Free insurance upgrade on my F8C lightning?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I had the 6 month insurance version on the Lightning and I melted it to play around with credits during IAE. I just got it back out of buybacks and it now says 120 month. :like::o7::glorious:
Congrats! I'd heard that if you contacted CIG during the IAE about it, that they were willing to upgrade the insurance on that for that reason during this IAE.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Yep, same here, though I DID melt with the intention of re-buying during IAE and submitted a ticket about it, but I think they just had too many requests to handle individually and ended up 'updating' every melted version to the IAE version. Here's the wording from their reply to my ticket that makes me guess it applies to everything:
"If you reclaimed the pledge in preparation for the IAE version, buying it back from your Buy-Back Queue should now add the correct insurance. It may show both 6 and 120 month insurance on the pledge temporarily, but the lesser insurance will be removed in the future."

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Well, my Lightning now has a 6 month AND a 120 month insurance according to my hangar. Seems CIG got tired of the per case insurance increase requests they had during IAE. Guess they just flipped a switch and now every F8c Lightning is 120 months.
I sure was too lazy to bugger them and still got 10 years for my lack of troubles.
Would be nice if it always worked like that... :-)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well, my Lightning now has a 6 month AND a 120 month insurance according to my hangar. Seems CIG got tired of the per case insurance increase requests they had during IAE. Guess they just flipped a switch and now every F8c Lightning is 120 months.
I sure was too lazy to bugger them and still got 10 years for my lack of troubles.
Would be nice if it always worked like that... :-)
Here's hoping that they'll eventually upgrade all of the Ravens & Omegas to LTI as they should've from the start. I highly doubt that AMD & INTEL will mind their customers receiving a free upgrade for them.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Here's hoping that they'll eventually upgrade all of the Ravens & Omegas to LTI as they should've from the start. I highly doubt that AMD & INTEL will mind their customers receiving a free upgrade for them.
Not so sure AMD or Intel will care very much about that, so long after those promotions ended, but I expect CIG will eventually improve the insurance for the Raven and Omega all the same, when insurance becomes a thing. Hardly a priority for now, though.

From what CIG devs have said offhand in the past, they didn’t really originally expect players to obsess over insurance periods the way we do.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I sent a message after the Community Manager put out a call to do so on Spectrum, they kindly applied the upgrade... the issue was once you had an F8c you could only have one, and even if in buy-back you couldn't get an different one with longer insurance. IAE rolled round and they put the F8 up for grabs for anyone who'd got the ticket but missed the original sale, and it had the 10yr not the 6month. Apparently the intention was to let us melt and upgrade our credit F8's but the above one-per-account clause stopped that from being a reality.

The call went up on Spectrum to please send a ticket to get the upgrade applied and that's that :-)

Forgot your password?