Freelancer DUR now fitting in Hangar

Fossiebear

Commander
Oct 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Fossiebaer
I upgraded a P-52 to a Freelancer DUR lately. The package contained, besides the hangar ready ship an Aeroview hangar. But the 'Hangar ready' Freelancer DUR does not show up in Aeroview hangar, because it is size 4, while the regular Freelancer is size 3. In a Revel&York hangar with size 4 spots, the DUR shows up.

A question to the people which have already experience with CIG's ship development: Will there be a Revel & York Hangar in the flight ready version or will the DUR be size 3?

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
What's all this heresy about non-Aurora ships? Fly, or crash, your Auroras and be happy. Back when I was a kid, we didn't even have Auroras, we just had to hold our breath and jump really hard to travel to other places in the verse. You young uns with all your high end, fancy, gobbledygook, super ships, hmpf!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yeah! me too.... So hope to see the MIS in action sooon:tm:
Silly question on the MIS. I know it isn't in game or in the same state as the base Freelancer, but as an idea, is the missile loading station in the cargo strip or in the passage strip on the Starboard side of the cargo bay?

I am trying to get a feel if it would block the use of the rear cargo area to carry a pair of bikes.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Silly question on the MIS. I know it isn't in game or in the same state as the base Freelancer, but as an idea, is the missile loading station in the cargo strip or in the passage strip on the Starboard side of the cargo bay?

I am trying to get a feel if it would block the use of the rear cargo area to carry a pair of bikes.
Loading ramps are in middle of rear cargo hull... ;)

But then it is old construct.. so it most likely will change a lot in finished version...

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Loading ramps are in middle of rear cargo hull... ;)

But then it is old construct.. so it most likely will change a lot in finished version...

I figured it would change to make it closer to the base freelancer. With that positioning though it looks like one bike will be the limit, if it fits at all. (Comparing the original base to the current base.) I didn't really want the expense of all those missiles anyway. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Mich Angel

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
it's in two sections in the cargo hold that can carry twenty missiles each

you can install one or both

not sure about physical arrangement, but both units have to feed both sides of the ship

so you can carry twelve S2s (no pod), thirty-two S2s (one pod), or fifty-two S2s (both pods)

plus your six S3s (not reloadable in flight)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I figured it would change to make it closer to the base freelancer. With that positioning though it looks like one bike will be the limit, if it fits at all. (Comparing the original base to the current base.) I didn't really want the expense of all those missiles anyway. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help.
Oh! I bet you can fit a lot more than one bike there I can drive in two buggy in that current space of the MIS and if they change it to be more like standard Freelancer is now 3 buggies fit easy and some space over...

I for one is very curious how it will change and I have always been some what puzzled why Freelancer is not just wider over all seem to make no sense to make it so cramped as it is suppose to be a cargo huller, for the use of internal space in it is extremely poorly used IMO.

I always loved the external look of the Freelancer but never liked the internal configuration it never made any sense to me, it look like it is made by a house architect not a RV architect, for that the internal space is so badly used if you compare it to a Mustang Beta as a example that have it all in a perfect internal design as it was made by a RV architect and in my opinion who ever made the Mustang Beta internal design should design the interior in Freelancer too.

But as it is now I'll wait to see where they take the Freelancer and if they fail as they have with it so far, it'll be one ship I won't keep...

So I for one is keeping hope up for Freelancer is one of my top 5 ship I like for their external look :smile:

:beers:

Forgot your password?