Flight-sticko Problemo

Spacer-Steve

Captain
Apr 19, 2018
RSI Handle
Caspari
UPDATE: So here's where I'm at. I've got an open support ticket with Virpil and they asked me to check all my connections. Everything looked okay and I replied with pics because my Geek is weak in this area. I haven't heard back from them since Wednesday (which is cool, I get it) so I started looking a bit closer...

screenshot.png

This is the connector from USB plug to the PCB. I'm not sure what the white wire does or if this is even unusual so I figure another set of eyes or two couldn't hurt. I also have no idea how to properly fix this (if it even needs fixing) and don't want to fiddle with it too much, possibly making it worse or voiding my warranty.

Any ideas?

Thanks! 😎

EDIT: Ugh. Digging through the interwebs, it seems that the white wire for this kind of setup is usually one of the "data" wires. I'm guessing here, but wouldn't that pass all the data and not just the axis that's giving me problems?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deroth

Spacer-Steve

Captain
Apr 19, 2018
RSI Handle
Caspari
UPDATE: Virpil says the exposed wire isn't the problem, but that they're sending me a replacement anyways. They're also sending me a new Y-axis board that I have no idea how to replace. The adventure continues...

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
ok, I was looking at them for a left handed stick. Starting to be concerned, let us know how it pans out.

Reactions: Deroth

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
UPDATE: Virpil says the exposed wire isn't the problem, but that they're sending me a replacement anyways. They're also sending me a new Y-axis board that I have no idea how to replace. The adventure continues...
I'm glad it sounds like they are taking care of the problem...although that means there will be one less stick for sale now...

Forgot your password?