Gamescom 2017 reaction. The good, the bad, the ugly.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Guickly scanning the thread, didn't see anyone else mention gravity yet. This was really my main concern in the demonstration, there was no kinda gravity whatsoever, the ships just stuck to air and spun around looking silly. I mean, that constellation landing in the beginning, you could practically see every individual key press when the pilot aligned the ship.

Oh well, I'm sure they'll implement gravity at some point, but for now, it seems, 3.0 will have wonky atmospheric flight.
Actually, there is gravity. It shows when people call to their death from orbit.

In atmosphere, ships will expend maneuvering fuel in order to stay aloft. In order to refuel, they must go back into space, land and refuel, or get fuel from a starfarer.

In space, hydrogen is only expended at a rate greater than you can capture it when you are using afterburners or boost to maneuver more abruptly.

There is one major issue they need to fix, and that is collisions between ships and planets. Right now, ships bump into planets at full throttle and nothing happens. This is expected to change.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Actually, there is gravity. It shows when people call to their death from orbit.

In atmosphere, ships will expend maneuvering fuel in order to stay aloft. In order to refuel, they must go back into space, land and refuel, or get fuel from a starfarer.

In space, hydrogen is only expended at a rate greater than you can capture it when you are using afterburners or boost to maneuver more abruptly.

There is one major issue they need to fix, and that is collisions between ships and planets. Right now, ships bump into planets at full throttle and nothing happens. This is expected to change.
Ah, I see. Still, it seems those manouvering thrusters are 100% effective, since the ships don't drift up or down. I guess that's just very futuristic then :D

Forgot your password?