Flying the Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Okay so this really does seem like my combat style--here is a sneaky bastard hiding in an asteroid field, popping his EMP and eliminating helpless pirate scum. I could do this for hours. Is this still how the game plays? Does the EMP work to this radius? Will it knock any ship out at that range?

The Pyros seem to take forever to take down a Connie. Is that because even though they fly through shields, the Connie has so much hull? Someone tell me more about this play style.

View: https://youtu.be/91fCtC4WPMc

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So if you pulse a pirate Connie as we see here, and your friend flies in quickly with half dozen Marines, and they blow the bridge screen with a boarding charge, you can take the ship and call it yours?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
That was 3.0. It was very hard to do any damage to NPCs, unless they are dead in the water, but they also couldn't hurt you a lot. Now it is easier to hit NPCs, but you also can be hit easier. Those pirates were pussies.
He still had his Comstab on, but still he blacked out? Comstab is the first thing to turn off. It consumes too much fuel and doesn't contribute to speed or agility. Next step is turn off gsafe and control your ship without blacking out. I still fly with gsafe on.
If you have such a powerful weapon like the EMP, keep it blasting!!!! EMP blast fired, charge it up immediately. Don't give your target a chance to power up again.
The Connie has a little bit more armor and better shields then the Cutlass. The EMP radius of the Raven is less then the EMP blast of the Warlock. It also is less powerful.
I wonder what a EMP blast would do to the power of suits of a boarding party.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If you have such a powerful weapon like the EMP, keep it blasting!!!! I wonder what a EMP blast would do to the power of suits of a boarding party.
That's what I thought. I wonder if it is a power management issue that he can't fire the Pyros while recharging the EMP, or is it the EMP broadcasts position and ruins the stealth of the Raven. Or both.

I can see there could be reasons to pulse less, but unfortunately, the pilot is not telling us what he is doing and why. What I'd really like to see is this narrated by someone like BoredGamer, and accompanied with a boarding attempt by a party on an Avenger, Cutty, etc.

I was surprised the pulse doesn't kill the target's shields. Looks to have killed all the turrets and obviously the engines.

is there no one here boarding ships in game yet?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
That's what I thought. I wonder if it is a power management issue that he can't fire the Pyros while recharging the EMP, or is it the EMP broadcasts position and ruins the stealth of the Raven. Or both.
Neither, you can keep firing while charging and blasting. It could be a power issue, or cooler issue, but that isn't implemented yet, so I guess it is a user fault.
The smaller ships don't need more blasts. At point blank the Pyros kill them fast enough. The bigger ships could use some extra blasts, but really, how much shots were fired back, not a lot. There was no necessity to kill them as fast as possible, enough room for error.

I was surprised the pulse doesn't kill the target's shields.
The Warlocks EMP were OP. They could completely disable a ship with one blast. The Raven EMP are less powerful, but it charges like hell. A few bursts do wonders.

Looks to have killed all the turrets and obviously the engines.
Turrets and guns didn't work a lot in 3.0. Some NPC ships even fired back sometimes. Things got better in 3.1.4. You can get hurt.

is there no one here boarding ships in game yet?
Some guys do, but not during combat. Some ships like the Starfarer can be entered through airlocks, even when not opened. The boarding action like breaching a ship isn't implemented yet.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Warlocks EMP were OP. They could completely disable a ship with one blast. The Raven EMP are less powerful, but it charges like hell. A few bursts do wonders.
See that is frustrating to me. The official explanation is that EMP, spike missiles and distortion cannons all disable the computer, and when that goes down, so do the subsystems, which always include the engines. But if the Raven and Warlock act differently, then that explanation is incorrect and misleading, and really does affect any decision for a Raven.

Is there a modular kit to change the Titan into a Warlock, into a Stalker? I've been thinking of getting my BabyDoll a Titan. (You will see hereabouts sometime soon.)

Okay so new diagnostic question. If you land a ship like a Raven on a ship like a Conny, StarG or Reclaimer, does it lock in place or will it fall away when the larger ship accelerates? Has anyone ever landed a small ship on a larger one?

Reactions: marctek
Forgot your password?