Foundation Festival 2023

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
It looks like CIG are giving us an extended event this month:. From July 6 until July 31, there's a range of Freebie's on offer...

As part of the event there is:
  • A "Free Fly" (6th - 17th).
  • A referral bonus (STV).
1688659563660.png

• Discount starter packs with special "foundation Festival" skin included, as well as 15k UEC instead of the 1k that the normal packs contain:
1688659413507.png

• Multiple new "career" packs (include armor and relevent FPS weapons\tools).
1688716929787.png

• Some WarBond CCU's (and ships).

ShipNormal ship priceCCU ship priceSavingCheapest CCU starting optionMinimum Cost CCUMaximum CCU Discount
Freelancer$110$100$10$95 (Limited) - Reliant Mako
$90 (Permanent) - Gladius, Hull A
$5 (Limited)
$10 (Permanent)
66% (Limited)
50% (Permanent)
Cutlass Red$135$125$10$120 (Concept) - Legionnaire
$120 (Limited) - Nova
$110 (Permanent) - Centurion, Cutlass Black, F7C Hornet, Freelancer
$5 (Concept)
$5 (Limited)
$15 (Permanent)
66% (Concept)
66% (Limited)
40% (Permanent)
Prospector$155$145$10$140 (Permanent) - Ballista, F7C-R Hornet Tracker$5 (Permanent)66% (Permanent)
Vulture$175$160$15$155 (Limited) - Razor EX
$155 (Permanent) - Prospector
$5 (Limited)
$5 (Permanent
75% (Limited
75% (Permanent)
Valkyrie$375$350$25$340 (Limited) - Starfarer Gemini
$315 (Permanent) - MOLE
$10 (Limited)
$35 (Permanent)
71% (Limited)
41% (Permanent)

All Warbond CCU's come with the "career pack" (FPS weapons\Medgun\Multitool with salvage\mining\tractor beam attachment) based on the role of the ship - The ships are also available in the store at the discounted Warbond price with the same career packs.

Additionally, the "guide" system has returned with added rewards, and an incentive to participate in sessions all month.

At the end of a "tutorial" session, the recruits has to verify the guide and category(s) the session covered, with both the guide and recruit receiving skins (each player can only receive a single skin for each of the categories - 12 in total - over the length of the event) that the recruit indicates they were "guided" on:
Basics: Drake Cutlass Black
Vehicle Combat: Aegis Gladius
FPS Combat: Anvil Valkyrie
Mining: MISC Prospector
Missions: MISC Freelancer
Trading: Drake Caterpillar
Touring: Origin 600i Touring
Miscellaneous: Crusader Mercury Star Runner
Refueling: MISC Starfarer
Medical: Drake Cutlass Red
Salvage: Drake Vulture
Racing: MISC Razor
Note: The 2 cutlass skins were for the Cutlass family of ships last year, not locked to the "black" or "red" model of the ship - There's no reason to expect that to have changed.
Note 2: Last year, the "refuelling" reward was a skin for the Arrow, not the Starfarer that is listed for this year's event - Additionally, "refuelling" doesn't specify that it refers to "in-flight" refuelling, so explaining how to refuel on the pad would seem to be a legitimate "lesson" there.

For guides, there are 3 "free" head-wear items:
One successful guide session (at least 30 minutes and a verified Endorsement*) - Black Foundation Festival in-game beanie
Two successful guide sessions -Turquoise Foundation Festival in-game beanie
Three successful guide sessions - Foundation Festival in-game cap
For the "Recruits", the offerings are likely to be of more use:
One successful guide session (at least 30 minutes and a verified Endorsement*) – Gemini LH86 pistol
Two successful guide sessions – P4-AR Rifle
Three successful guide sessions – Multi-tool set (pyro PYT w/Orebit Mining Attachment, w/Cambio-Lite SRT Attachment, Cambio-Lite SRT Attachment can, TruHold Tractor Beam Attachment)
And, in order to encourage (bribe?) people to participate in this all month, the following is also on offer:
For every weekend during Foundation Festival (July 7- 10, July 14-17, July 21-24, and July 28-31), we'll additionally reward one unique Armor and Weapon set to both the Guide AND the Recruit completing at least three successful sessions each weekend. A total of four unique sets are available as a reward.

