First round is on me lads.

Drekr

Admiral
Oct 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Drekr
Alright mate,

I'm a student and part-time backup musician from England, and I've actually been lurking around TEST for almost a year now, and thanks to the imminent arrival of a new PC to replace the literally melted wreck of my old one I'll be able to play Star Citizen again for the first time in almost as long so it seemed like a good time to bite the bullet.

The thing that stood out to me about TEST was that among all the org descriptions that went along the lines of 'ULTIMATE SPECIAL FORCES EXTREME OSCAR MIKE TO TANGO DOWN COPY' or that read like poorly worded pyramid schemes there was a group whose objective was 'have fun'. Not having to worry about grinding out a million space bucks to pay my membership tithe but going 'Did you see Tim accidentally hit that moon at lightspeed? That was fucking hilarious, let's do it again with a battleship.'

My personal gameplay preference is multicrew, preferably as big as possible. That's it. Don't know why but games that put half a dozen or more people into a spaceship/plane/tank/whatever are automatically tenfold more interesting to me. Helps the immersion I guess. Add to that a healthy enthusiasm for sci-fi and the prospect of a 20+ player crewed ship and you might get an idea of why this game excites me so much.

Outside of Star Citizen, I tend to play either strategy games or simulators, e.g. IL-2 Sturmovik, with friends or go solo with series like Mass Effect or the Witcher. The first game I can remember playing is Grand Theft Auto 3. No idea how, when or why I got my grubby little hands on it, but I can only assume it didn't have any negative affects as I turned out to be a perfectly normal well-adjusted person who spends copious amounts of money on virtual spaceships, just like any responsible adult.

To a bright future, TEST. Let's take the galaxy by storm.

TL;DR: You guys seem pretty hype. Let's party.

(Picard, by the way.)

Forgot your password?