Full Day/Night Cycle on ArcCorp at Area18

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha

I recorded a full day and night cycle at Area18 on the planet ArcCorp within the Star Citizen alpha 3.5. The total recorded footage is approximately 160 minutes long that I sped up into a single minute time-lapse.

All footage was recorded in game by me in Star Citizen Alpha 3.5 on the LIVE servers within the sandbox "Universe" or "Crusader" game mode in 4k 16:9, 3840x2160.

Check it out on Roberts Space Industry's Community Hub here

And thanks to Utho for allowing me to use this beautiful piece of music he had already created on his own. Check out more of his music here:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
today the Nattering Nabobs of Negativity are complaining, " It's taking too long to develop, they'll never finish it."

when the game goes live they will whine, "It's too immersive, it sucks you in and you'll never want to leave."

excellent work by @mr-hasgaha as expected

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Awesome video, linked it to some friends to entice em to take part in the free fly weekend!

Just got one question though: how you didn't get disconnected while doing this?
I'm currently looking for a solution to stay connected while being "inactive" as I have to step away from the pc for more then 10minutes fairly regularly, but I'm tired of having to start all over cos I get thrown off the server.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Awesome video, linked it to some friends to entice em to take part in the free fly weekend!

I'm currently looking for a solution to stay connected while being "inactive" as I have to step away from the pc for more then 10minutes fairly regularly, but I'm tired of having to start all over cos I get thrown off the server.
I don't know how to do it. But I guess you could write a script to do movement on the cursor or such on a time frame?

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
today the Nattering Nabobs of Negativity are complaining, " It's taking too long to develop, they'll never finish it."

when the game goes live they will whine, "It's too immersive, it sucks you in and you'll never want to leave."

excellent work by @mr-hasgaha as expected
Haha. Thanks Maynard

Beautiful made video, you hit it out of the ballpark again. Awesome

CHEERS!
🍻 🍻
Thank you Mich!

I totally agree @Mich Angel, totally awesome.
I'm glad you like it... this was meant as more of a test/teaser for a larger video to come ;)

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
THIS! This one of the reasons I subscribed.
Another beautiful piece of art. Well done.
And that outro. A masterpiece.
Thanks Hardrocc77! The support is much appreciated

Thank you Lorddarthvik... I hope your friends gave SC a try and had a decent time.

Like hardroc77 said, the key is (1) finding a key you can press that WON'T affect your camera or character movement and (2) find an emulator/script/macro that will trigger that key in game every ** minutes to reset the inactivity timer.

I don't know how to do it. But I guess you could write a script to do movement on the cursor or such on a time frame?

mr-hasgaha

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Hasgaha
Was thinking of doing what you described, unless there is a better way. Like push W every 5mins or something.
A lot depends on the shot. I avoid pressing W because that would move my character/ship which would then disrupt my shot. I look for keys that WON'T make my character move. Pressing the "free look" toggle (Z by default) will work sometimes. SHIFT/sprint used to work for me but I've had trouble with it NOT resetting the inactivity timer. Other people have said HOLDING the orbit camera toggle (F4 by default) works. Tapping it will cause you to jump between first and third person... but HOLDING it for a second will not.

Forgot your password?