Flu season 2019 is awesome!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hell, I'm a fucking ninja giving shots. People don't even realize I've given them one most of the time. The trick is to go quickly while distracting the patient. Nurses that fucking dawdle giving shots need to stop that shit.
Well Loic definitly got distracted by the nurse so i presume this is something that work... in some way or another...

As a Hungarian I'm required by law to tell you to Drink Palinka! That will cure you in a jiffy!

But actually it won't. It will make you nauseous and you will feel worse than ever. In the best case you will pass out after a very short power trip, worst case you will throw up for an hour, and you will feel like you had 16 double espressos so you won't be able to rest for hours, and you will beg for someone to just end it all, preferably with a very heavy blunt object.
That's why you Hungarians are thought people... it fell like a Saprtan seleciton: the survival of the fittest...

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
@Montoya should rename this "Oldfarts Thread"

discussing our medical issues in loving detail is oldfarts' favorite thing to do

I koalafy, do you?

or do you have a life?

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Its not a oldfarts medical thread until one person chimes in about how their joints predict the weather.
I used to be an adventurer like you..until I had an operation on my knee. 25+ years ago, any time wet cold is coming, it hurts. There's still a spot beside the cut where I cant feel anything lol.
Am I qualified now to be in the TestFart division?
Also, with all the ol'farts around here, that 890 jump of yours won't be a party boat, rather an old people's resort lol

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Feel better! I'm in the same boat, I have some kind of hyperactive immune system that zaps bugs fast, practically never get sick, and have only (maybe) had the flu keep me down for more than a few hours twice in the last 30 some years. So I never get a shot either. But the one year I did get a strain I couldn't fight, whoah. Hang in there! Keep up with the Advil!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Back to 99% levels now.

This was almost a two week ordeal from start to finish, amazing!
I'm glad you're feeling better! While your kids are in school, you're going to be exposed to a lot more than just the flu. It's nasty out there, but what can you do? And kids require contact with the adults, so whatever they were exposed to in the playground or class, gets hugged into Mom and Dad later. Great.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This is good rule to live by... but this is benign and also happened at a dentist office so I'll use that. I had a root canal, and went through the recovery... my wife came to pick me up. I remember asking her to take me to Frys (computer hardware store), then I fell asleep. She had to stop at the grocery store and pick up my meds and left me in the car because I was asleep. While she was gone (5 minutes) I woke up and went for a walk in the forest. Parking lot. Forest. I still don't know but there is no forest near our grocery store.
Jesus. I experienced those kinda days back in the 90's...
For reasons.
My first wife was a hot nurse.

I traded her in for my second wife who while just as hot, wasnt a complete nutcase.
Haha, my first was also a nutcase. Happily divorced. Got the practice marriage outta the way, haha.
She can also play the electric guitar and piano, and is not adverse to dressing up like she is in My Chemical Romance and dancing round the spare room playing away like she is on stage in front of sixty thousand people.
Damn. That's awesome. Mine plays rugby and hockey. My kind, tender, loving wife becomes this terrifying force of nature that people cower from.

It's fucking hot.
Hell, I'm a fucking ninja giving shots. People don't even realize I've given them one most of the time. The trick is to go quickly while distracting the patient. Nurses that fucking dawdle giving shots need to stop that shit.
So you're saying you're really good at poking people without them noticing? I dunno whether that's terrifying or sad. 😉
Seriously though, good on ya for the needle work. That's a good skill to have.
Its not a oldfarts medical thread until one person chimes in about how their joints predict the weather.
Think that's been covered succinctly now.
Back to 99% levels now.

This was almost a two week ordeal from start to finish, amazing!
Glad to hear it Boss. Take care of yourself and you family. And have a Merry Christmas!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
HOW DID YOU GIVE ME YOUR LURGY FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET?

The worst part about being sick is your pre-school aged kids don’t suddenly become responsible adults.
Amen to that. I'm rocking a nasty cold myself. Just in time to head back overseas. Yeehaw.

Little guy is wild though. Just wants to play play play. Hahaha

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yep and that energy as tiring as it is, is still contagious and a blast to join in on.

I'm just thankful that when they get sick its typically over in a day or two and then they just bounce back to being hyper.
Amen to that! The little one and I have been playing non-stop since I got home for this visit.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Make memories, take pictures and keep them safe. It's all over far too soon, and before you know it you'll hear "Dad, can I borrow your car? I have a date..."
I pray to God it doesn't go any faster. It's already going far too fast for my liking. I'm enjoying every minute. Live in the present my friend.

Forgot your password?