FLIGHT LEADERS WANTED

[Q]

Rear Admiral
Dec 26, 2016
RSI Handle
LiberalTears
I'll be joining you as soon as I get my new rig up and running... so hopefully by the end of the year (I've seriously bern procrastinating)

Reactions: Sportsvee

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Here I attach the BREVITY CODE words (SHORT VERSION FOR T1 trainees), please read it, we will comment it in todays meeting.
Nice start and similar to what we use in TacForm (Tactical Formation), BFM (Basic Fighter Maneuvers) and ACM (Air Combat Manuevering).

I'll write up a couple potential additions specifically related to formation operation and commands. E.g., Shackle Turns, In-Place Turns, 'In', 'Off', 'Defensive', 'Free', ops check concepts, etc.

Previous experience with FSX and formation flying is that network performance can really make it tough (ping speed, etc.) for really close formation but I haven't noticed the same kind of choppy render issues that drove that, biggest issue with SC so far is frame rate but we will just have to see how it goes.

Also thinking we will, eventually, need to have a mechanism for sharing target data so everyone either focuses on a single target, or individual targets, etc., done now based on target names but can end up plugging up comms channels if everyone is calling targets - also lack of a uniform attitude and heading reference will be a challenge at least initially to help communicate between pilots (things we take for granted flying on Earth with a constant horizon reference and a shared definition of north, south, etc.

I have a private video of BFM/ACM flying from a clinic I flew in last year that I will see if I can post up privately on FB or maybe Dropbox for participants as it gives a good example of how current/former fighter pilots do it.

'Gimp

IcaroSP

Space Marshal
Officer
Jan 10, 2017
RSI Handle
IcaroSP
Which kind of fighters should we load up (preferably)
We are going to start with Light - Medium fighter, preferable Hornet or SHornet, but anything falling in that category is welcome, if someone only has a Heavy Fighter we will manage.

IcaroSP

Space Marshal
Officer
Jan 10, 2017
RSI Handle
IcaroSP
I'll be joining you as soon as I get my new rig up and running... so hopefully by the end of the year (I've seriously bern procrastinating)
We will be there for you as soon as your hardware is ready, thanks for the interest

Forgot your password?