Fleet planning for a Bounty Hunter

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
It’s going to be three moons in 3.0 and a single system right now it isn’t even a full system. 3.0 is also introducing hauling and piracy so with that will pry also come players with bounties. Not sure if every system is going to have unpoliced areas or what or if pirates will never be able to sit still to long. Though there will still be Grimm Hex so my guess is it will work like now.
One planetary system. My bad, I wasn't clear.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Bounty Hunting in 3.0 is probably nothing more than "this player/NPC has a bounty, go chase them down and destroy their ship and we'll give you monies".

Which is an improvement over nothing, but I wouldn't get too excited or get expectations too high.
That isn't really bounty hunting that is just being a Mercenary.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
I am part of both groups because I figured they would go well together. Plus even though we don’t have the blue there is the avenger that can still bounty hunt until they add the modules for other ships. With hauling will come piracy so I don’t think it will be npcs but it might not be bad if they have a mission for you to capture one or a few to start for practice/tutorial. I am going with a Cutty Blue personally but we can like different ships if we ever team up on any contracts I am sure the ships will go together well.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
You can’t go off the matrix for the Cutlass Blue for what it’s going to be right now. My guess is they will change it when they get to it’s rework because right now the description says adds missles and better engines but the matrix is the same stats and items as the Black missles and all accept the cargo.

Edit: if I were to guess I would say it will be comparable to the Freelancer MIS if we are going by how the Black turned out. Accept with cells and dropship/boarding capabilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takeiteasy

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
If the contract is to catch the Pirate in his ship the best combination is likely a pair of Sabres and a Cutlass Red. The Sabres sneak up on the target, and blow it out of the sky. The Cutlass red sweeps in grabs him, resuscitates him and sedates him.

Ready for delivery to a stasis pod or delivery to the authorities. :slight_smile:

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
You can’t go off the matrix for the Cutlass Blue for what it’s going to be right now. My guess is they will change it when they get to it’s rework because right now the description says adds missles and better engines but the matrix is the same stats and items as the Black missles and all accept the cargo.
Yes, though things like comparing the Avenger Titan to the Stalker should point us in the correct direction.

The specs on the Lancer, the Connie, the Black are all based on empty as well. They haven't gotten the difference between full and empty in the game yet, though they have said carrying a load will impact performance.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
Yes, though things like comparing the Avenger Titan to the Stalker should point us in the correct direction.

The specs on the Lancer, the Connie, the Black are all based on empty as well. They haven't gotten the difference between full and empty in the game yet, though they have said carrying a load will impact performance.
I would be willing to bet it will be comparable to the freelancer MIS but with Cells and boarding capabilities with the cells in the middle so both sliding side doors are accessible the seats for a boarding party and still have room for a bike for planet pursuits.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I would be willing to bet it will be comparable to the freelancer MIS but with Cells and boarding capabilities with the cells in the middle so both sliding side doors are accessible the seats for a boarding party and still have room for a bike for planet pursuits.
Given where the bikes are parked in a Cutlass, you will have to lose half the cells to carry a bike. Parking a Nox in a Cutlass Black was shown in one of the Bug Smasher (I am pretty sure, though it could have been in an ATV) episodes, but I don't remember which one. Each bike takes up half the cargo hold.

Note I do expect it to work, which given the cells in the current Blue, means you can still carry 6 Prisoners, but they will be 2 per cell.

Found it.

View: https://youtu.be/27ktgkZQVr8

ATV it is.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I was giving this some more thought.

If you were going to take Captain Jack Sparrow in for a bounty, what would really be the best way to do it?

Would it be trying to run down the Black Pearl, disabling it, boarding it and capturing Jack (It has been tried in several of the movies.) be your best choice?

Or would paying two guys to start a bar fight in Jacks favorite bar on Tortuga, hitting him on the head, or drugging his drink and escaping with him in the confusion?

Or would the easiest way be to pay off a hooker, or two, on Tortuga to lure him away someplace quiet where he can be drugged and then carried off to your ship?

Pirates have to make port, to sell their cargo, to fix their ships, to upgrade, etc. Why risk the damage to your ship? Just carrying the pirate to the authorities is going to be dangerous enough. LOL.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
They
Given where the bikes are parked in a Cutlass, you will have to lose half the cells to carry a bike. Parking a Nox in a Cutlass Black was shown in one of the Bug Smasher (I am pretty sure, though it could have been in an ATV) episodes, but I don't remember which one. Each bike takes up half the cargo hold.

Note I do expect it to work, which given the cells in the current Blue, means you can still carry 6 Prisoners, but they will be 2 per cell.
they showed a Nox parked right by the entrance door to the living quarters at gamescon if that’s what your talking about. The cells won’t be able to be on the sides it would block the side doors and the entrance to the living quarters and the cockpit.

