Friday Feb 24th - The Hurricane - $175

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Well I got it... I think I'll like it since I fly a Gladius most of the time, and that has a similar principle of "don't get shot I'm fragile". I just wish I had stuff I would be willing to melt down, maybe the Redeemer? But to late now!

- Decided to melt the normal Redeemer to turn the Wild Fire into an LTI one. Leaves me some credits to use later and takes away a redundant ship. Profit I guess? Now if only I could make my old S42/SC package LTI... I made it into a Gladiator at the very least.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Its not mentioned on the Hurricane Sale Page...?
It isn't available anymore, it was available at the Polaris concept sale, you missed the point, the Carrier Air Wing was just like the explorer mega package a "save money - buy game package" deal, one Retaliator Bomber for free.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
If this really will become true, that the Hurricane will fit onto the Carrack, my SuperHornet has to die. Poor faithful thing :disappointed_relieved:
Why not have both, the Super Hornet is a tank, the Hurricane is a glass cannon, they complement each other. Use the Super Hornet when you must face heavy resistance, use the Hurricane when you have to punch very hard.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Hurricane is 22m

The Hornet is 22.5m

The Super Hornet is 24m

The Hurricane is the smallest heavy fighter ever! It's smaller than the Hornet.
Just as importantly as the length, the Hurricane is 2/3 the width and 2/3 the mass of the Hornet. It uses TR1 maneuver instead of the Hornet's TR2, and TR2 main engines instead of the Hornet's TR4. It may be as nimble but will not be as quick. What it will probably be is even more stealthy than the Ghost. And we don't know if they intend to add equipment slots to all the ships, but this one has 4 slots. Right now that is 3 slots more than the Tracker. This is a softer, slower Hornet, that can carry unusual equipment. It is not the heavy gunboat people were planning on.

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
So are we positive the turret can be slaved? If not I don't see this ship being all that useful unless its fast as hell to avoid being hit.

Its like a Buc, but not... brain not working.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
It's a manned turret so won't be able to be slaved.

Now if they do a flashfire mount for it to make a S4 fixed weapon mount..... (I guess it's a S5 turret mount as it has 4 S3guns)

Forgot your password?