Gonna melt my starter package !!

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
Yeah, I know I shouldn't :) I have one question about it. I did purchase SQ42/SC combo before the price rise if I melt it and then attempt to unmelt it will it cost as much as I paid for it before or as much as it is in shop now.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Yeah, I know I shouldn't :slight_smile: I have one question about it. I did purchase SQ42/SC combo before the price rise if I melt it and then attempt to unmelt it will it cost as much as I paid for it before or as much as it is in shop now.

IMPORTANT you can only buy back ONE item / quarter / year with buyback token using credits from melting and you only get one token once a quarter/year.
ALL buyback is done with new money part from that.
So do not melt unless you can buyback with new money or have a buyback token

BUT this is how it work!
What you pay first time for Packs, Combo packs, Stand alone, Add on packs, Hangar flairs.. etc.. All things that are original objects in store keep same price as you first payed for it if you after melting it decide you want to buy it back.. "Do not apply to physical items that come with a pack"

CCU is only thing changing price as store price changes... since that is not a original object. :smile: :beers:

I've melted my original stater pack several times bought a new one or bigger one and melted again for I... can't make up my mind.. some time ha ha ha! All things I ever bought as said original store items still have same price as when bought first time...

IMPORTANT you can only buy back ONE item / quarter / year with buyback token using credits from melting and you only get one token once a quarter/year.
ALL buyback is done with new money part from that.
So do not melt unless you can buyback with new money or have a buyback token

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've asked this question before:

Please read this thread from this post on:

https://testsquadron.com/threads/herald.9625/page-2#post-159461

Please note you need a BuyBack token so if you have used yours for this quater you'll be shooting yourself in the foot.

I had CCU'd my original starter pledge to a ship with $150 value, then wanted to melt it for store credit for a different ship. All went smoothly apart from 2.5 broke because they had released 2.6 and I thought it was my fault for melting my starter...

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
sigh...
#1 Each pledge ever made is given a unique number.
It will not change except when CIG says so..
some rare exceptions to never changing: AMD Omega pack promo will not go in buybacks list when melted, any physical package pledge will not go into the buybacks tool after melted (this went into effect in 2015), and probably a few others I'm not aware of.

but what you can expect is otherwise price on a unique pledge will not change either in hangar or in buyback tool.

#2 A NEW pledge may be a different price, however a buyback is not considered a "new" pledge

#3 You can ALWAYS buyback, a buyback that's in your buyback list, with CASH. You don't need a token for cash buys.

#4 The quarterly released token (which does not stack) is only for full or partial CREDIT buys. So if you have RSI credit and try to use it.. you won't be able to unless you have a token, and if you do have a token, this would use it up.

#5 there's a lot more to the art of CIG pledging.. but for now, you really can't go wrong except with melting applied CCUs. In which you will lose that applied CCU forever

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
sigh...
#1 Each pledge ever made is given a unique number.
It will not change except when CIG says so..
some rare exceptions to never changing: AMD Omega pack promo will not go in buybacks list when melted, any physical package pledge will not go into the buybacks tool after melted (this went into effect in 2015), and probably a few others I'm not aware of.

but what you can expect is otherwise price on a unique pledge will not change either in hangar or in buyback tool.

#2 A NEW pledge may be a different price, however a buyback is not considered a "new" pledge

#3 You can ALWAYS buyback, a buyback that's in your buyback list, with CASH. You don't need a token for cash buys.

#4 The quarterly released token (which does not stack) is only for full or partial CREDIT buys. So if you have RSI credit and try to use it.. you won't be able to unless you have a token, and if you do have a token, this would use it up.

#5 there's a lot more to the art of CIG pledging.. but for now, you really can't go wrong except with melting applied CCUs. In which you will lose that applied CCU forever

Many thanks DG, I've only done it once and a very long time ago at that, so your update is very welcome :)

Please keep us all updates as to the changes to the pledge system that will invariably happen nearer to Beta.

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
Everything worked as I wanted. I melted my Starter Mustang>Cutlass package. Got 115$ back, unmelted it for 45$ and then upgraded LTI aurora to LTI Cutlass for rest of store credit. I was just afraid of losing my SQ42 because it's really expensive as standalone but It didn't happen so everything is fine. Sorry for being bother.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Everything worked as I wanted. I melted my Starter Mustang>Cutlass package. Got 115$ back, unmelted it for 55$ and then upgraded LTI aurora to LTI Cutlass for rest of store credit. I was just afraid of losing my SQ42 because it's really expensive as standalone but It didn't happen so everything is fine. Sorry for being bother.
You're not being a bother, it's always nice to have a reminder every once in a while as these things can and do change :)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Everything worked as I wanted. I melted my Starter Mustang>Cutlass package. Got 115$ back, unmelted it for 55$ and then upgraded LTI aurora to LTI Cutlass for rest of store credit. I was just afraid of losing my SQ42 because it's really expensive as standalone but It didn't happen so everything is fine. Sorry for being bother.
You're no bother, great it worked out as you wanted :beers:

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
Great deal, I'm keeping my original pledge as I just feel too attached to it, it was the first one I bought and couldn't wait to see it in my hangar when hangar was all we had. The feeling of my ship being the only ship that mattered was awesome. Now I've got loads of ships and don't feel so attached to any of them apart from the almighty CUTLASS BLACK! That thing is just awesome.

Forgot your password?