First Rule of Flying...

Jar'Gon

Admiral
Jul 14, 2018
RSI Handle
Crusade
Love.

"Take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she outta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keens... makes her a home."
-Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly Serenity

I ran a pickup and delivery mission in my Cutlass Black. Both points I landed on planets. Man, entering the planet's atmosphere, landing there in front of the outpost, lowering that back ramp, retrieving the box, carrying it up the ramp and setting it down, and going back to space and delivering it to its destination...

It felt truly alive and immersive. It felt like me being in this vast universe and just trying to run that odd job to get my foot in the door to bigger things.

I'm new to Star Citizen, but I feel this game is the game I've wanted to play my entire life and only got partially satiated by a variety of other games. Others I had to pretend and imagine. This one I can realize that imagination. So excited for the full release!

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Love.

"Take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she outta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keens... makes her a home."
-Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly Serenity

I ran a pickup and delivery mission in my Cutlass Black. Both points I landed on planets. Man, entering the planet's atmosphere, landing there in front of the outpost, lowering that back ramp, retrieving the box, carrying it up the ramp and setting it down, and going back to space and delivering it to its destination...

It felt truly alive and immersive. It felt like me being in this vast universe and just trying to run that odd job to get my foot in the door to bigger things.

I'm new to Star Citizen, but I feel this game is the game I've wanted to play my entire life and only got partially satiated by a variety of other games. Others I had to pretend and imagine. This one I can realize that imagination. So excited for the full release!
Welcome aboard! Yeah, the mining is pretty immersive also. If you want to give it a try, just look for me, I got a couple to spare.

Jar'Gon

Admiral
Jul 14, 2018
RSI Handle
Crusade
Thanks! I just tried mining too. First time, I blew up the rock and my ship, but getting better. I bought the Drake Vulture but I was given a Prospector until it's available. Although once in game, I may have to get a Prospector too haha.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I thought the First Rule of Flying is we don't talk about Aurora Club?
Thats the Second rule of flying. The first rule of flying is "No Smoking". Thumbs up for anyone who got the Spaced reference.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I ran a pickup and delivery mission in my Cutlass Black. Both points I landed on planets. Man, entering the planet's atmosphere, landing there in front of the outpost, lowering that back ramp, retrieving the box, carrying it up the ramp and setting it down, and going back to space and delivering it to its destination..
Uh, just one thing. When you stop at an outpost, and lower the ramp to get out? Raise it before you go into the outpost, or occasionally you'll be looking at the empty dirt spot where your now stolen ship's landing legs left their impression.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Uh, just one thing. When you stop at an outpost, and lower the ramp to get out? Raise it before you go into the outpost, or occasionally you'll be looking at the empty dirt spot where your now stolen ship's landing legs left their impression.
lol, that, PLUS...especially with the Cutlass, where the only way to get on is via the ramp (? or am I wrong).

When you land at an outpost, sometimes the ground isn't flat...the ramp won't go all the way down...you can get *off* but you may not be able to get back *ON*...so, before you load up your ship with cargo or other high value items, drop the ramp and make sure you can get back on before you raise it back up again.

Don't ask me how I found this out! lol!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Vaping is less healthy than Smoking cigarettes. I ve Seen Guys Smoking the equivalent of 100 cigarettes with it.

But btw the postguy with the new Pot comes oday.......
yeah, I used to teach smoking cessation classes. When e-cigarettes first came out, my colleagues and I were astonished at how easy it was to get way more nicotine with these devices than with real cigarettes. It was like somebody perfected the ultimate nicotine delivery system. In many instances, if used incorrectly, it would make it harder to quit smoking.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
lol, that, PLUS...especially with the Cutlass, where the only way to get on is via the ramp (? or am I wrong).

When you land at an outpost, sometimes the ground isn't flat...the ramp won't go all the way down...you can get *off* but you may not be able to get back *ON*...so, before you load up your ship with cargo or other high value items, drop the ramp and make sure you can get back on before you raise it back up again.

Don't ask me how I found this out! lol!
Nope not wrong, you can get out via the side doors though. And yeah, I've had the experience of not being able to get back on the ramp. I'd stopped at one of the non-secure outposts. I just walked off, jumped down then turned around to look at how high the ramp was because it seemed a little far. I went in to buy some cargo, then looked at the ramp again. "Dang", I said. "That's un-good". Then, after about 10 minutes of trying to jump, run and jump, jump off of something, run and jump off of something onto the ramp, the ship, and my cargo vanished, right before my eyes. Then some guy in an Avenger came and put me out of my misery.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?