From the official White House youtube channel

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Why are you so inconsistent...
I think my message has been pretty consistent. Stop doing nothing - thats the long and the short of it.

As for inconsistency, when one entrenches themselves in a particular view or mindset they may fail to progress. An open mind seeking to solve issues could be seen as inconsistent to some. Plus it's harder to hit a moving target, especially with an artillery shell or mortar - this is the art of the Forum Flame Warrior. I've 20 years experience, nice to meet you.

What did you think about my Arming Teachers plan, by the way?

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
As for inconsistency, when one entrenches themselves in a particular view or mindset they may fail to progress. An open mind seeking to solve issues could be seen as inconsistent to some. Plus it's harder to hit a moving target, especially with an artillery shell or mortar - this is the art of the Forum Flame Warrior. I've 20 years experience, nice to meet you.
uh hah... great cover by the way. You know that Montoya is going to put us on the same op so we can argue all the way to the destination, right?

Realistic vs hypothetical are two different words with two different meaning. If you can save the US from the UK go for it. But it is always fun. you may change the minds the around the world but you can deny that Americans love their constitution but hate their politicians.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
you can deny that Americans love their constitution but hate their politicians.
I hear that, same could be said for most countries I don't doubt.

If you can save the US from the UK go for it
I'll try. The only thing I can do, realistically, is not stop talking. I just hope everyone else keeps talking too :slight_smile: it's all good fun :slight_smile:

Agent_Mothman

Space Marshal
Aug 8, 2014
RSI Handle
CubCadet1972
Ugh... why is this still a topic of discussion? American arrogance is astounding... I am embarrassed. We act like the rest of the world doesn't play the SAME EXACT GAMES without our problems. Fun fact: America's Army was paid for with American tax payer dollars out of the Army's "recruitment" budget.... It was literally made to recruit and train soldiers and our President sits and scolds the gaming industry. Just embarrassing.

It's just a way to deflect heat away from the gun control and mental health issues.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
It's just a way to deflect heat away from the gun control and mental health issues.
The problem with "divisive issues" is that they divide, and then you end up pissing off either one group, the other group, or both groups.

It is much easier to come up with a sound bite that sounds like you are doing something, and then identify a group that either a) can't really defend itself, or b) doesn't have a huge voting block / political action committee that could donate against your next election campaign.

Video games are the ideal target...they look like they have something to do with the problem, but in actuality, all this talking is just a lot of smoke to provide cover so the politicians don't have to do something hard (like re-evaluate gun laws) or allocate money to something (like mental health treatment) that they would rather spend on something else.

Honestly...I was all for gun control in the 1990's but at this point, it seems like passing gun control laws now would be closing the barn doors long after all the horses have run away.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Love it!

As it was a school shooting that prompted the presidents investigations into gun reform and now video game censorship, I went looking for a list of Criminal or Terrorist school shooters but could only find the San Bernardo incident from 2015 which while tragic does not set a precedent...

I did find this list though:

https://listverse.com/2017/11/15/10-school-shooters-on-why-they-did-it/

For all the world it appears a sizable portion of shooters in schools are unhinged angry kids who just snapped... How did these kids ever ever hold of a gun?

Quotes from the list:

His massacre, he said, was something the world deserved “just for the crime of living a better life than me.” / “If I cannot have it, [his version of a perfect world] I will do everything I can to destroy it.”

“This is what I’m thinking. I have a goal to destroy as much as possible.” [...] “Everyone should be put to a test,” he wrote, “see who can survive in an environment using only smarts and military skills.” Those who didn’t question conventional values, he felt, were “unfit for anything at all. Especially life.”

“I don’t like Mondays.” [...] she told them that shooting children was “like shooting ducks on a pond” and that she “liked to watch them squirm after they were hit.” [...] The gun she’d used had been given to her by her father, and she’d taken it as a hint. “I asked for a radio and he bought me a gun,” Spencer said. “I felt like he wanted me to kill myself.”

“What I wanted, was to get people to leave me alone.” [...] “I decided I needed to do something to stand up for myself, I chose to kill.”

“...to teach everyone a lesson about what happens when you bully others.”

“I kill because people like me are mistreated every day. I do this to show society—push us and we will push back.”

“There was a deep part of me that just exploded, I’m not normally like that.” [...] “They’d just call me an idiot, stupid, fat, ugly, whatever,” she said. “One incident was I was walking home from school and five or six kids were behind me and they started throwing stones at me . . . They were just kind of laughing and I don’t know why they were doing this but they were barking at me.” [...] “I wanted her to know my pain.”

To him, his massacre was nothing more than a trip to the other side of existence. He just wanted to make sure his friends were there with him. He murdered four people and injured one more purely because, in his words, “I didn’t want to go alone.”

“Oh the happiness I could have had mingling among you hedonists, being counted as one of you, if only you didn’t f**k the living s**t out of me.”

These are the people America could be doing something about, but isn't. Yet.

From reports I could find it seems to be the terrorist and criminal related school shootings are barley present in the statistics but the alienated/unhinged pupil/ex-pupil list seems to have a strong showing.

Now, what the above has to do about censoring computer games I don't know and would hope the same conclusions are raised in the POTUS investigations, but at least we are discussing it. :slight_smile:

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
“I don’t like Mondays.” [...] she told them that shooting children was “like shooting ducks on a pond” and that she “liked to watch them squirm after they were hit.” [...] The gun she’d used had been given to her by her father, and she’d taken it as a hint. “I asked for a radio and he bought me a gun,” Spencer said. “I felt like he wanted me to kill myself.”
The song "I don't like Mondays", by Bob Geldof of the Boomtown Rats was written about this event.

The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload
And nobody's gonna go to school today
She's going to make them stay at home
And daddy doesn't understand it
He always said she was as good as gold
And he can see no reason
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be sure

Oh, oh, oh tell me why
I don't like Mondays
Tell me why
I don't like Mondays
Tell me why
I don't like Mondays
I want to shoot
The whole day down

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Oooh, I forgot to say "Thank you, Glorious Leader!" for the video: Thanks Montoya! Great way to whio your Testies up into a Mass Debate!
Yeah, Thanks a lot boss! you really know how to kick a hornets nest, don't you.

I don't know how this came about, but there is a strong sense of anti-intellectualism or prideful ignorance going about in the world.

Well said, my friend. I'm gonna stay ignorant. And I'll kick your ass if you try to educate me!

Forgot your password?