finally managed to land on a planet...

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Ha... I thought I had more than 400km to fly to reach the shelter until I realized that it is on the other side of the Celin and crashed full speed into the surface in a true TEST spirit!
Not sure if that's a feature or a bug.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
My first landing was as great as a flight instructor demo. Perfect but boring. Freelancers are easy.

My second landing was more uplifting since I slammed into the surface after re-entry and bounced 1km back up into the sky. Cutlasses got no acceleration to slow down with.

My 3rd landing was also a hit and run since I forgot that Heralds only accelerate forward well. Even pointed up like a rocket I was unable to keep myself from smashing into the surface.

So far no damage from any collisions with the surface. I was really hoping for a good Crashmas thus year :(

Reactions: Zookajoe

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I vote for gas powered magnetic grapple guns. With a 300 pound test mono filament.
I like.

I want one like Rufus used in Bill and Teds Bogus Journey to follow the Evil Robot Us's - Can't find a clip or image anywhere but is was basically a Neon guitar that he jammed into the top of their time traveling phone booth and then just got dragged along by a cable.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Pffft, anyone can land on the flat bottom of the ship with all that helpful landing gear, but only us skilled TEST pilots can land on the narrow side of the ship.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Yup, my first landing was in a Cutty. Landed it tail down, nose pointing up at 45 degrees. Rear hatch would not work, so I fell out a side door. I agree with Sunder, grappling hooks should be mandatory. Come on, even Stormtroopers, stationed INSIDE a huge Deathstar the size of a moon had them!

Reactions: Black Sunder

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Yup, my first landing was in a Cutty. Landed it tail down, nose pointing up at 45 degrees. Rear hatch would not work, so I fell out a side door. I agree with Sunder, grappling hooks should be mandatory. Come on, even Stormtroopers, stationed INSIDE a huge Deathstar the size of a moon had them!
Well they had to cross the distance when the bridges failed.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
My first landing went only slightly better, but also ended in suicide. It was a Cutlass Black, and it did land right side up. but. The new Cutlass model doesn't have ladders to get in or out, so I landed and lowered the ramp. I didn't even bother to look at the height of the ramp off the ground, but it was higher than my ... toon? ... can jump so he couldn't get back in. Had to choose between: A) commit suicide out of embarrassment, or B) die of oxygen starvation in a little over an hour. He chose A.

Forgot your password?