Finally made my first million aUEC

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It has been a long while coming, so long I can't remember which patch was the last to wipe a players aUEC total.

I got close to a mil at the last patch where trading was profitable - got up to 800k runnning Astatine Gas from Woodrow on Ita to Olisar, netting about 60k a trip it was good profit but at 200k for a full cargo hold also very risky if I lost a haul to asshats or 30k's... but then the next patch came in and that 60k turned into 16k and from what I was able to puck up from other box pushers, nothing was bringing in the big score anymore.

For a while I just took out my 350r and buggered about. Saw the sights, tracked down the Henge again, looked at the Pico toys and joked with the Babbage AI until last IAE when the Traffic Controler lead me on to the roof of the space port and left me with no other choice than to thow myself off it or become an un-law abiding citizen...

Anyway, recently I noticed the Data Skimmer missions paid 20k aUEC a go, and were between 10 to 15 mins a mission, about 100k an hour.... A handfull of those, and I've got quite a nice egg to sit on.

The Hurc C2 will be out soon but even with a Mil in my pocket to fill its hold, Big cargo is Big risk if a 30k happens and the market in Stanton seems to be in recession right now anyway with prices to buy pretty high and prices to sell pretty low, so was thinking of blasting my stack on a ship instead.

Does anyone know if the bought-in-game ships persist patch to patch? I'm always aware the next patch may be a wipe to zero but it would be nice to have something to show for all that work even if I only get to ride it for a few weeks... Also, is there somewhere they show in your account Hangar or is it just another ship on the list to claim from at the Kiosks?

Last edited:

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Does anyone know if the bought-in-game ships persist patch to patch? I'm always aware the next patch may be a wipe to zero but it would be nice to have something to show for all that work even if I only get to ride it for a few weeks... Also, is there somewhere they show in your account Hangar or is it just another ship on the list to claim from at the Kiosks?
Ships and armor/weapons do persist from patch to patch, or at least mine have. It just shows up as another ship you own on the Kiosk.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
It has been a long while coming, so long I can't remember which patch was the last to wipe a players aUEC total.

I got close to a mil at the last patch where trading was profitable - got up to 800k runnning Astatine Gas from Woodrow on Ita to Olisar, netting about 60k a trip it was good profit but at 200k for a full cargo hold also very risky if I lost a haul to asshats or 30k's... but then the next patch came in and that 60k turned into 16k and from what I was able to puck up from other box pushers, nothing was bringing in the big score anymore.

For a while I just took out my 350r and buggered about. Saw the sights, tracked down the Henge again, looked at the Pico toys and joked with the Babbage AI until last IAE when the Traffic Controler lead me on to the roof of the space port and left me with no other choice than to thow myself off it or become an un-law abiding citizen...

Anyway, recently I noticed the Data Skimmer missions paid 20k aUEC a go, and were between 10 to 15 mins a mission, about 100k an hour.... A handfull of those, and I've got quite a nice egg to sit on.

The Hurc C2 will be out soon but even with a Mil in my pocket to fill its hold, Big cargo is Big risk if a 30k happens and the market in Stanton seems to be in recession right now anyway with prices to buy pretty high and prices to sell pretty low, so was thinking of blasting my stack on a ship instead.

Congrats!
Ships do persist through patches, any upgrades / add-ons (coolers, shields..) or fps weapons and armor do not. Well, they should but it's a mess, I never had a patch where I had any of the fps or upgrade stuff left apart from 1-2 totally random pieces.
So yes your new ship will be fine uless CIG does a full reset, which could happen at any patch so... enjoy the stuff while it lasts lol

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

About time you start ot wark your ass out you sad-face trashcan! Oh, don't warry, the first million is the most paintfull, then you'll be able to rise money more quicly, especially now that mision pay preatty well.

