Fleet meltdown...

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Argh!

Last anniversary (still in progress) have leaved my fleet at turmoil. Got a Kraken during Citcom and later I got lucky with the Idris-K sell, got an Endeavor master set...

So I have a set of favorite ships in buyback, and I am thinking which ones to keep. My current credit sum is around 3600$ and I will try to get it closer to 5000 during the next year or two. The list of ships I am deciding to take ships from:
* Pioneer: 850$
* Endeavor master set: 1000$
* Kraken: 1400$ (WB)
* Idris-K (1800$)

there are two ship which I will probably get for sure, or CCU (the orion):
* Orion (275$, hehe)
* 890J: 890$

So this is my dilemma. I think that getting both Kraken and Idris-K could be a good idea, because of them being much harder to obtain and going to give good profits both of them. I would add Endeavor almost sure. It is so COOL... but... arghhhh.

So, first question would be if get the Kraken, the Idris-K or both...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
In answer to the first question, another question:

Do you want a battleship you can carry a couple of your smaller ships in, or do you want something more like a mobile base you can carry a load of your smaller ships in?

Are you ready to rumble, or want to keep all your crap in one place? 🙂

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
In answer to the first question, another question:

Do you want a battleship you can carry a couple of your smaller ships in, or do you want something more like a mobile base you can carry a load of your smaller ships in?

Are you ready to rumble, or want to keep all your crap in one place? 🙂
Probably the second, but the rumble sounds fun as well... lol.

I think Kraken have much more versatility than Idris-K, and I have it as WB, so probably will be my choice. I hope it comes with a medbay.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
What did I miss.. I know about Idris-P and Idris-M never heard of a Idris-K variant : - P

Think about it this way if you like me aim to go past 5K mark then you have time to buyback any ship using added cash or use credits with buyback token later to get the big ships back,
since the big ships most likely wont be in game for quiet some time yet. I would focus on other ships I want or are interested in and that are usable now and focused on things I might want to do.

Then as time and credits grow you can pick any quarter buyback token to get back a bigger ship with credits or just add more cash and result is same.
You don't stack unusable ships in the account or ships that give the same loaner instead you keep em in buyback and have more option to have ships with more variety of game play.
Wile waiting for the big ships to enter in game you also get more ships to try and get to know if you even like them or not.

CHEERS!

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Argh!

Last anniversary (still in progress) have leaved my fleet at turmoil. Got a Kraken during Citcom and later I got lucky with the Idris-K sell, got an Endeavor master set...

So I have a set of favorite ships in buyback, and I am thinking which ones to keep. My current credit sum is around 3600$ and I will try to get it closer to 5000 during the next year or two. The list of ships I am deciding to take ships from:
* Pioneer: 850$
* Endeavor master set: 1000$
* Kraken: 1400$ (WB)
* Idris-K (1800$)

there are two ship which I will probably get for sure, or CCU (the orion):
* Orion (275$, hehe)
* 890J: 890$

So this is my dilemma. I think that getting both Kraken and Idris-K could be a good idea, because of them being much harder to obtain and going to give good profits both of them. I would add Endeavor almost sure. It is so COOL... but... arghhhh.

So by Idris K, do you mean an Idris P with the K kit or did they sell an Idris K stand alone?

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
What did I miss.. I know about Idris-P and Idris-M never heard of a Idris-K variant : - P

Think about it this way if you like me aim to go past 5K mark then you have time to buyback any ship using added cash or use credits with buyback token later to get the big ships back,
since the big ships most likely wont be in game for quiet some time yet. I would focus on other ships I want or are interested in and that are usable now and focused on things I might want to do.

Then as time and credits grow you can pick any quarter buyback token to get back a bigger ship with credits or just add more cash and result is same.
You don't stack unusable ships in the account or ships that give the same loaner instead you keep em in buyback and have more option to have ships with more variety of game play.
Wile waiting for the big ships to enter in game you also get more ships to try and get to know if you even like them or not.

CHEERS!
pretty much this unless i missed something. if they are in buyback the prices are locked in right? imo just wait and see til more info comes out on the ships you're looking at. if there is something you see you like then pick it up.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
pretty much this unless i missed something. if they are in buyback the prices are locked in right? imo just wait and see til more info comes out on the ships you're looking at. if there is something you see you like then pick it up.
Buyback prices are locked to what you payed for it the day you bought it, only exception is the CCU's they follow any price change of the ships it target. ; - )

CHEERS!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Probably the second, but the rumble sounds fun as well... lol.

I think Kraken have much more versatility than Idris-K, and I have it as WB, so probably will be my choice. I hope it comes with a medbay.
With a Kracken who needs a med-bay? Just park an Apollo in it and you have somthing much better than a Med Bay, you have a fully stocked med-bay, spawn point and it can come to you if you need it while away from the Kracken..

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
So basically you cannot make the choice? This is star citizen for most backers just on smaller ships. I agree that having the two giant ships will be cost effective and if you loose one the insurance will take a while so maybe that's a reason to have two? Even so they both cover the same role all be it differently. One is a fleet hub the Kracken, the other has the big gun its just which would be more fun for you. I have a pioneer it was interesting they didn't sell land this anniversary but its a contruction ship do you want to do that? As for the endeavour it will be interesting to see if they ever put in all the mechanics.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Forgot your password?