For all you cargo haulers or wanna be cargo haulers

Knusum

Captain
Dec 1, 2019
RSI Handle
Knusum123
I run diamonds from Tram & Myers Mining on Cellin to Grim Hex in my Starfarer.
They wont give you a landing permit, but you can fit on the largest pad and they wont fine you, and i havent have them store my ship yet even though they threaten to do it over comms.

There isn't an atmo to speak of on Cellin so it is a very quick run with good profit.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
They wont give you a landing permit, but you can fit on the largest pad and they wont fine you, and i havent have them store my ship yet even though they threaten to do it over comms.

There isn't an atmo to speak of on Cellin so it is a very quick run with good profit.
And you're able to fill you StarFarer with diamonds?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

All of the bases on moons have broken pads right now, just ignore them this patch. Maybe next patch it'll be important to request landing. Right now you can just land anyway. It won't give you any landing direction, and you don't even have to be particularly on the pad, as long as you're somewhere in the vicinity of the trade outpost. No risk right now of so much as a parking ticket doing that - but I suspect that will change soon enough.

Knusum

Captain
Dec 1, 2019
RSI Handle
Knusum123
And you're able to fill you StarFarer with diamonds?
Yep, there is basically an endless supply of diamonds there, and you can put down right in front of the entrance if you are carefull.

All of the bases on moons have broken pads right now, just ignore them this patch. Maybe next patch it'll be important to request landing. Right now you can just land anyway. It won't give you any landing direction, and you don't even have to be particularly on the pad, as long as you're somewhere in the vicinity of the trade outpost. No risk right now of so much as a parking ticket doing that - but I suspect that will change soon enough.
Its Gim Hex that wont give me a landing permit, Tram & Myers doesnt have a pad at all.
I think the pad is technically too small for a Starfarer, but "if it fits i sits" :) They assign me the same pad if i ask for landing permit in a Connie or Vanguard. But since it is a lawless base, they dont have a ticketing system for people who squeeze in big ships. Thats my headcanon anyways :P

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Its Gim Hex that wont give me a landing permit, Tram & Myers doesnt have a pad at all.
I think the pad is technically too small for a Starfarer, but "if it fits i sits" :) They assign me the same pad if i ask for landing permit in a Connie or Vanguard. But since it is a lawless base, they dont have a ticketing system for people who squeeze in big ships. Thats my headcanon anyways :P
Starfarer yeah, doesn't fit at GrimHex, but the system right now seems to allow a lot of "emergent gameplay"*, so why not?

*Euphemism for “it broke, but I figured out how to work around it”

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy

You don't need to land. Just hover over the station and run in to sell. I've sold stuff from an 890 there and other places I can't land. Mind you that's just for fun, when seriously trading I use a cat not 890 :p

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Knusum

Captain
Dec 1, 2019
RSI Handle
Knusum123
If you havent seen it already take a look at this post about supply and demand.
It is a diagram that tells you the supply and demand of all commodities for all locations pr. minute.

This is for 3.7. No idea if it will change for 3.8

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm still doing the HDMS-Woodruff to Port Olisar shipping Astatine in a StarFarer nets 45k profit or just over 3k a minute, I'm sure a Caterpillar would be even more profitable as it doesn't seem to price flux much nor have caps on the supply or demand.
Many thanks for the great tip, this beats the pants off running scrap from HUR3 as you don't have the runaround with having to ride an elevator to the office to buy.

Full load (291scu) in a starfarer cost is about two hundred thousand and fifteen/twenty, but you get back two hundred thousand and sixty from Olisar so those are good profits, as Astatine is a gas when those tanks on the back of the 'Farer come into the game thats going to be an even better pay-day, but then at that point you can probbably fly to Ita and just refine that junk from the atmosphere and make pure bank.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
i was busy the last couple of weeks

But here is my trade logger:

Here are the results:

(you might need to switch to the tab called "trade logger")

Reactions: Knusum and Vavrik

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
i was busy the last couple of weeks

But here is my trade logger:

Here are the results:

(you might need to switch to the tab called "trade logger")

I would be interested in what the round trip profit per minute of HDMS-Woodruff to Port Olisar shipping Astatine in a Catipiller. The only one that seemed to be mostly profitable was the Titanium trim from HDMS Lathan to Port Olisar.

Xious

Admiral
Dec 4, 2018
RSI Handle
Xious11
I'm still doing the HDMS-Woodruff to Port Olisar shipping Astatine in a StarFarer nets 45k profit or just over 3k a minute, I'm sure a Caterpillar would be even more profitable as it doesn't seem to price flux much nor have caps on the supply or demand.
Can confirm that the Cat nets you about 100K per trip depending on the fluctuating sell price... buy price seems pretty stable.

Xious

Admiral
Dec 4, 2018
RSI Handle
Xious11
I would be interested in what the round trip profit per minute of HDMS-Woodruff to Port Olisar shipping Astatine in a Catipiller. The only one that seemed to be mostly profitable was the Titanium trim from HDMS Lathan to Port Olisar.
IIRC, the titanium run in the Cat netted about 77 to 80K.

Reactions: Bambooza

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Once 3.8 hits PU i will restart my trading endeavor.
Everyone is invited to use the logger and share thei results :)

Reactions: Bambooza

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Don't forget to factor in the risk value too. One crash and all that cargo and money be gone.

Scrap is the least risk, 80k risk value for 28k profit per run.
Titanium is much higher, more like 700k risk value for 80k profit per run.

How much you are willing to risk is up to you! Personally after I lost it all in two crashes in a row - i'm sticking to scrap for now. Low risk, high profit.

Forgot your password?