey

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
Always in my fridge: Dechutes Black Butte Porter. Always on my shelf in a special nite light bored rock holder a 5th of Pendleton 1910 Canadian rye whiskey. Then there is my garage fridge full of various porters n ales I've brewed in the past little while.
"We aren't alcoholics, we're drunks. Alcoholics are quitters..."

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Ooh, I like the Black Butte porter, but their Obsidian stout is my favorite from their line.

C

CaptainHavoc

I have a milk gallon filled with god knows what that I got from Obninsk. It's amazing though, smooth and hard. Smells like almonds and vomit.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Favorite? How could I choose.

But jamo is my goto for most occasions followed behind by captain Morgan for no occasions.

As far as beer goes I love so many and like some for different reasons. Chillin outside or on the beach? Red stripe topped off with captain Morgan (gives it a vanilla taste). Grilling? Kcco amber lager. And recently discovered dark hollow bourbon porter that I highly recommend (especially if eating steak).

Attachments

Shutter

Grand Admiral
Mar 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Shutter
A nice heavy bodied stout is cool, but, I'm a hop head, so its IPA's for me, most of the time. Lately it has been Left Coast Hop Juice, or Rogue Yellow Snow. Some well polished Sake, Ouzo, or Gin on the porch in the evening is also nice. Unfortunately, I finished off what was left of the honey wine I made for the holidays.

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
My absolute top choice is always Chimay Bleu, but I'm good with Gulden Draak as well.

If I'm aiming darker I go for a Storm Brewing Black Plague or something similar (Backhand of God, etc.)

Reactions: Space Monkey

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Right now, I've got a 6 pack of Newcastle and a 4 pack of some "pub ale" in my fridge.

However, I really want to get some TEST-i-brau going on, here. Didn't we have an entire thread about that at one point? I need my Aurora Ale! or my 300ipa, or a Javelin Jaeger Bomb!

Forgot your password?