Flight control

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
Ok so I just ordered a Logitech G Pro Flight X56 Rhino and about to order the mounts for them as well is there anything else I would need ? . I'm also looking at the track IR-5 as I like the idea of being able to look around without moving anything but your head .

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ok so I just ordered a Logitech G Pro Flight X56 Rhino and about to order the mounts for them as well is there anything else I would need ? . I'm also looking at the track IR-5 as I like the idea of being able to look around without moving anything but your head .
I know nothing about sticks, but if you want to try headtracking you can try it in game right now with nothing more than your webcam. You need to turn on FOIP in the settings (the thing which puts your face movements on your character in game) and then head tracking. Remember to use the calibration tool, it works pretty well considering.

You can change various things like if it does or does not tilt with your head, a great introduction to the ability and the Tobii would just make that control even more efficient and effective.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Seconded. Track IR 5 was brilliant when it came out (and Track IR was really the only option), but having to wear a hat and the funny reflector attachment was slightly uncomfortable for long gaming sessions. Worth it when there was no alternative. (BTW the main transmitter/receiver unit you put on top of your monitor gets HOT!!!).

For a short while I thought FOIP for head tracking was brilliant - I had a webcam on my gaming rig anyway because I use the same monitor for my work computer. Just have to switch the USB lead from one computer to the other. It works surprisingly well, if you already have one. Not sure I'd spend the money on this if you don't have one already, unless you can justify buying a webcam for other reasons.

Tobii, however, works MUCH better than either of those do. It's just awesome. I'd 100% vote Tobii if you can afford one. There are sometimes sales with ~15% off, though I don't see one at the moment.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I'm one of those crazies who has all three.

Track IR, FOIP, and Tobii. The FOIP is via a Logitech Brio webcam.

FOIP is the least precise, Track IR the best, and Tobii a nice compromise between the three.

I generally stick with Tobii because it's much easier to use. I can't wear the Track IR hat attachment for more than an hour without getting restless.

Your mileage may vary of course!

Lethal1961

Commander
Donor
Feb 27, 2022
RSI Handle
lethal1961
I'm one of those crazies who has all three.

Track IR, FOIP, and Tobii. The FOIP is via a Logitech Brio webcam.

FOIP is the least precise, Track IR the best, and Tobii a nice compromise between the three.

I generally stick with Tobii because it's much easier to use. I can't wear the Track IR hat attachment for more than an hour without getting restless.

Your mileage may vary of course!
Ok well looks like Tobii has the win after looking at both Tobii would probably be a better fit for me also I got 38.85 off the listed price so that's a plus thanks guys for helping out as all this is new to me .

Forgot your password?