Funding the Carrack?

PaulEPeptide

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2013
RSI Handle
PaulEPeptide
It might be worth preparing ourselves for the possibility that the idris might go on sale again during the anniversary sale. If we don't have an org idris, it might be worth setting our sights a little higher.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
It might be worth preparing ourselves for the possibility that the idris might go on sale again during the anniversary sale. If we don't have an org idris, it might be worth setting our sights a little higher.
Thats an excellent idea!

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
I will pay Canadough for a Carrack

Reactions: Walex

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
I'm interested. I'm light on ships so it would get me access to a large one.

I know that some of these larger multi crew ships are going to be amazing for streaming - 8 drunk TEST members exploring could be hilarious. I thought the Idris would make a good platform; load it with 9 TEST regulars and have a new guest Capt each week... with lots of beer of course.

Reactions: rogesh

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I think we're getting far too excited about this. with 4000 members, many of which I'm sure would be happy to contribute 5-6000 credits (probably easy money) when the PU opens we can get something the size of a constellation on release for no money out of pocket.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I think we're getting far too excited about this. with 4000 members, many of which I'm sure would be happy to contribute 5-6000 credits (probably easy money) when the PU opens we can get something the size of a constellation on release for no money out of pocket.
It's still a good idea to prepare, in case some new ship comes out right then, or we want to get duplicates.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
It's still a good idea to prepare, in case some new ship comes out right then, or we want to get duplicates.
not really. At this point we're just throwing money out the window. We've got everything we need. An exploration ship is pointless monetarily when so many will buy it anyway for themselves. It won't be much more than the constellation in game so we can just have people chip in a tiny sum and buy one anyway.

I really feel we're going a bit overboard on the org hangar. As montoya said, we'll have every ship in the game we need in 6 weeks. A carrack will be cheap enough a single motivated player could get one in a week through grinding. We could buy one in a day of derping around. It's just not something we should even consider spending real money on.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
not really. At this point we're just throwing money out the window. We've got everything we need. An exploration ship is pointless monetarily when so many will buy it anyway for themselves. It won't be much more than the constellation in game so we can just have people chip in a tiny sum and buy one anyway.

I really feel we're going a bit overboard on the org hangar. As montoya said, we'll have every ship in the game we need in 6 weeks. A carrack will be cheap enough a single motivated player could get one in a week through grinding. We could buy one in a day of derping around. It's just not something we should even consider spending real money on.
It would depend on how many people chipped in, which is why it's good to get that sorted out ahead of time.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Yes! We can strap ourselves to the outside like a literal meat shield.
that one episode of southpark just flashed in my mind :O the one where the blackpeople in the army get straped on every military vehicle as armore XD

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
It would depend on how many people chipped in, which is why it's good to get that sorted out ahead of time.
for what reason? What economic benefit does an exploration ship provide to an org? we'll probably have 20-30 carrack owners by the time it goes off sale. Exploration is also a heavily saturated sector. We have tons of ships and tons of org members who will be doing it first thing carrack or not.
Anything it does, we can do slightly worse for free but in such numbers it's irrelevant.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
well i gues for the few that do not have the money to buy one? :O

Forgot your password?