Firebird and Nursa announced

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
But will it fit my Honda... C1?
Honestly I never thought to just buy an ursa and try, seems a bit too high for it though. Nursa seems like a good investment at this point if you have something to fit it into.

Such nice screenshots, love em!
Can't wait to see how many can fit in a m2. Makes for an interesting ground tactic.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Actually, I don't GAF if the respawn on the T3 beds stays or not. I've been using a C8R as a daily driver for a long time now because just having the ability to heal available is an incredible quality of life hack. Having respawn on T3 is like the whipped cream on a skillfully made mocha.

What IS an amazing change to the game, is that the the NUrsa just became a medbed for anything it'll fit in.. now I have no excuse to not take the bigger, better ships out. Sorry 400i, rest well in the back of the hangar.

This is probably NOT obvious to anyone who's not delved into the esoteric world of SC sneaky shit, but the Firebird offers something that didn't exist before. Even with only a 20% stealth reduction, we now have access to a ship that is designed for the same playstyle as the Eclipse but at daily driver economies. This makes it useful for grinding lower level missions quickly, reasonably safely, and at a huge profit margin over constant repairs, or the price of torpedoes.

Is it worthwhile? I dunno. I've been using a Sabre for this role, and I'm not sure giving up 2x size 3 guns is worthwhile. HOWEVER, the fact that it's flight tuning is 'interceptor' gives it that very, very, VERY important ability of deciding if there is even going to be a fight, and THAT is more valuable than lots of hardpoints.

I'll probably be picking one up, but am not completely convinced yet. At the end of the day it is yet another single-seat fighter, and not a livable ship for the 'verse.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
At the end of the day it is yet another single-seat fighter, and not a livable ship for the 'verse.
This is the reason I have a Vanguard. That thing is designed for Boarder Patrol duty and you'd be able to truly go walkabout in it.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
This is the reason I have a Vanguard. That thing is designed for Boarder Patrol duty and you'd be able to truly go walkabout in it.
Indeed I often think about melting me harbinger for the lastest and greatest new fad ship but somehow it always stays put ready for action :D

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Indeed I often think about melting me harbinger for the lastest and greatest new fad ship but somehow it always stays put ready for action :D
I'm a 'Verse of 100 systems not being able to go long distance doesn't appeal to me at all :-)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm a fan of the shape of the Raven, so I'm enjoying the shape of the Firebird so far. As somebody that used to own & drive a Firebird car for several years, when I heard about this, my 1st thought was hoping it would come with a CIG equivalent of the Smokey & the Bandit Trans Am paint scheme. Sadly, that wasn't even considered, so I'm hoping that there will at least be a black & gold-ish paint for the concierge members for it. Ultimately though, it's all going to boil down to cost of the ship to determine if this ship is worth it to me. Them swapping the EMPs with a dozen S3 missiles really dropped the value of it from that of the Raven, which was being listed by CIG for a while on the CCU upgrade list as being worth $200. With this swap, I'd say the Firebird should be no higher than $150 with a WB of $125.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
It's a roll of Drake Tape?
You've just won the forum for today.
As somebody that used to own & drive a Firebird car for several years
Bought for a summer job in Indianapolis in 1993 for $100, my first car was a yellow Pontiac Sunbird. Like this, but with more rust, dust and dents, and less grip on the tyres. Cornered like a White Castle and smelled like one too.
1716200926452.png

I'm fairly sure the lady in that pic is about to ask the Sunbird's owner to park it elsewhere as it's devaluing her house.

I just hope CIG never tries to make a ship this bad in Star Citizen.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
You've just won the forum for today.

Bought for a summer job in Indianapolis in 1993 for $100, my first car was a yellow Pontiac Sunbird. Like this, but with more rust, dust and dents, and less grip on the tyres. Cornered like a White Castle and smelled like one too.
View attachment 25601

I'm fairly sure the lady in that pic is about to ask the Sunbird's owner to park it elsewhere as it's devaluing her house.

I just hope CIG never tries to make a ship this bad in Star Citizen.
My Firebird was a white 1996 V6 model that I jokingly called the Flaming Chicken, due to it only being a V6. Similar to this:

She probably the main reason that I'm not a fan of Drake. Any time anything hit that front end, those headlight assemblies would break & until I could afford to have them installed, I was stuck with duct tape jiggy rigging them up, Which was most of the time I owned the car.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Does anyone know what the difference is (if any) between the "Invictus Flight Jacket Steel" which is included with WB Nursa and MPUV-T and the "Invictus Flight Jacket Black" which is included with the WB Retaliator and Sabre Firebird?
I have no idea & didn't realize that the jackets mentioned as extras were different, but now I'm curious as well.

Forgot your password?