Final thoughts on the TechLinked Star Citizen Video!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Obviously its not a scam. I have seen this guy before and always been very disappointd in his analysis. Watching him always feels like listening to a 4 year old give instruction to a fifty year old about how life works. I think he should just go sell shoes.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
NOICE!

The TechLinked video is probably the fairest of all the "big" independent videos out there. It is unfortunate that he kind of repeated some of the old tropes about the game ("SCAM") but in a way, a naive viewer would have heard that before and would be wondering...addressing issues like that head on right now is probably the best for credibility to any potential new backer.

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Here's what's far more likely:

Squadron 42 and Star Citizen is Chris Robert's 'Magnum Opus'. This isn't just a game for him. It's his legacy. Forget what came before. Everything is riding on this.

Given that, why not wait? Why not let Elite Dangerous grow long in the tooth? And why not build the next generation gaming AI (for Star Citizen and possibly other games!) while waiting?

When Star Citizen finally launches, no MMO will be close to it in visual fidelity and NPC AI. Let alone multi-crewing spaceships with NPCs.

So long as the record crowd funding pace continues, perfecting Squadron 42's and Star Citizen's engine and content is the best business decision they can make.

As painful as that is for waiting gamers...

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
So your saying it's only a scam if the money is actually used to pay salaries instead of private jets, yachts, golf courses...

Damn this con just got so many layers I need to go to bed my head hurts 😂

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, Chris Roberts does live in a nice house in a fancy neighborhood, so it must be a scam. If he lived in a cardboard box under a bridge, then it would not be a scam.
I think it's a scam because CR doesn't go into suspended animation or simply blink out of existence like all the other CEOs do when they are not in the public eye on work commitments.

What kind of carry-on is existing in reality outside of your work when you get to the headdy heights of Corporate? I mean it's just not very efficient, is it?

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Well, Chris Roberts does live in a nice house in a fancy neighborhood, so it must be a scam. If he lived in a cardboard box under a bridge, then it would not be a scam.
Only one fancy house and his employees live in houses too? I still can't make up my mind.

I think it's a scam because CR doesn't go into suspended animation or simply blink out of existence like all the other CEOs do when they are not in the public eye on work commitments.

What kind of carry-on is existing in reality outside of your work when you get to the headdy heights of Corporate? I mean it's just not very efficient, is it?
He kinda blinked out of existence since there aren't any questions to the chairman anymore though... hm

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
He kinda blinked out of existence since there aren't any questions to the chairman anymore though... hm
On a scale of Elon Musk (practically tattoo'd to the inside of your eyelids) to Walt Disney (frozen head in a bucket waiting for the future) he's around about an Orson Wells Citizen Kane... which is probably the most accurate thing I have ever said.

EDIT - or probably not I dunno, I don't mean he is or is like Citizen Kane, something or nothing or whatever :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
On a scale of Elon Musk (practically tattoo'd to the inside of your eyelids) to Walt Disney (frozen head in a bucket waiting for the future) he's around about an Orson Wells Citizen Kane... which is probably the most accurate thing I have ever said.
Do you suspect he actually might work behind the scenes? I cannot believe it. What kind of CEO doesn't produce daily tweets about stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the company he's representing. Doesn't CR know anything about what a CEO is supposed to do? Unbelieveable!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
He kinda blinked out of existence since there aren't any questions to the chairman anymore though
There are now employees in place that know more than him.

In the beginning, questions in 10FTC were like "Will there be clouds?" and "How do you poop if your ship has no toilet?" which were all great right?

Now you have Tony Z explaining things way beyond what CR could.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
There are now employees in place that know more than him.

In the beginning, questions in 10FTC were like "Will there be clouds?" and "How do you poop if your ship has no toilet?" which were all great right?

Now you have Tony Z explaining things way beyond what CR could.
I consider the poop question the most important one. Damn, I missed that episode! -actually never used to watch that show regularily so that's probably on me. ;)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I consider the poop question the most important one. Damn, I missed that episode! -actually never used to watch that show regularily so that's probably on me. ;)
As far as I am aware poo is still on the table but it may take as while before we see it in game.

Reactions: Ploeperpengel
Forgot your password?