Favorite Space Marine Chapter or Faction in General?

Raggy

Commander
Jun 9, 2014
RSI Handle
TheRaggy
4chan scares the proverbial brown out of me - but please feel free to do so if you are active there. It's your intellectual property :D

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I don't go to 4chan.

Somewhere in the Warp:

Big E(talking to Malcolm Door): "Think I should go back yet? I know my physical body is almost dead. I think it will die in another century or so. Damn I'm good. Too bad Dorn got it all wrong and I'm almost a corpse now. I told him to put that piece on to the left not right. If he hadn't done that I would still be leading from my throne. For a man who did so well in Architect 101 and was head of the class he is an idiot. I should have let Perturabo design the Palace. We didn't need 5 restrooms around EVERY corner.

Anyway I would just need to cut my connection to the Astro Flashlight for like 5 minutes to reform my body using all those souls sacrificed to me and kick ass again. It'll totally surprise everyone when i turn it back on after 5 minutes. Galactic reset button. Those stupid locusts will start eating each other in those 5 minutes.

Malcolm Door: Give it some more time. I'm still laughing at how badly my Inquisition has fucked up....everything. By the way, why did you order the Adeptus Custodes to clean all the restrooms as your final act and keep them clean?

Big E: I will probably need to go to the restroom something fierce once I reform my body. It'll be so bad that Nurgle himself would bow to me and pledge fealty to the concoction of decay and rot that exits my body.

Malcolm Door: What are you going to do about the traitor Legons when you go back?

Big E: I have not thought much about that. Betraying my cause was stupid. Listening to my stupid son was even more stupid. I did not create them to be robots. Lol Magus has nothing but robots and wizards now. Horus won't be coming back thats for sure because I kinda destroyed his soul it in a fit of rage. Being my favorite son doesn't give him right to kill my secret favorite son.

Oh oh how about I resurrect/transport all the loyal primarch to me and start the Greater Crusade? I just need to seal that webway breach below my ass when I come backto life. That'll take all of 5 minutes. The Greater Crusade has a nice ring to it. If any of my errant sons come to beg for forgiveness I'll say "no".

Malcolm Door: What about Vuklan sir? He is in the hands of Troll the Infinite.

Big E: Little does he know, I have already stolen all of his collection already. My agents have been gathering technology long lost from around the galaxy and gathering it in one place so that the Greater Crusade will be well equipped. Their new chapter master is a much better person than the last one that decided to try stealing all that brass.

Malcolm Door: Yes he is a good one. Stubborn but good. How will you convince the Lords that you have indeed returned?

Big E: Why do I need to convince dead people of my return?

Malcolm Door: Yes sir but my Inquisition will intervene and try to kill you.

Big E: My friend I thought you had run out of jokes.

Malcolm Door: But they will still try sir. Perhaps you can just tell them you are the Emperor and they will believe it.

Big E: It is only thanks to the efforts of the Adeptus Janitorial that my mortal self has not been killed by your radicals. I will take care of them in my own way. *he makes them all watch My Little Pony as penance*

Malcolm Door: Perhaps we should go back now Lord. Watching you play Tzeentch at checkers got boring when you kept beating him. It was just embarrassing when he challenged you to a children's card game only to lose through his various avatars.....over and over.

Big E: That is funny. Lets go back.

The Emperor resurrected in 5 minutes, regaining his awesome self in the mortal world. The Astro Flashlight going off scared everyone into repenting their sins and giving the Emperor even more power. Malcolm Door found himself in his old office and saw that a chair was out of place and several piles of paper work. He promised to purge the one who violated his space after he finished the paper work. He was so good that he would reconcile ten thousand years of paper work in a single year while also reigning in the Inquisition.

The Emperor turned to his Custodians and said "I have to take a massive shit and piss guys, where is the nearest restroom?" "They pointed out the 'Golden Throne" was a toilet and Big E cursed Dorn once again. He then told them all to Exit the room because this would take a bit. The 'stuff' that exited his body also purged the Palace of people not truly loyal to him through smell alone and Nurgle weeped that he could not do better.

Afterward he sealed the webway/warp gate under the throne which also served as the sewer for him all these years.

He stood before the Custodes telling themy would be the foundation of an The Greater Crusade. Opening a door that even the Custodes did not know existed that led directly to a vast vault under the planet Calderis where they sighted mighty weapons and machines 'borrowed' from other entities throughout the Galaxy and saw Vulkan working on them. Because he's awesome.

