Friday Feb 24th - The Hurricane - $175

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have a Vanguard, a Sabre, a Super Hornet, and a Cutlass. I think that the Buccaneer is the perfect ship to fill that lower area where my Avenger used to sit. I just don't know if I'll be able to handle anything faster than the Sabre. I can't even push the limits of the Sabre, ha. But if it's a fun ship, I'll keep it. Otherwise, I'll just get another Super Hornet :smile:

I just want to keep my other hobbies in mind ... like IRS. I happen to like mixed gimbal and fixed setups, so the Buccaneer does well there too :P

I guess the real question is, which ships require you to be sober? Stay away from those. Pick ships that let you pilot with a beer on 1 hand.
Haha, oh dear. A beer in one hand? I fly dual joystick...

Yeah, as for the second fighter, that'll be a decision that takes me a while. I'll be keeping the vanguard and BUKs: too versatile a ship to not have.

As for the rest, my Cutty Blue, Terrapin (potentially a Redeemer), Pillar and Carrack fill out the rest of my fleet. I want to keep it small, with room to grow in game. I also like it versatile. All I really need I'd a small salvage ship and I'll be happy.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Your ships seem sound to me blind owl, wish I had done the same, the only way to get less ships for me is to get bigger ones then you do not even know if you can fly them. I would like a salvage option but that will be from existing resources, only ship I actually regret buying is the polaris mind just to many crew requirements.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Your ships seem sound to me blind owl, wish I had done the same, the only way to get less ships for me is to get bigger ones then you do not even know if you can fly them. I would like a salvage option but that will be from existing resources, only ship I actually regret buying is the polaris mind just to many crew requirements.
Thanks man. It was agonizing trying to downsize, but I managed. Still wish I had less ships, but it's a little late for that, haha.

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
You know everyone's saying the super hornet is going to die and their going to melt them, but the hornet is meant to be a flying tank, while the hurricane looks like by its description just a damage dealer not to soak up damage. I think that's a good enough balance change for the two fighters, but please prove me wrong! :)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .but the hornet is meant to be a flying tank. . .
Yup. And tanks are most often the ones who survive. It really depends upon your flying style, and what the consequences of death are. In the PU, people are going to choose tanks who would otherwise prefer a glass cannon, just because the PU will punish us when we die whereas most of the rest of the game will not.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I'm curious about the revenue CIG will make by this fighter concept sale. The earnings in December and January were very poor, compared to the years before. There sure are voice like "want to have", "must have" etc. But the "Star Cititzen fever" seems to heal, and the mood of the community is slowly altering from "excitement" to "expecting". So, if this concept sale fails, I wonder how CIG will react; what will Chris do? Lay his perfectionism aside and for once working goal orientied..?
They *have* to deliver 3.0 very short-termed, no matter what, otherwise I'm afraid, that this project could end in a great crash. And lots of laughing lawyers.
Just a thought, but I feel like the "Gotta have" for me subsided once I hit the "OMG, I've spent more than a cumulative $1000 on pixels". This being said, is it possible that, with a finite number of gamers in the world, the percentage of those that are willing to back the game have done so already, and to a point that common sense has started to kick in? Sure, you get new pledges here and there, but how many can that actually be? How many are willing to commit more than $80 on an unfinished product? I kind of feel like CIG has reached a point where their funding will start to dry up, not because people lack faith in their ability to produce, but because there are simply no more people willing/able to throw money at them.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
The backers of the first one, two years are already done, some of them are beginning to fight for a refund. because they lost their faith after five, six years of waiting. The backers of the "2nd wave", such as me, are also done with spending, perhaps having spent even more because of the significantly risen prices. The backers which are now going into Star Citizen I would call the "curious ones": coming in now because they have something heard about 3.0 and planetary landings. But they most probably won't spend anything almost near the 1k concierge line. Other potential interested people are waiting for the release of SQ42 or even SC itself. So yeah, I'm with you: CIG has gone over the zenith of incomes by pledges, and this is what I'm trying to say: I *hope*, really hope, that they are getting aware of this "drying funds process" and thus *not* are rising their prices anymore but more looking to their development process, focussing on whats real necessary to do - which is *NOT* the automated creation process of leather jackets, goddamnit!!

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
My sub is up this month and I cannot see me taking out another sub, just because I have spent to much already there is no conceivable way this game will be worth $3000 dollars I have spent. I have put so much in because I bought into the hope it is not hard to see why people doubt you do not have to look far. The money I have spent is like gambling I can afford to loose it and its gone I have yet to see if I will get the buzz from the gambling that has been promised.

I still hope this game will live up to some of the hype but the way the team play with "its nearly done" just before a funding push annual sale and then to see that it was just spin means my wallet is well shut.

People are quite hyped about this weeks ATV on reddit but sadly it is again showing the one thing this game has always shown which is it looks good, what is needed is fun gameplay.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It reminds me of Eleite Dangerous. It's a great looking game, but really isn't that much fun- unless you're into the grind- which I'm not.
I'm not into the grind either. I put 1000 hours into Elite Dangeous. Still not sure why? If I'd earned $10 per hour instead..... :|

Forgot your password?