A lancer can carry 66 cargo and a Black carries 48 that’s an 18 cargo difference if the Blue still has 25 cargo that’s a little more than half of the Blacks cargo space. I know it’s all subject to change but if we go by what you say a bike still fits. How close the cargo holds are is why I would think Pirates would target the lancer as well.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
They

they showed a Nox parked right by the entrance door to the living quarters at gamescon if that’s what your talking about. The cells won’t be able to be on the sides it would block the side doors and the entrance to the living quarters and the cockpit.

A lancer can carry 66 cargo and a Black carries 48 that’s an 18 cargo difference if the Blue still has 25 cargo that’s a little more than half of the Blacks cargo space. I know it’s all subject to change but if we go by what you say a bike still fits. How close the cargo holds are is why I would think Pirates would target the lancer as well.
They are both likely to be targeted, but both are also well defended for their cargo capacity. Making both the Freelancer and the Cutlass high risk low reward for Pirates, especially when compared to a Hull A or B, or even a Taurus.

The cargo difference between the Lancer and the Black appears to be the Lancer forward hold. Especially given how the bikes fit in the black and their presumed fit in the Lancer (Tandem based on the 2016 demo.). Both should carry 2..

Last edited:

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
N
I was giving this some more thought.

If you were going to take Captain Jack Sparrow in for a bounty, what would really be the best way to do it?

Would it be trying to run down the Black Pearl, disabling it, boarding it and capturing Jack (It has been tried in several of the movies.) be your best choice?

Or would paying two guys to start a bar fight in Jacks favorite bar on Tortuga, hitting him on the head, or drugging his drink and escaping with him in the confusion?

Or would the easiest way be to pay off a hooker, or two, on Tortuga to lure him away someplace quiet where he can be drugged and then carried off to your ship?

Pirates have to make port, to sell their cargo, to fix their ships, to upgrade, etc. Why risk the damage to your ship? Just carrying the pirate to the authorities is going to be dangerous enough. LOL.
I like your idea it would work once until they knew your name then I am sure walking into that pirate bar in lawless space would end wonderfully for you.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
N

I like your idea it would work once until they knew your name then I am sure walking into that pirate bar in lawless space would end wonderfully for you.
The reason you pay the guys to start the fight and escape with your target in the confusion. LOL.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
They are both likely to be targeted, but both are also well defended for their cargo capacity. Making both the Freelancer and the Cutlass high risk low reward for Pirates, especially when compared to a Hull A or B, or even a Taurus.

The cargo difference between the Lancer and the Black appears to be the Lancer forward hold. Especially given how the bikes fit in the black and their presumed fit in the Lancer (Tandem based on the 2016 demo.). Both should carry 2..
Well if they added the cargo because of the rework I am guessing the cells will take up a little less than half the cargo space so that means a lancer should still be able to hold a bike if it gets the option to add a cell module. I would imagine if a ship is specialized for a role it will pry always be better suited to that role than another ship with a mod to do it. My guess would be the Lancer would be better with a stasis pod module than cells since it’s more narrow in its cargo hold while the hold in the Cutlass is from width as much as length. It is the seats in the back that pry stop them from having equal cargo holds.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
The reason you pay the guys to start the fight and escape with your target in the confusion. LOL.
Once you make a name for yourself the guys you would be trying to pay to start the fight will most likely be criminals as well and know who you are. They would pry make a better name for themselves if they recongnize you(one org or allied ones will pry be together in the bar) they would pry make out better turning the entire situation on you. It might work once or twice but since pirates will be what your dealing with other than your target on the ground or in a bar they are at it kind of limits this from repeatedly happening.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
If you want one bee your more likely to be successful if you catch them with a few extra while they are gathering nectar than reaching into the nest.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Once you make a name for yourself the guys you would be trying to pay to start the fight will most likely be criminals as well and know who you are. They would pry make a better name for themselves if they recongnize you(one org or allied ones will pry be together in the bar) they would pry make out better turning the entire situation on you. It might work once or twice but since pirates will be what your dealing with other than your target on the ground or in a bar they are at it kind of limits this from repeatedly happening.
Reclamation Agents, we am not here for you! :)

You are presuming honor among thieves and an inability to disguise yourself.

The only issue is that, you are unlikely to spend much time out of circulation, once a bounty has been collected on you.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
Reclamation Agents, we am not here for you! :slight_smile:

The only issue is that, you are unlikely to spend much time out of circulation, once a bounty has been collected on you.
Unless they plan on removing the name that floats over your head I don’t think a change of outfit is going to cut it.

Jastorin

Vice Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Jastorin
Reclamation Agents, we am not here for you! :slight_smile:

You are presuming you will be able to hide your identity. I was talking about ships not roleplaying.

Forgot your password?