Fencing stolen goods.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I would be shocked not to see a PVP slider.

And by slider, I simply mean a system that will not force you into PVP engagement the majority of the time.

PVP zones would effectively be a PvP slider. And Id be surprised if we don't see it.

There's going to be too many people who will want to be left alone, and not interdicted and forced into combat all the time.

My guess Is there will be areas you go specifically for PVP content. While other areas are going to be extremely hard and tedious for PVP to be worth it.

The slider will be the routes you choose to take, imho. I ultimately believe people will have a choice to participate in most, if not all PvP.

The non-stop cries would be overwhelming and people would just get super toxic otherwise.

Perhaps we are not using the same meaning. The PVP slider was part of the initial design doc that was fundamental in matchmaking and would be a player control setting that allowed each player to control how much PVP they wished to engage in.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmeGoQFLlg

But you are correct in that the current implementation seems to be more a player choice in where they are and how they plan on getting to their designation and a reasonable expectation of its law enforcement levels to discourage player drive PVP moments while still not eliminating PVE combat moments outside of secure ports. While it will always be possible to have a random player attacking you in such locations such behavior should be heavily discouraged (not game logic prevented as armistice zones are removed) by both the reputation system as well as local law enforcement NPCs. So yes, there are still a subset of account holders who believe it will still be possible to be able to have a setting in their client that will allow them to freely travel everywhere in the verse without having the possibility of other players engaging them in PVP combat. We might also never see private servers given the large expansion of the verse but that one is harder to call.

Reactions: Harkonan

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
With regards to private servers….don’t count on it being anything more that private matches similar to broken moon/dying star. Do NOT, expect it to to be a full blown version of the SC game.
as for PvP…I see several ways PvP could be done, in ways that players have extreme risk, or little to no game risk to their characters.

1) PvP zones where conflict is raging and players choose a side to aid. Xenothreat is one example of this type of conflict.
2) within SC, players can choose to play the Arena Commander/Marine Commander/ToW games as ranked players. The higher the rank, the more REC you earn, at the highest levels, you can even earn sponsorships that pay you UEC. Beware however, because when you reach that level, shadowy figures from the underworld will offer you gifts…if you accept it, they ask you to throw a match at some point…refuse them, and you may find yourself exposed…a scandal in the sports world. Accept and pull it off, and you earn their favor…double cross them and hope you make it to your next match alive…. Even if you didn’t accept their initial overtures. You may still be impacted if your opponents or teammates do.
3) Sanctioned in-game racing…watch out though…while this pays better than a sim race, crash into a building or a barrier, and you may not walk away. Plus, you might have to watch out for not so friendly fire from competitors.
4) Last, economic competition. People forget you can also compete economically against each other. Pull into port with a load of distilled spirits at the right time, and you can make great money…pull in after a Hull C sells what they can, and you may lose money on the cargo you are hauling…

Forgot your password?