Fleet meltdown...

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So, first question would be if get the Kraken, the Idris-K or both...
I think Kraken have much more versatility than Idris-K, and I have it as WB, so probably will be my choice.
I'm not sure you can land a Kraken, so probably not more versatile. With as much cash as you have in, you might consider fly the Idris first since it will be out years earlier, and move up to the Javelin when it gets released, which again will probably be years before the Kraken. If once the Kraken comes out you like it, you can always trade across, but Javelins are going to be a whole new class of big and deadly. I doubt you would trade down to the Kraken from that.

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
Kraken is capable of landing.
Yeah, and IIRC so the Idris, hehe.

I have been thinking, and probably this could change in the future, but the core of my fleet is going to be Kraken, Endeavor, 890J and Orion. I have already enough (or close) credits to own them. Afterwards, depending on budget, or Pioneer or Idris-K.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
I'm not sure you can land a Kraken, so probably not more versatile. With as much cash as you have in, you might consider fly the Idris first since it will be out years earlier, and move up to the Javelin when it gets released, which again will probably be years before the Kraken. If once the Kraken comes out you like it, you can always trade across, but Javelins are going to be a whole new class of big and deadly. I doubt you would trade down to the Kraken from that.
Citcon demo shown a Kraken landed on Hurston :slight_smile:

More versatile because of cargo, 2 docking collars, tons of bays, fleet repairing. Having much more cargo allows to carry more ships components for repairs, more supplies, and space to keep cargo to trade as well. (not need of a Kiosk to trade to other NPCs/players, I hope). You stop it in space or land it and you have set a base. It have double the fuel tanks as well.

Kraken could be out much earlier than the Javelin, as, as said during the Citcon, most of the assets are already done so the development would be much faster.

Anyway, Javelin, as you said, is another league. I could go for a Javelin but I am not sure it is worth, as it would be a ship I have to negotiate with a ton of people to fly.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?