Gatac Syulen first look!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ironically, CIG has a good sized office of devs in Austin, TX & has for years. Which is why it's funny to me that they don't think about weapon storage options more often. Then again, with the new cargo system coming, they probably figure that we'll be holding everything additional in cargo boxes since they are supposedly getting physicalized as well. In the mean time. my solution is that since our chars don't have to use the restroom just yet, use it as a storage locker?

Not sure Austin counts as Texas.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Not sure Austin counts as Texas.
It doesn't really.

Not even back in the early 90's when I lived about an hour North of there.
As a Texan, I accept that Austin, TX is officially the capital of TX, but in no way do the vast majority of the residents in Austin represent Texas, they're more closely related to those from Los Angeles or San Fransisco in their pride of their own wierdness. Which is evidence by the slogan of Austin, "Keep Austin Weird".

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The 315P had oversized tanks originally but I think they shrank a year or so ago. That should get restored as it was a major selling point of the ship.

Oh, Austin is not Texas. It’s a colony of San Francisco. There is no barbecue and they have avocado toast.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Isn' t that fine? For a mostly civilian ship?
It can hold my FS-9 and then my backup FS-9.
Hardly ever need any other hardware out there anyway. :-)
Since there is an inventory you can store weapons in, the lack of gun racks in virtually all ships is not much an issue. However, in a universe where gunfights are common and gun use universal, I do believe we all ought to experience the visuals of handy railgun storage, selection of carbines and rifles, your friendly neighborhood rocket launcher—they’re all better than empty wall space, IMHO.

There was a much under appreciated pair of British TV series back in the day, both started with “Starhunter” I think. Each ran a season. Joss Whedon stole mercilessly from them to create Firefly. They featured a team of bounty hunters in space, in a subculture predicated upon gun ownership. One of the things I loved about the series was that the bridge of the ship was dominated by their armory. The entire stern bulkhead of the bridge was elevated a step, and was basically a glass covered gun rack. Beautiful. Nothing sells violence like displaying your weapons.

I am to this day disappointed that no one has made a way to mount your Vanduul Plasma Lance to the interior walls of the Nomad. That thing is fairly screaming every inch of wall is gun rack. You cannot have too much coffee, cowbell or gun rack.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The 315P had oversized tanks originally but I think they shrank a year or so ago. That should get restored as it was a major selling point of the ship.

Oh, Austin is not Texas. It’s a colony of San Francisco. There is no barbecue and they have avocado toast.
Erkul has the 315P as 830 worth of Quantum Fuel.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Erkul. Starters. Quantum tanks. Quantum drives. Fuel scoops. Distance traveled. Bananas per star. Shot-gunned beers while moon walking . . .

I see all these great, amazing things, and I raise you one "alpha". ;) Ships are subject to change. As it happens, a freaking-lot, lol.

I know, I know, same ol' argument. But but honestly, if you like the ship, and it feels "right", and you can afford it, then buy it. If not, don't.

Now, before y'all poop on my drunk ass (and I am, honestly, drunk as hell on tequila while on a nice post-deployment family vacay in Mexico), I shall caveat (and I should have done this at the beginning of the post) with; I love theory- crafting, y'all have great ideas and thoughts, and I love for these forums, posts, and my TESTicles. So carry on! But also, Alpha! Ha.

I love y'owl.

Even you, @Montoya

Cheers!

Edited to remove unnecessary drunken profanity. :drunk:

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Erkul. Starters. Quantum tanks. Quantum drives. Fuel scoops. Distance traveled. Bananas per star. Shot-gunned beers while moon walking . . .

I see all these great, amazing things, and I raise you one "alpha". ;) Ships are subject to change. As it happens, a fucking lot, lol.

I know, I know, same ol' argument. But but honestly, if you like the ship, and it feels "right", then but it. If not, don't.

Now, before y'all poop on my drunk ass (and I am, honestly, drunk as hell on tequila while on a nice post-deployment family vacay in Mexico), I shall caveat (and I should have done this at the beginning of the post) with; I fucking love theory- crafting, y'all have great ideas and thoughts, and I love for these forums, posts, and my TESTicles. So carry on! But also, Alpha! Ha.

I love y'owl.

Even you, @Montoya

Cheers!
To that I must agree.

1. Never chase meta, especially in Star Citizen, with real money.
2. Don't buy a ship with real money that you don't have a long term (announced) game loop for.
3. Don't buy a ship you don't like the looks of, because you'll never really like it later.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

For the most part I agree, but I've also been to Franklin Barbecue & been lucky enough to enjoy some of the food. It was good enough to ignore the weirdos from San Fran bitching about the aroma offending their vegan existences. Personally, if they don't want to eat meat, great, more for the rest of us that do & they can eat whatever they want as well. However, the moment they dare to infringe on my right to eat meat, they become human shaped parasites to me.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

I see all these great, amazing things, and I raise you one "alpha". ;) Ships are subject to change. As it happens, a fucking lot, lol.

