Gatac Syulen first look!

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
The ONLY 'downsides' I see are: 1) Being well-rounded it's a "master of none", not great in any one area, and 2) Is that eventually the elevator/levels may get old when in a hurry.

BUT I suspect with the vertical takeoff and uniqueness of internal (and external) looks, the novelty will probably last quite a while.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I like how the most alien ship in the game so far, is pretty much the most traditional space rocket design we got irl, with verticality and all.

I didn't see any cargo space tho... wasn't this supposed to be civilian craft? Specifically a cargo hauler, iirc. Wonder if the cargo just hangs on the outside somehow? But didn't really see any pads for it either. Or even those triangle storage thingies that Railen has.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm... so now that the specifications are available:
$70 with 6 SCU of cargo capacity.
1200 m/s afterburner speed, probably good maneuvering but that's not up yet.
3xS3 pewsters.

It's certainly a starter, and a bit of a deluxe model at that. It'd make for a glorious taxi for a certain glorious leader.
And I mean, how many starter ships have 3 floors? That's some bragging rights right there.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I like how the most alien ship in the game so far, is pretty much the most traditional space rocket design we got irl, with verticality and all.

I didn't see any cargo space tho... wasn't this supposed to be civilian craft? Specifically a cargo hauler, iirc. Wonder if the cargo just hangs on the outside somehow? But didn't really see any pads for it either. Or even those triangle storage thingies that Railen has.
Given how it lands its not going to able to fit in ships like the Polaris and Idris.

• Thump
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane and FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Given how it lands its not going to able to fit in ships like the Polaris and Idris.
You're probably right. That's a shame :thump:

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Three story space teepee. I’ll be interested to see what you can do with the guns when landed. If they’re on a turret that can swivel 360* and take advantage of its height, that could be cool.

In general it feels like style over substance. It’s certainly not convenient like a Titan. OTOH, it does have a nice armory for a starter ship.

Someone in a FB group claims it flies nice, but it is a big target. If you want your starter ship to be a starter home, and care more about the feel than the performance, this could work. I think I’d love it for a week and want a 325A, 315 P or Titan. With tractors out, I think they’re going to be a selling point soon. Need to see the 315 animations for loading cargo as compared to this.

Erkul says it runs very hot. No way to get the IR below 11k. It doesn’t change no matter what you switch off so it may not be working. Lots of thrusters though so the heat may be accurate.

I’m more excited for the Railen. This is a nice stepping stone to that. If you could sit landed and have 360* , third story view with guns while landed, I think there would be some interesting applications as a mobile, terrestrial gun turret. Park a dozen in a circle to build a camp, just like teepees.

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
I think it's great they start populatiing the alien ship pallet even if I don't feel the need for it. We got tons of human ships already. They should focus more on alien ships in general at this point. About the toiulet: does it have 3 mussels?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Checked it out today, way too impractical for daily use. Very cramped, having to use an elevator for everything is annoying as hell.
Looks kinda interesting, sounds are great. Wouldn't ever advertise this as a starter, too much trouble to use.
I'm glad they are adding more "clutter" (or targets) to fill the void, I always advocate for more civilian use ships rather than yet another fighter, but I wouldn't fly this if I can avoid it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I upgraded baby Owl (he now prefers “Ninja Howler” - the audacity of the kid, growing up enough to choose his own online name) from the Argo Cargo referral bonus to this. Because he said it looked cool and it’s got a purple skin. Sounds like SC science to me! SOLD! lol.

Forgot your password?