RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Last edited:

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
Hopefully this is sensationalist nonsense, but if true it will seriously impact our planned style of play. The following article and associated Youtube video should only be read/viewed by those of stern constitution.

...or those fortified by beer. Lots and lots of beer.

damm it, but wait, we have quantum drive, so if we set everything right, we could manage to just leave qd when inside of the sun haha!
We just need to get rid of some savety belts, which prevent us from spooling up the quantum drive, when obstacles are in ourt path.

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
I heared NASA is full of Spais, and they don't even know how to shitpost.
Imagine waht would happen, if they discover the wisdom of our multilke reciving owl?

It may end in something like a bunch of apes shitposting about something.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
For those wondering, the video is about you having the speed of Earth orbiting the Sun and having to counter it before the only thing effecting you is the pull of the sun and you crash into the plasmas hot embrace. Not really a problem with out tech :)

Reactions: AstroSam and Rolo

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Imagine waht would happen, if they discover the wisdom of our multilke reciving owl?
Their eyes would be opened! And then immediately blinded. Because pure awesomeness.
Also, I'm blind.
It may end in something like a bunch of apes shitposting about
Or this. Probably this actually.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Well y'all can spend all your time trying to crash into the glowing orb of knowledge. Me? Well I am going to run extensive tests to see what happens when you piss out of an airlock. This project is entirely dependent upon the success of my new Glory-Hole airlock door that I've been designing. Its going to be a revolution in Aurora comfort (Not to mention a paradigm shift in picking up hitchhikers) Exciting times, frozen foreskin. FOR SCIENCE!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well y'all can spend all your time trying to crash into the glowing orb of knowledge. Me? Well I am going to run extensive tests to see what happens when you piss out of an airlock. This project is entirely dependent upon the success of my new Glory-Hole airlock door that I've been designing. Its going to be a revolution in Aurora comfort (Not to mention a paradigm shift in picking up hitchhikers) Exciting times, frozen foreskin. FOR SCIENCE!
Or
You could just use a dragonfly for the initial product testing. That saves you having to cut holes in your Aurora. ;)

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
You could just use a dragonfly for the initial product testing. That saves you having to cut holes in your Aurora.
I've actually been using the dragonfly paired with a taco-only diet to create a new defensive technique. Smoke screens are nice and all, but they don't work too well in space. Go ahead and try to tell me that pirates would want to pursue you through a cloud of liquid shite....you can't, cuz they wouldn't. I call it the Tijuana Squid maneuver.

DansAFK

Admiral
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
DansAFK
This method the solar probe is using is a efficient way to decrease speed the earth is travelling so it can slow down greatly and then change direction to the sun orbit.

To quote someone else though:

In theory though thrusting directly towards the sun would eventually work, but would be extremely expensive. (With infinite thrust this approach would be roughly 2√2 times as expensive as burning retrograde; you are changing your velocity vector 90 degrees rather than eliminating your velocity. With less thrust I think it would be even less effective).

A more effective way is to make the retrograde(with respect to the sun) burn while still in the Earths sphere of influence. This in order to utilize the Oberth effect.
For star citizen our ships have much larger amounts of fuel at our disposal and we aren't trying to escape earths orbit either so full burn towards the sun wouldn't really be a challenge for us.

:P

Forgot your password?