I know, I know, same ol' argument. But but honestly, if you like the ship, and it feels "right", and you can afford it, then buy it. If not, don't.

Now, before y'all poop on my drunk ass (and I am, honestly, drunk as hell on tequila while on a nice post-deployment family vacay in Mexico), I shall caveat (and I should have done this at the beginning of the post) with; I fucking love theory- crafting, y'all have great ideas and thoughts, and I love for these forums, posts, and my TESTicles. So carry on! But also, Alpha! Ha.

I love y'owl.

Even you, @Montoya

Cheers!
The best response I can think of to this is ... TESTify!

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
You cannot have too much coffee, cowbell or gun rack.
Even if it goes against every grain of my being to disagree with anything coming from Mr. Walken I'm still not sold on the Cowbells.
The rest I can agree on.
It's always nice to have a railgun right there at hand when you can't find the can opener. :like:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
To that I must agree.

1. Never chase meta, especially in Star Citizen, with real money.
2. Don't buy a ship with real money that you don't have a long term (announced) game loop for.
3. Don't buy a ship you don't like the looks of, because you'll never really like it later.

Honestly 3 is the only reason to buy anything at the moment. The rest is pure speculation and who know if or when it will mater on game loops and meta.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
For the most part I agree, but I've also been to Franklin Barbecue & been lucky enough to enjoy some of the food. It was good enough to ignore the weirdos from San Fran bitching about the aroma offending their vegan existences. Personally, if they don't want to eat meat, great, more for the rest of us that do & they can eat whatever they want as well. However, the moment they dare to infringe on my right to eat meat, they become human shaped parasites to me.
Don't be to hard on the vegans. After all they will be rather tasty and easily caught if society goes to far sideways. Then again I've always been a fan of the complete circle of life on my plate from green stuff to that which eats green stuff to mushrooms that consumes all.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Honestly 3 is the only reason to buy anything at the moment. The rest is pure speculation and who know if or when it will mater on game loops and meta.
The issue is we do have people, who buy ships based on the current meta (Or at least claim they bought that ship, which is current meta.). :)

And when CIG breaks out the inevitable Nerfhammer 40,000, well you get the idea. :)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Don't be to hard on the vegans. After all they will be rather tasty and easily caught if society goes to far sideways. Then again I've always been a fan of the complete circle of life on my plate from green stuff to that which eats green stuff to mushrooms that consumes all.
My issue isn't with their diet & not with those of them that simply enjoy their lives while letting others enjoy theirs. My issues are with those that dare to demand that others give up what they enjoy that isn't harming anybody else to live like them. I enjoy adding fruits & veggies to my meals when possible in order to gain the additional nutrition, but as I told a former Dr of mine that told me to give up meat, "I'm a Texan, I'll choose death before I give up eating meat." I then cancelled all future visits with his practice to find another Dr. F that guy, I've lost over 200lbs since that visit & I never gave up meat.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
My issue isn't with their diet & not with those of them that simply enjoy their lives while letting others enjoy theirs. My issues are with those that dare to demand that others give up what they enjoy that isn't harming anybody else to live like them. I enjoy adding fruits & veggies to my meals when possible in order to gain the additional nutrition, but as I told a former Dr of mine that told me to give up meat, "I'm a Texan, I'll choose death before I give up eating meat." I then cancelled all future visits with his practice to find another Dr. F that guy, I've lost over 200lbs since that visit & I never gave up meat.
Lol the orthodox vegan is fun. Next time just grab a knife and say should I start with the liver or heart, or just some tartare? I mean you'll be doing them a service how miserable it must be to not be able to sit in a comfortable leather seat, enjoy ice cream, honey or the many tasty animal products?

While I grew up on the west coast (best coast) and enjoy avocado toast with smoked salmon and capers. I have come to accept that cooking on a weber with charcoal briquettes is not BBQ.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Lol the orthodox vegan is fun. Next time just grab a knife and say should I start with the liver or heart, or just some tartare? I mean you'll be doing them a service how miserable it must be to not be able to sit in a comfortable leather seat, enjoy ice cream, honey or the many tasty animal products?

While I grew up on the west coast (best coast) and enjoy avocado toast with smoked salmon and capers. I have come to accept that cooking on a weber with charcoal briquettes is not BBQ.
All of which is very true indeed.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Dude, I feel this on so many levels. Like, say, the C1 - on paper this is a great ship, an amazing daily driver. And she's gorgeous on the outside. But I simple despise the "van" model interior, with you living space and cockpit all crammed together in a tiny hallway. So if I don't love the interior of a ship, it's gone. C'est la vie.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Dude, I feel this on so many levels. Like, say, the C1 - on paper this is a great ship, an amazing daily driver. And she's gorgeous on the outside. But I simple despise the "van" model interior, with you living space and cockpit all crammed together in a time hallway. So if I don't love the interior of a ship, it's gone. C'est la vie.
Remember, the living area in the same space as the cockpit is the same as the Cutty's, the van layout is similar to the Freelancers. I'm thinking that CIG was looking to blend them & give it a better looking exterior than both.

Forgot your password?