Fleet planning for a Bounty Hunter

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
Given where the bikes are parked in a Cutlass, you will have to lose half the cells to carry a bike. Parking a Nox in a Cutlass Black was shown in one of the Bug Smasher (I am pretty sure, though it could have been in an ATV) episodes, but I don't remember which one. Each bike takes up half the cargo hold.

Note I do expect it to work, which given the cells in the current Blue, means you can still carry 6 Prisoners, but they will be 2 per cell.

Found it.

View: https://youtu.be/27ktgkZQVr8

ATV it is.
You assume the cells will stay in the same place in front of the side doors? Would kind of eliminate its militia aspect.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
we know they are getting rid of the whole in the center of the ship for docking and making it side doors. If you go by the fact it use to have zero cargo and the new stats have the body of the rework figured in it has the cargo capacity and big enough doors to fit a bike in a blue. Without assuming where someone parked a bike in an empty cargo hold is the only place it can park.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
You assume the cells will stay in the same place in front of the side doors? Would kind of eliminate its militia aspect.
No I am basing it on the location of the landing areas for the bikes. They each take up about half the hold.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
we know they are getting rid of the whole in the center of the ship for docking and making it side doors. If you go by the fact it use to have zero cargo and the new stats have the body of the rework figured in it has the cargo capacity and big enough doors to fit a bike in a blue. Without assuming where someone parked a bike in an empty cargo hold is the only place it can park.
I don't believe the landing areas will change based on the presence, or lack thereof, of the cells.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
I don't believe the landing areas will change based on the presence, or lack thereof, of the cells.
We will just have to see how they decide to do it. I didn’t see any specified landing zones or it highlight or anything it looked like he landed in place a cargo slot the bike could fit in.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I think you just don’t like the ship no matter what happens which is fine.
I already said that. :slight_smile: I think it was in my first post. :slight_smile:

It was:
That leaves me the Cutlass, which while I try to love it, I can't stand the look of it and I was thinking I need a bigger ship for my top end ship. The question here becomes what?
For a Bounty Hunter, the Freelancer, the Cutlass, and possibly the Redeemer, all fill the same role. Medium size ship with some cargo capacity, should have the ability to carry prisoners and a bike, maybe two.

What we actually know is the Cutlass Blue can carry Prisoners and should be able to carry a bike. The Freelancer can carry a bike and should be able to carry Prisoners. The Redeemer should be able to do both, but we have nothing hard either way.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
When

they landed one in the freelancer it wasn’t even straight just landed it inside the door and it was fine
That was before the ability to land a bike in a ship was in the code. So yes, tandem is speculation, but the camera angles showed space for 2.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If the contract is to catch the Pirate in his ship the best combination is likely a pair of Sabres and a Cutlass Red. The Sabres sneak up on the target, and blow it out of the sky. The Cutlass red sweeps in grabs him, resuscitates him and sedates him.

Ready for delivery to a stasis pod or delivery to the authorities. :slight_smile:
I was giving this some more thought.

If you were going to take Captain Jack Sparrow in for a bounty, what would really be the best way to do it?

Would it be trying to run down the Black Pearl, disabling it, boarding it and capturing Jack (It has been tried in several of the movies.) be your best choice?

Or would paying two guys to start a bar fight in Jacks favorite bar on Tortuga, hitting him on the head, or drugging his drink and escaping with him in the confusion?

Or would the easiest way be to pay off a hooker, or two, on Tortuga to lure him away someplace quiet where he can be drugged and then carried off to your ship?

Pirates have to make port, to sell their cargo, to fix their ships, to upgrade, etc. Why risk the damage to your ship? Just carrying the pirate to the authorities is going to be dangerous enough. LOL.
What is easiest depends upon the size of your team, but if you have enough members, I think nuking them with a Raven and swallowing them with a Reclaimer is about as easy as you can get, and you get their ship intact.

Reactions: Richard Bong

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
What is easiest depends upon the size of your team, but if you have enough members, I think nuking them with a Raven and swallowing them with a Reclaimer is about as easy as you can get, and you get their ship intact.
I like it. More than I am willing to spend, and a bigger team that is likely practical, but I like it.

Forgot your password?