First Look at the Hull A , Star Citizen Cargo Ships coming soon!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Considering the cargo refactor and craft with external storage having a loading advantage, I'm looking forward to the Starfarer getting it's interchangeable tanks/cargo pods.

Seems like that hulk will get the best of both worlds with both secure internal and speedy external storage, and maybe get similar capacity to the Hull B or maybe even close to Hull C while still being able to land rather than being specebound by the cargo placement.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
While I'm liking the direction that the Hull series is taking so far, seeing the Hull D & E makes me wonder if they will be quite fast when unloaded since their thrusters & Quantum drives will be theoretically based on them having such massive mass to transport. Cut the mass to a small fraction of what it would be while fully loaded but still have the same amount of power to move on hand & that should potentially speed them up. Or am I way off?

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I really like this one but if the cargo capacity is 48 vs a Cutlass Black of 46... :wut:
Really want to like it and since I enjoy floundering about in my Raft with 96 cargo I am sure it will be in my wish list if nothing else than the mechanics of it:like:
Wanted to add this edit: The cargo specs @ RSI are obviously old and not updated https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/hull/Hull-A
Sorry about that :drunk:

Last edited:

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Need to watch the video. The cargo capacity looks like 16 per quarter, for a total of 64.
Watched it, but to be honest I copied the info without regards from the RSI page. :drunk:
Not the first time I turned to the RSI specification page for information that turned out to be wrong and outdated :thump:

Utmost apologies to anyone who might think I don't like the new girl... I am certainly looking forward to giving a whirl.
Hell to be honest I fell in love with my Raft and lets be honest...its a space brick:like:

Last edited:

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Hull A has been released to 3.17 PTU. I was trying to spawn it in the verse -- ASOP terminals and elevators do not work right now due to the backend issues, but I woke up in my StarfarerG left in the middle of space in previous PTU build. I managed to jump to Port Olisar, hoping to spawn Hull at the old-school elevator-less station, only to find out that... PO is invisible due to the streaming issue, another 3.17 problem. I spent some 10-15 min waiting for the game to spawn the station. I would probably wait few more minutes, but... server decided to crash.

The only way to do some test flight was to spawn Hull in Arena Commander.

It's a classic single-seater MISC ship with very cool details, incl. animated main engine propelling nozzle.
Retractable cargo struts are beautifully animated, as expected. I can already imagine models D and E with their massive struts...

ScreenShot-2022-04-02_22-18-22-30C.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-04-02_22-17-59-B35.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-04-02_22-16-42-CB4.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-04-02_22-17-02-D7D.jpg

ScreenShot-2022-04-02_22-09-58-3AD.jpg

Forgot your password?