GameGlass Review

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I will be soon, been getting into esports production and observing and those buttons accompany a controller very well.
Indeed, only limit I seen, is your own imagination for what it can do as button box or controller, stream deck really raised the bar :D
And I love that you can use animated gif, as icons to really add some great visual use.

Reactions: littlej0e

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
I bought the Star Citizen shards on saturday for like 8.99$. That got me access to the pre launch and the ability to use my phone with it. I have to say, I LOVE gameglass. I was having minor issues like targeting because they have switched the keybinds around a few times and i will forget in the moment. This stops all that and makes it EASY.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I bought the Star Citizen shards on saturday for like 8.99$. That got me access to the pre launch and the ability to use my phone with it. I have to say, I LOVE gameglass. I was having minor issues like targeting because they have switched the keybinds around a few times and i will forget in the moment. This stops all that and makes it EASY.
have been flying with the free version yesterday (I registered very early on). Some stuff needs to be optimized. I think especially some button sizes and placements need to be rethought and also maybe replaced.

But overall it works like a charm. I had two issues that it got disconnected, despite my Wifi is 2m away and usally very stable.

Free Version currently has all Shards except mining and the to be developed ship database (Database containing all current ships, to be developed). Also you can only use one device at the same time.

installation worked perfect. You need to install a "server" on your PC. The App on your prefered device (https://gameglass.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48000088901-minimum-support-requirements-for-devices-) and also the GG keyboard keybinding (currently) needs to be installed in SC.

You can run it on your browser too but i havn't checked it and i assume that it will be less responsive and pretty as in the app. ( http://app.gameglass.gg/ )

(Currently if your logged in to the browser you can't login to the (free version app) so you can use this link to logout http://app.gameglass.gg/logout

They have a discord, reddit and the other typical social media stuff running:

Next support is probably going to be Elite dangerous

Last edited:
Reactions: Mich Angel

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
One of the reasons I didn't kickstart it is lack of history I could find online.
And I couldn't find a backer I recognized behind it, even though most of the main SC streamers were approached/given stuff.
Still not sure about it because of the lingo used and I don't like lacking control, I remember something about requiring online access. So what happens when they discontinue and their servers go down?
So.. I might just go for the Streamdeck XL once I find a metal left-hand flight stick.

For example, if Texas Skulls made a SC bot or something, I'd probably help kickstart it.
He's a known quantity. So is Monster.de and Big JR.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Good reasons. I didn't kickstart either.

Also i think the Streamdeck is a nice option for tactile button feedback. I see the advantage of GG when CIG releases its API and they can actually display states of the ships on the tablet. Also you can have analogue control.

Regarding this i just aksed them:
Still not sure about it because of the lingo used and I don't like lacking control, I remember something about requiring online access. So what happens when they discontinue and their servers go down?

Unbenannt.png

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
One of the reasons I didn't kickstart it is lack of history I could find online.
And I couldn't find a backer I recognized behind it, even though most of the main SC streamers were approached/given stuff.
So.. I might just go for the Streamdeck XL once I find a metal left-hand flight stick.

For example, if Texas Skulls made a SC bot or something, I'd probably help kickstart it.
He's a known quantity. So is Monster.de and Big JR.
Like how you think 🍻
I'm with you on this, to much messing to get it to work and I already have Stream deck..
Stream deck plug and play work instantly, max CPU use (during say SC game play), I have seen so far is around 3% usually around 0.2-1%
Why mess with anything else and who can resist the new Stream deck XL .

CHEERS! 🍻

Last edited:
Reactions: DirectorGunner

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
You know, it's odd, there is no critical need for requiring a login, imo.

I would love to donate to an open-source project that would use CIG's API when it's available.
Wouldn't that be something? Community sustained, free-ish, and easy to hire someone to customize it which could contribute to the project if gits are shared.

All about the open-source when it comes to utility software.

Just my 2 cents.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Am I correct that you can't "buy" gameglass? It's a subscription based model?
That’s incorrect. You can buy shards for the game outright.

Ran it last night, worked as I anticipated. Server programme on PC connected to my switch via Ethernet. Client app installed on an iPad connected via wifi. And it just worked. Would buy again.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Am I correct that you can't "buy" gameglass? It's a subscription based model?
You can buy all the shards outright, subscribing lets you change colors, multiple device (separate shards per device) use, removes their watermark when taking photos (just use prntscrn anyway) and a couple of other features right now. Not worth it imo as the current shard packages are cheaper.

Reactions: Mich Angel

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
The subscription model is for future games. So you don't need to buy all the shards you just "rent" them.

Also again: The most important shards are free
which is (i'm linking the pictures down below so you can see what you can do with the free version)
flight handling

combat

social

ground vehicle

Last edited:
Forgot your password?