Security Fighter Squadron & Ground Marines - Yellow Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
As a pirate, laser sword 'n board is part of the job description!

Reactions: Zaraphandox

Madesson

Space Marshal
Feb 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Madesson
Are infantry separate from boarding? I would imagine some people who expressed interest in infantry would probably like to board as well, right?

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Are infantry separate from boarding? I would imagine some people who expressed interest in infantry would probably like to board as well, right?
Well some people aren't too sure if they want to board as infantry. Just because of the perma death mechanics and boarding is one of the most dangerous forms of FPS. (Open the door, boom head shot) So for now we plan on keeping them separate, but you will be able to be part of which ever sub group you wish, such as medical as well as a gunship pilot.

Madesson

Space Marshal
Feb 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Madesson
Well some people aren't too sure if they want to board as infantry. Just because of the perma death mechanics and boarding is one of the most dangerous forms of FPS. (Open the door, boom head shot) So for now we plan on keeping them separate, but you will be able to be part of which ever sub group you wish, such as medical as well as a gunship pilot.
Ah yeah, that makes sense with the death mechanics. Good call keeping that separate.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
yay, gives me an excuse to be an elite marine rather than pubby army /s

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Ah yeah, that makes sense with the death mechanics. Good call keeping that separate.
I'm sure as we learn more on the subject both groups will grow to a good size. But unfortunately until we know more on how medical mechanics work for more severe wounds such as headshots, I don't expect it to grow much.
yay, gives me an excuse to be an elite marine rather than pubby army /s
The goal is to let people do what they want in the game, so yes if you wanna do it all by all means become as badass as possible!

Korristopher

Captain
Feb 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Korr
Added you to the roster.

Finally picked up the Cutlass Red. Real interested to see how the medical aspect of the game is done.
You know.. although it was just a $57M funding marker, I might just forgo the Red Cutlass and go get the Misc Endeavor. here is a link. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14209-Letter-From-The-Chairman

Although maybe some have forgotten about the Research Platform that can function as a hospital with docking bay. I would definitely put my hard earned credits into getting one.

Obelon

Space Marshal
Dec 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Obe
Sign me up for the Fighter and/or med units. I plan on being a primary assault or healer type, so realistically duck-and-cover/ triage-at-base-ship duty + beer :D

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
You know.. although it was just a $57M funding marker, I might just forgo the Red Cutlass and go get the Misc Endeavor. here is a link. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14209-Letter-From-The-Chairman

Although maybe some have forgotten about the Research Platform that can function as a hospital with docking bay. I would definitely put my hard earned credits into getting one.
Only problem I see with that is the Endeavor is a heavy duty medical station. Probably going to be big, slow, and very lightly armed. Most likely fantastic as a base of operations since CR mentioned it could be a respawn point, so even if you die, you can be "brought back" on board, whereas without an Endeavor you might respawn god only knows how far away. But vulnerable to enemy attacks.

On the other hand, Red is on a very combat capable chassis (better to have it, and not need it, than need it and not have it!), and almost certainly faster, but does not have as robust of medical services. (Can probably heal most anything that's not losing a limb, but can't act as a respawn point)

So I think the "Ambulance and Hospital" comparison is apt- Reds rush out, grab the wounded, and bring them back to Momma Endeavor. But for smaller squads, it might be more efficient just to bring a Red so you don't have to devote so many resources to protecting your respawn point.

Reactions: GrammarGestapo

Korristopher

Captain
Feb 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Korr
Definitely worth to see how the Endeavor plays a factor in infantry combat. Other than that... science station?

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
I foresee that the Endeavor will be quite a valuable resource to have. I plan on trying to get one when they do the concept sale.

Is the FPS module still scheduled for this month?

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Send the AI marines in first to die.

And FPS reveal at PAX tomorrow/saturday?
They said the demo would be available to PAX attendees. Not sure if that means it'll be available after PAX for everyone else or how long it'll be. Hope they say!

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
They said the demo would be available to PAX attendees. Not sure if that means it'll be available after PAX for everyone else or how long it'll be. Hope they say!
I assume we'll get it after a few weeks. Im sure we'll see a youtube video over the weekend for it. They aren't streaming this one.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?