First image of the space motorcycle, the Nox

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think this is a good way to stop you floating out of the seat in Zero-G.

Remember this thing was originally designed by a different species for a different species - the Xi-An may never sit up ever, their physiology may bias squatting or laying incumbent like this.

You want earthling comfort, buy a bike designed by an earthling.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
only 1 seat, but better shield and weapons and maneuverability...
I would not be surprised if it had no shield nor weapons. It fits in much less space and unless you are planning to fight from a bike, this may be a smarter ride. You might fit a pair of these in a Hoplite. Might even fit in a Warden, Harbinger or Sentinel.

For the lone explorer, this would be great in a Reliant Sen.

Last edited:

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I feel that this thing is going to be treated like a luxury vehicle with niche advantages. I expect little to no weaponry, minimal shields, and no cargo space. For those wishing to use it in a tactical capacity, it can be a good stealthy (Small cross-section, small/no shields, small engine) rapid delivery/escape vehicle. For everyone else: Canyon racing.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Yeah, I can see heading out alone with one in the back of a Sen and a sniper rifle on your back. I'm diggin' it more than the two seater.
I'm digging the Lone Sniper vibe. The Nox is exactly how I'd want to do it too. Take a shot, move several KM, take another shot. Good stuff. My dragonfly has MUCH to fear today....

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm digging the Lone Sniper vibe. The Nox is exactly how I'd want to do it too. Take a shot, move several KM, take another shot. Good stuff.
There was a news item up today that the sniper record was just broken by an American, I believe fighting ISIS in Syria. Took out a fighter with a 2-mile shot. Never been done before, despite what claims you might have heard--is an international record.

Now picture that kind of support for your terrestrial martial excursions from a shoulder mounted railgun. . .

The Nox might even fit in an Aurora or a 315P.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
AS this cost a fiver more than the Dragonfly, is there likely to be some shinies included with it to account for that extra cost?
Factor in alien tax.

Likely faster and much more agile. It's a one seater and doubtful you get the Dfly's saddlebags, and many seem to be speculating no guns. I kind of suspect the comparrison to go kind of like this: Nox will be to the Dragonfly sort of what the Khartu is to the Cutlass.

Also, just speculating, the price may be somewhat lower because the last several concept sales have been very expensive.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
There was a news item up today that the sniper record was just broken by an American, I believe fighting ISIS in Syria. Took out a fighter with a 2-mile shot. Never been done before, despite what claims you might have heard--is an international record.

Now picture that kind of support for your terrestrial martial excursions from a shoulder mounted railgun. . .

The Nox might even fit in an Aurora or a 315P.
That's all the reason people are stocking on them
I read it was a Canadian that broke the sniper record today. It was something like 2.2 miles.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
There was a news item up today that the sniper record was just broken by an American, I believe fighting ISIS in Syria. Took out a fighter with a 2-mile shot. Never been done before, despite what claims you might have heard--is an international record
Canadian. ;) 3540m.
I read it was a Canadian that broke the sniper record today. It was something like 2.2 miles.
Yeah, exactly this. Fucking nuts. 3 of the top 5 world record kills are held by Canadians. This most recent dude is from JTF2.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/canadian-sniper-hits-isis-militant-with-record-setting-shot-1.3471687

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
Canadian. ;) 3540m.

Yeah, exactly this. Fucking nuts. 3 of the top 5 world record kills are held by Canadians. This most recent dude is from JTF2.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canada/canadian-sniper-hits-isis-militant-with-record-setting-shot-1.3471687
So what you are saying is not all Canadians are nice or does he apologize after firing the shot?

I can see it now he is sitting up on his perch humming 'O Canada and then bang. Then you hear him say "Sorry bout that".

Forgot your password?