First mention of work beginning on the Titan Suits!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Great stuff. Hopefully we'll see the Tally modules get some love. It'd be nice to see a module for the Titansuit for the Valkyrie and perhaps even the Carrack as well.

I don't know how much players actually care about using S1 weapons for FPS. I still have yet to see a careful tutorial of how to use the Nox for FPS. That thing is a mobile heavy machine gun and no one uses it. This leaves me uncertain about what the reception to the Titansuit will be. Given restrictions as to which ships can carry it and where it can go, it may land like a lead balloon. Guess we'll see.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Great stuff. Hopefully we'll see the Tally modules get some love. It'd be nice to see a module for the Titansuit for the Valkyrie and perhaps even the Carrack as well.

I don't know how much players actually care about using S1 weapons for FPS. I still have yet to see a careful tutorial of how to use the Nox for FPS. That thing is a mobile heavy machine gun and no one uses it. This leaves me uncertain about what the reception to the Titansuit will be. Given restrictions as to which ships can carry it and where it can go, it may land like a lead balloon. Guess we'll see.
What they're showing only fits in a Tali prone, if it fits at all.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
What they're showing only fits in a Tali prone, if it fits at all.
The last official image I have seen has the knee joint of the suit at the foot of the driver, and that knee slides on a rail down the front of the suit shin to the foot of the suit. So what you have is a suit that is only about 7' tall when shipping, but closer to 10' tall when in use.

Whatever they build, I'm pretty sure it has to fit inside a Tally. They made a big deal that there would be a Tally module that would fit and recharge the suit. Note too that "recharge" means they do not have a tiny fission reactor the way grav bikes, etc., do. They would have some kind of limited service. I don't personally see that distinction lasting, but they are going to find some sort of purpose behind the suit bay that they want to design, ostensibly to limit suit use to larger ships and craft.

1677936853161.png

Reactions: Drowez

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
My Tali after all these years of being semi-useless

1677971373638.png

All my tali modules waiting patiently for years to be made.....
1677971457429.png

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The last official image I have seen has the knee joint of the suit at the foot of the driver, and that knee slides on a rail down the front of the suit shin to the foot of the suit. So what you have is a suit that is only about 7' tall when shipping, but closer to 10' tall when in use.

Whatever they build, I'm pretty sure it has to fit inside a Tally. They made a big deal that there would be a Tally module that would fit and recharge the suit. Note too that "recharge" means they do not have a tiny fission reactor the way grav bikes, etc., do. They would have some kind of limited service. I don't personally see that distinction lasting, but they are going to find some sort of purpose behind the suit bay that they want to design, ostensibly to limit suit use to larger ships and craft.

View attachment 24190
I'm not really seeing tracks there, given the nature of the knee joint.
That design doesn't fit an operator given the hip joints of the vehicle (on the right) in spite the 2D overlay on the left.

Reactions: Drowez

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Titan Suits are cool.

And imagine the new sales frontier CIG will have for them with all of their potential varieties: Cargo carrying, mining, salvaging, fighting, etc. etc.

And all with LTI of course.

Forgot your password?