Weekend 1 (4pm UTC July 7 to 4pm July 10): "Lodestone" Armor & Sniper Rifle Kit
Weekend 2 (4pm UTC July 14 to 4pm July 17): "Archangel" Armor & Sniper Rifle Kit
Weekend 3 (4pm UTC July 21 to 4pm July 24): "Canuto" Armor & Sniper Rifle Kit
Weekend 4 (4pm UTC July 28 to 4pm July 31): "Rime" Armor & Sniper Rifle Kit

And if you complete at least one successful session each weekend for all four weekends, you will receive the "Wildwood" Armor & Sniper Rifle kit, so make sure to collect all five Armor and Sniper Rifle Kits!
1688635133066.png

Left to right: Week 2, Week 1, "All weeks participated", Week 3, Week 4.

Information taken from https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/foundation-festival-2023-reap-the-rewards

It's a shame the event doesn't have an option for those who want to learn, but have social\health\other "issues" which make guide\recruit sessions difficult\impossible for them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
It's a shame the event doesn't have an option for those who want to learn, but have social\health\other "issues" which make guide\recruit sessions difficult\impossible for them.
Like not being able to use your mike because IF you got time to play because your special someone is sleeping in the bed 6 feet away from your computer?
Wait...!
Maybe I should just recruite my grlfriend?
Hmmm...
But apart from that, thanks for the infos,
If nothing else at least the not unlikely increase of 30Ks in the next weeks will not catch me unprepared. :o7:

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Last year I looked for TEST members to help teach me the ropes with a lot of success.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
The event must be working to get people playing. The login queue is 52 minutes right now.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Like not being able to use your mike because IF you got time to play because your special someone is sleeping in the bed 6 feet away from your computer?
Wait...!
Maybe I should just recruite my grlfriend?
Hmmm...
But apart from that, thanks for the infos,
If nothing else at least the not unlikely increase of 30Ks in the next weeks will not catch me unprepared. :o7:
Well, there's a "free" STV for each of you if you go down that route...

• Love
Reactions: Mudhawk

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
shoot lol can someone get me a referral point?
You can always refer yourself through a new account, then "gift" whatever you spent the $40+ on back to your main account 30 days later...

I had been considering offering referral points for $20US or so each... Maybe I should start doing that?

Reactions: Doyzer

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
On the website, Spectrum, register for the guide system. BUT, in all honesty, just ask here/in Test Discord, and you'll be much better off. . .
As difficult as it is for me to do this, I've been trying to grab guides from Test (both to help out others in the Org, and because talking in discord is easier than typing messages on that guide chat screen)... 1 of the 2 attempts worked, the other the guide, while "in game" didn't accept.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Had an account for years but never got out of a hanger, how do you request a guise? Is it in game or our?
To get a guide, there's a button inside the game in the lower right on the screen where you select "PU"\Star Marine\Arena Commander. This opens a window in your default browser where you can select what you want to learn and then choose a guide from up to 100 provided to request help from.

The page it leads to is:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/guide

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Do you actually have to join them in game? I don’t remember from last time.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Do you actually have to join them in game? I don’t remember from last time.
The questionaire for both the surveys I have had as the victim trainee start by asking whether you played with them (yes\no), followed by asking which areas were covered if you answered "yes"... I don't want to experiment with the "no" option in case it results in me having to do an additional session for the weekend. There doesn't seem to be any automatic detection method in place at that point, although it is possible they have something they could use to weed out those they think are "gaming the system" because they weren't in the same server\"playing together".

Reactions: Mudhawk

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
So do I get that right?
You take a Jedi and a Padawan.
Fill out the forms.
Be done with it.
Then maybe the Padawan goes: "Now I am the master!"
And then you do the same thing again, only backwards?
Win/Win?

Reactions: Doyzer

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
Rewards are deploying now in waves. Will take time. I got a paint between refreshes

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Rewards are deploying now in waves. Will take time. I got a paint between refreshes
I've received the weekend "Lodestone" reward and multi-tool (3 victim trainee sessions), but no paints or guns for the first and second session.

M4cex

Captain
Dec 10, 2022
RSI Handle
M4cex
I remember that the paints took some time to appear last year especially with the ones who got guided

Forgot your password?