Gatac Syulen first look!

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
This video sold me, I need one in every color.
Yeah.
Thanks dude.
Now I want to interspertse my communication with "Yeee-Haaw!"s.
But yeah, I'm going to get me one. Fine ship, nimble and fast. And quickly spawned I there are... err.. accidents... :-)
Just do not sell this as a starter ship.
If that starting sequence is the first flight experience in Star Citizen, I can see a lot of people rage-quit right there...

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I do not understand how it is that game designers always utterly fail to put adequate firearm storage in the game. Even in a showy ship where these conveniences are the point, the gun rack holds two weapons.

WTF?! I think the whole bloody design team needs a field trip to Texas.

“Hey dipsticks! You put more weapon storage on a backpack than that ship!”

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane

Xaxxus

Commander
Nov 19, 2023
RSI Handle
Xaxxus
Yeah.
Thanks dude.
But yeah, I'm going to get me one. Fine ship, nimble and fast. And quickly spawned I there are... err.. accidents... :-)
If that starting sequence is the first flight experience in Star Citizen, I can see a lot of people rage-quit right there...
Given the number of YouTube videos where people tried to strafe out of the hanger completely blind in that thing, I suspect you are right.

my first instinct was to rotate the ship towards the door and fly out normally. That method has served me well so far.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I do not understand how it is that game designers always utterly fail to put adequate firearm storage in the game. Even in a showy ship where these conveniences are the point, the gun rack holds two weapons.

WTF?! I think the whole bloody design team needs a field trip to Texas.

“Hey dipsticks! You put more weapon storage on a backpack than that ship!”
Ironically, CIG has a good sized office of devs in Austin, TX & has for years. Which is why it's funny to me that they don't think about weapon storage options more often. Then again, with the new cargo system coming, they probably figure that we'll be holding everything additional in cargo boxes since they are supposedly getting physicalized as well. In the mean time. my solution is that since our chars don't have to use the restroom just yet, use it as a storage locker?

Ltmifune

Captain
Nov 6, 2022
RSI Handle
ltmifune
Yeah.
Thanks dude.
I've been having a good bit of fun with it and the C1. I love the C1!!!!!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Checked it out today, way too impractical for daily use. Very cramped, having to use an elevator for everything is annoying as hell.
Looks kinda interesting, sounds are great. Wouldn't ever advertise this as a starter, too much trouble to use.
I'm glad they are adding more "clutter" (or targets) to fill the void, I always advocate for more civilian use ships rather than yet another fighter, but I wouldn't fly this if I can avoid it.
Yeh I bumped into our good lord darth whilst we were both looking aounnd the syulen.

My notes are.

It's damn funky.
The textures are awesome
The vericality is interesting
The use of interior space is terrible, it is like a reverse Tardis, massive on the outside and miniscule on the inside.

So not for me - but bodes interestingly for the ralien but I hope that turns out with a better more useful interior design.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Yeh I bumped into our good lord darth whilst we were both looking aounnd the syulen.

My notes are.

It's damn funky.
The textures are awesome
The vericality is interesting
The use of interior space is terrible, it is like a reverse Tardis, massive on the outside and miniscule on the inside.

So not for me - but bodes interestingly for the ralien but I hope that turns out with a better more useful interior design.
I tried to do some delivery missions in it.
As everything is basically within reach when standing inside, having to use the elevator every time is not as bad as it could be, you don't really have to walk more than a step, and both the seat and elevator move fast enough. My biggest gripe with traversal inside was with the door button. It's tiny, way harder to hit than it should be.
The vertical takeoff and landing is something I've seen a billion clips of being an issue for the streamers crashing and burning all the time, but I found it rather endearing. It's perfectly easy to just strafe out of the hangars and landing is no issue either. If someone can't handle it, they can always just rotate to level flight inside the hangar, it's small enough to easily fit.
Oh, and the green quantum tunnel looks soooo nice, I prefer that a lot more than the default blue-ish we got.

My main issues after flying it a bit:
Lack of any useful space, which will be a problem for starter missions where you want to handle boxes and pack in some looted stuff.
Boost is weak, and overall it feels a bit slow for how small and exotically shaped it is. Probably in line with what a starter should be capable of, but doesn't really feel right.

Just guessing, but with it's wings spread it's a rather large cross section, probably easy to detect and even easier hit (it's basically a huge umbrella to catch all the projectiles), unless the fancy alien coating adds some stealth element to radar reflection.

I still wouldn't buy it for any role, not even as a backup taxi with it's lack of speed. I'd much rather buy a couple of Pisces in-game for that purpose, but I can't deny the flying brake-light is a unique looking ship, I might pick one up in-game after release just to collect.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I still wouldn't buy it for any role, not even as a backup taxi with it's lack of speed. I'd much rather buy a couple of Pisces in-game for that purpose, but I can't deny the flying brake-light is a unique looking ship, I might pick one up in-game after release just to collect.
With the high quantum fuel capacity, putting the fastest quantum drive in it would allow for the quckest possible shuttle, without having to stop part-way to refuel... Possibly could do the job in Pyro as well, provided you stay away from Xenothreat space :)

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
With the high quantum fuel capacity, putting the fastest quantum drive in it would allow for the quckest possible shuttle, without having to stop part-way to refuel... Possibly could do the job in Pyro as well, provided you stay away from Xenothreat space :)
Didn't know that part, might be worthy for a long range shuttle then. But for day-to-day in and out of atmo operation, currently it's an impractical brick.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Didn't know that part, might be worthy for a long range shuttle then. But for day-to-day in and out of atmo operation, currently it's an impractical brick.
In the realm of "cheap" ships, there's (according to Erkul):
RAFT 27,585 quantum fuel.
Hull A 10,000 quantum fuel.
C1 spirit 3,750 quantum fuel.
Syulen 2,900 quantum fuel.
Cutlass Black 2,500 quantum fuel.
Freelancer 2,500 quantum fuel.
Cutter 1,960 quantum fuel.

So Syulen isn't the best in the < $150 range, but it's certainly the best of the "starters" (and you get a nice visual effect in quantum with it).

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
In the realm of "cheap" ships, there's (according to Erkul):
RAFT 27,585 quantum fuel.
Hull A 10,000 quantum fuel.
C1 spirit 3,750 quantum fuel.
Syulen 2,900 quantum fuel.
Cutlass Black 2,500 quantum fuel.
Freelancer 2,500 quantum fuel.
Cutter 1,960 quantum fuel.

So Syulen isn't the best in the < $150 range, but it's certainly the best of the "starters" (and you get a nice visual effect in quantum with it).
All of that is supposed to get reworked and rebalanced by 4.0.
The Cutlass, Freelancer, Spirit and Raft don't really belong on that list since they have size 2 Quantum drives and burn fuel differently, so don't compare.
As a comparative point of reference most of the Size 2 ships with Size 1 Quantum drives have 583 quantum fuel. The Nomad is at 771 and the Eclipse 1167. (The Eclipse used to have the biggest tanks before the Hull-A was released and was a major outlier back when it was released..)

All of the Medium tanks were 2500 to 3000 (Connie had the big tanks) before the MSR was released.

Forgot your password?