Greater Crusade happnened. Good primarchs came back, Dorn demoted to siege warfare. Blood Ravens congratulated on their equipping of the Crusade. Malcolm finishes his paper work and sets up new government. Bad Primarchs killed by Chaos for being stupid. Abbadon revealed to been helping Emerpror all along. Necrons set full force on Tyranids before shutting down. Just as Planned. Tau wonder what is going on. Chaos destroyed by care bears. Seriously. Humanity united again. Emperor on Terran beach sipping drink.

Reactions: GrammarGestapo

Yellowdog

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Yellowdog
Suddenly, all heads turned skywards, eyes scanning above to find the source of a terrible noise. The two Angry Marines Battle Barges collided sides-first against one another as they plummeted towards a single target. The mutants realized that target was them.

The Commissar turned his eyes skywards as the enemy fell silent and a great shadow fell across the lands.

"What the fuck..." the Commissar uttered under his breath, in disbelief.

"FUCK YOU, I WAS HERE FIRST!!!" screamed the commander aboard the Litany of Litany's Litany, as he piloted his barge directly into the heart of the mutant hordes below.

"NO FUCK YOU, I DEPLOYED THE FINGER!!!" Captain Temperus cursed back.

Traitors fled, mutants hid, deviants cried out for their dark gods to save them. As one, then two Battle Barges slammed into the enemy lines.
With a terrifying roar, the planet itself was torn asunder!
Tertius Gamma was no more.

I know they are not a real faction but come on. Gotta give the angry marines some love.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Angry_Marines

Reactions: that_frog_kurtis

Groundstain

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Groundstain
Ghost Legion, My own design. Somewhere around here is a full backstory.
These are broken down into squads with their own specialized decal for each.
The mist paint job is on their armor also.
These were just the painted ones.

Last edited:

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Growing up, I was always a fan of the Blood Angels and had a small army. After the RTS games started coming out, I more or less dropped out of the tabletop world and ended up giving away about $200 worth of figures and books to another player for free (he peed a little). But yeah, I always liked the story of the Blood Angels, especially the Legion of the Damned.

I think the Tau are neat with their use of robots and such. They just look a little goofy without their power armor. ;)

Darkshaunz

Captain
Oct 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Darkshaunz
I had a Blood Angels chapter. Mainly because my LGS had a lot of smurf players already, plus I was more partial to their paintscheme.

It's hard not to like the Black Rage canon, and Death Company.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice

lol, he makes it sound so intense!

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
Death Spectres. Cause who doesn't like a chapter of badasses keeping the unholy beasts of the Ghoul Star at bay? PEWPEWEMPERORPEWPEW

I used to really like the Grey Knights, like every other pleb, but the 5th edition codex ruined it for me...the dude who wrote it just made them so...meh. Plus, unbelievably overpowered, impossible for my army, Eldar, to beat them with all their enti-psyker shenanigans.

Last edited:
S

svenrichter

Favorite Chapter would be the Alpha legion. The Horus Heresy book with them and the Geno 52 was amazing.

S

svenrichter

Just noticed your favorite Chapter is the one that destroyed mine. Not that I hate Chaos, if I still played I'd probably run some Thousand Sons.
I only like them because their true alliance might be in question. Or they did what seemed like the better option as hard as it may be. Have you read the HH Book "Legion"?

Semphis Rythorn

Rear Admiral
Aug 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Semphis_Rythorn
Ah well let's see.

My favorite Space Marine Chapter would have to be the Black Templars, their who I give no fucks and melee zerg rush i always like. Followed by the Salamanders and then the Blood Angels.

As for factions I always liked the Imperial Guard, Balls of Steel men with nothing but a flashlight and a t-shirt. Orks for comedy because they will never have enough dakka :). I do not like the Dark Eldar. I came across this whole star child and sensei thing a while back, I don't mind it, nice small and fragil beacon of light in the cluster GRIMDARK, really too much GRIMDARK and u got a comedy going around.

Also, Inquisitor Rythorn of the Ordo Malleus.

Also u guys need to see this series you will get a laugh out of this.

Leatherneck

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2014
RSI Handle
Leatherneck2382
I only like them because their true alliance might be in question. Or they did what seemed like the better option as hard as it may be. Have you read the HH Book "Legion"?
I haven't read as many of the books as I'd have liked. Still would like to if I can ever get the chance.

Forgot your password?