Funding the Carrack?

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
for what reason? What economic benefit does an exploration ship provide to an org? we'll probably have 20-30 carrack owners by the time it goes off sale. Exploration is also a heavily saturated sector. We have tons of ships and tons of org members who will be doing it first thing carrack or not.
Anything it does, we can do slightly worse for free but in such numbers it's irrelevant.
In terms of money, discovering new systems with new resources and habitable planets could be valuable information to sell, depending on how much demand there is for expansion.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
In terms of money, discovering new systems with new resources and habitable planets could be valuable information to sell, depending on how much demand there is for expansion.
what difference will one ship make that, again, we could very easily get by asking for org donations? It's function can be done by so many other ships anyway. If people are willing to give enough money to buy one of course they're willing to give credits.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
what difference will one ship make that, again, we could very easily get by asking for org donations? It's function can be done by so many other ships anyway. If people are willing to give enough money to buy one of course they're willing to give credits.
One ship could provide long term credit intake, whereas most members aren't going to donate on a monthly basis.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
that one episode of southpark just flashed in my mind :O the one where the blackpeople in the army get straped on every military vehicle as armore XD
It made me think of "Close Encounters of the Rick-Kind" and the Morty shield! :D

Reactions: rogesh

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
well i gues for the few that do not have the money to buy one? :O
that's a totally arbitrary benefit. It is not critical or particularly beneficial to our finances, defenses or operation as an org. Besides, I'm not debating whether to get one. I think we should! I'm debating whether we should needlessly pay real money for it when we could probably all just donate a tiny 5000 in-game earned credits and buy one on the first day anyway.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
One ship could provide long term credit intake, whereas most members aren't going to donate on a monthly basis.
monthly? We'll probably have every non-cap ship in the game in 6 weeks if the core of 100 players donated. We have 4000 members, with 1000 being main org members. On that level, they could probably donate what they make in a single cargo run a single time and we could afford a carrack.

The carrack isn't going to be much more expensive than the constellation. The constellation should take 100 hours for a single dedicated player to grind out from an aurora on up. That can be done in a week. The carrack is neither mission critical nor sufficiently expensive to warrant an early purchase, it's just too easy to get.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
that one ship doesn't provide much of a benefit, anyway. Our org hangar is already HUGE. We have a frikking 890 jump.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
that one ship doesn't provide much of a benefit, anyway. Our org hangar is already HUGE. We have a frikking 890 jump.
Exactly. How in the world is that mission critical? The only reason I'd back this is to have a couple right from the start, as I can't afford one of my own until the PU launches.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Exactly. How in the world is that mission critical? The only reason I'd back this is to have a couple right from the start, as I can't afford one of my own until the PU launches.
it isn't! but it already offers more economic profitability than a carrack! At least it carries a stupid huge amount of cargo.
The fact is the carrack does nothing we don't have other ships for. Our org hangar is supposed to be filled with ships that will give our org an edge against the others early on. Large ships contribute to that by default, but the smaller ones will just be for fun. Again, I'm not debating whether we get one. I'm debating whether we spend real money on it when we could just do what we will HAVE to do for every other large ship and pool resources.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
We will need two

One to crash into the sun

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
well isnt the carrack some kind of smal (smaler than the jump anyway) flying base? you know with repair stations and medic stuff? so wouldn't it be more independent for exploring than the jump? corect me if im wrong but isn't that what makes it special? does another ship have those?(i don't remember every ship XD) @GrammarGestapo you are right but i think if someone wants to donate to get one go ahead. Hell ill probably would trow in some money too. just not now because i got none XD

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
well isnt the carrack some kind of smal (smaler than the jump anyway) flying base? you know with repair stations and medic stuff? so wouldn't it be more independent for exploring than the jump? corect me if im wrong but isn't that what makes it special? does another ship have those?(i don't remember every ship XD) @GrammarGestapo you are right but i think if someone wants to donate to get one go ahead. Hell ill probably would trow in some money too. just not now because i got none XD
yeah, the redeemer has all those things. Minus repair. It has a repair function? That's interesting.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
It has a repair function? That's interesting.
it says so in the describtion*searching for it in the interwebs*:
"On-board accommodations include crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite."

oh yeah and the redeemer is more fit to fight than explore

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
I don't really care about anything besides this ship is SEXY AS FUCK. Pardon my french. It is gorgeous, and I want it. To me there is no reason to own a ship like this so I will easily pledge so the Org can has one. Just my twisted and mimosa-fueled thought process :)

Reactions: UPGRAY3DD

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
it says so in the describtion*searching for it in the interwebs*:
"On-board accommodations include crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite."

oh yeah and the redeemer is more fit to fight than explore
Those repair functions could give it a leg up, that'd be nice if you had some smaller ships along with you.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
btw where are those pics? I can't finde none on the shipstat side of rsi.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I don't know where you guys get all these advance pics, but I'd sure like to learn.
maybe some concierge stuff? :O i realy hope not. i wan't to see them 2 XD

Forgot your password?