For the persistent question: yes, ship does remain from patch to patch... in therory every item you purchase (armor, FPS weapons, ship's component etc) is suppose to persist, till there are some bugs that wipe every ship to his stock configration at every path, and that means you'll loose every component equipped in them, money, on the other way, are more stable, so remember to un-equip every ship component (component AND weapons) at every patch release and DO NOT buy component when a new patch is in the air.

Also for money rising both bounty mission and ROC mining are some good gring method, with little to no risk involved other then wasting some time, far more profitable and secure then trading at the moment.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
About time you start ot wark your ass out you sad-face trashcan! Oh, don't warry, the first million is the most paintfull, then you'll be able to rise money more quicly, especially now that mision pay preatty well.

For the persistent question: yes, ship does remain from patch to patch... in therory every item you purchase (armor, FPS weapons, ship's component etc) is suppose to persist, till there are some bugs that wipe every ship to his stock configration at every path, and that means you'll loose every component equipped in them, money, on the other way, are more stable, so remember to un-equip every ship component (component AND weapons) at every patch release and DO NOT buy component when a new patch is in the air.

Also for money rising both bounty mission and ROC mining are some good gring method, with little to no risk involved other then wasting some time, far more profitable and secure then trading at the moment.
Hmmmm, a ROC now there is an idea not too expensive but definitely an asset to go play with...

Reactions: Zookajoe and Vavrik

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Hmmmm, a ROC now there is an idea not too expensive but definitely an asset to go play with...
ROC is a good investment if you got the time and ship to transport it. Cheap to get too.

Yes your in game ships have the same "insurance" as any other bought with cash. They can be respawned without limit, with their modifications intact. At least that's how it worked for me so far.

Chrono_naut

Admiral
Feb 21, 2021
RSI Handle
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Chrono_naut
I don't like "grinding" (as doing the same profitable mission over and over again) but halting illegal surveillance at satellites can be quite profitable, it gives you 25k aUEC each time and lasts less than 5 minutes (yeah, there is an obnoxious countdown but it's quite manageable). Then, add all the extras from "call to arm".

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
ROC is a good investment if you got the time and ship to transport it. Cheap to get too.

Yes your in game ships have the same "insurance" as any other bought with cash. They can be respawned without limit, with their modifications intact. At least that's how it worked for me so far.
Many thanks for the tips, chums! Looks like I'll be able to grab a ROC to drag around the place in my Taurus, keep a chunk of my change and get some mining in while waiting for the next wide-wipe.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
It's not replication. It's because of loaners that are being added multiple times.
Is that the case? I thought you got just one loaner now even if you are elligible for more of the same type (at least that is the case for me since recent months).

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Is that the case? I thought you got just one loaner now even if you are elligible for more of the same type (at least that is the case for me since recent months).
They busted it. I own two MSR's, and a Caterpillar, so not sure why they would give me 5 of each. The other ship that has 5 replicates is the Arrow... which I don't own. Only 3 of the MSR's work now, though the two I can't use any more are full of cargo - lost to 30K's. I'm not going to lose a Caterpillar of cargo.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
They busted it. I own two MSR's, and a Caterpillar, so not sure why they would give me 5 of each. The other ship that has 5 replicates is the Arrow... which I don't own. Only 3 of the MSR's work now, though the two I can't use any more are full of cargo - lost to 30K's. I'm not going to lose a Caterpillar of cargo.
Is that for ship bought in-game or with real money?
I have noticed on PTU for this patch before it became live on PU that many ppl I know with ships bought in-game had a lot of duplicates.
On my part I do not own any ship bought in-game, only from pledge store, and did not have duplicates, even by reproducing the same steps as they did to get some.

Reactions: Zookajoe and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Is that for ship bought in-game or with real money?
I have noticed on PTU for this patch before it became live on PU that many ppl I know with ships bought in-game had a lot of duplicates.
On my part I do not own any ship bought in-game, only from pledge store, and did not have duplicates, even by reproducing the same steps as they did to get some.
I have only ships bought in the pledge store, and loaners they keep giving me that I hardly ever fly.
The Arrow's I assume are from a concierge reward this month.

Forgot your password?