Google Hangout Nights

How many TEST G+ Hangouts should we have a week?

• Total voters

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Official Hangout Schedule:
Saturday 5PM - whenever we feel like stopping/restarting it.
Other possible days TBD:
Monday
Wednesday
Friday

I know no one likes rules but a few rules regarding hangouts will make things run more smoothly.
Don't open Hangouts twice just to screenshare or stream a game, resulting in taking someone's slot since we can only fit 10 people at a time.
ALWAYS mute your microphone in the Hangout, and get on Mumble so we can use push to talk comms that way we don't get an echoed feed. If you can't get on or don't have mumble, feel free to use the in-hangout voice comms or chat.
It's exciting to see everyone but please, continue to use your best judgement and don't use any sort of racial/sexual slurs that will accidentally or purposefully offend someone.

So, as some of you may know I have begun hosting Test Squadron Google Hangout Nights! They're filled with lots of laughing, booze, general chat and bonding. Right now they're completely random and whenever I feel like throwing one up. I figured now was the right time to put up a poll and see if you guys would like these to become a weekly "thing"!

So. Options. We can set up a Google Hangout every night, a few times a week, or just once a week at static timeslots.

So, what is a Google Hangout? It's pretty much what it sounds like, a hangout. Up to 10 people can be in one hangout at a time, so if need be we could open several hangouts. You have the option to use webcam or not use webcam, use voice comms or not use voice, or just use the provided hangout chat and watch the rest of us on webcam being utterly ridiculous. It's honestly just meant to be a way to have real meaningful time spent together than just imagining each other or staring at a computer screen.

Disclaimer: Obviously, everyone is open to hosting their own whenever, this will just be something I host on behalf of TEST in order to facilitate face to face bonding, rather than just text and voice communications.

Last edited:

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Hangouts turned into podcast maybe?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'd be down for that, might have to drag my webcam out of the box o' misc. computer items, but sounds fun!

Now everyone can see my sexy mug, in glorious 360p because my internet sucks!

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
So, as some of you may know I have begun hosting Test Squadron Google Hangout Nights! They're filled with lots of laughing, booze, general chat and bonding. Right now they're completely random and whenever I feel like throwing one up. I figured now was the right time to put up a poll and see if you guys would like these to become a weekly "thing"!

So. Options. We can set up a Google Hangout every night, a few times a week, or just once a week at static timeslots.

So, what is a Google Hangout? It's pretty much what it sounds like, a hangout. Up to 10 people can be in one hangout at a time, so if need be we could open several hangouts. You have the option to use webcam or not use webcam, use voice comms or not use voice, or just use the provided hangout chat and watch the rest of us on webcam being utterly ridiculous. It's honestly just meant to be a way to have real meaningful time spent together than just imagining each other or staring at a computer screen.

Disclaimer: Obviously, everyone is open to hosting their own whenever, this will just be something I host on behalf of TEST in order to facilitate face to face bonding, rather than just text and voice communications.
Down for this. Could even sponsor it in some manner.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Down for this. Could even sponsor it in some manner.
As Vanisher brought up, and I believe Montoya had mentioned in some capacity we could turn them into Podcasts but how do you mean sponsor? I'm down for TESTies getting involved, to either help with video editing or whatever you had in mind just let me know. :D

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
As Vanisher brought up, and I believe Montoya had mentioned in some capacity we could turn them into Podcasts but how do you mean sponsor? I'm down for TESTies getting involved, to either help with video editing or whatever you had in mind just let me know. :D
I am limited skill wise video editing, but I am very good at the skills I do have in it and also have the horse power to do it if you needed someone to do basic editing or even encoding. I used to do it for my other test clans podcast :D

*EDIT: I just realized it could also just be streamed to twitch and then uploaded to youtube after :p live antics make for the best entertainment.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'll poke my head in at some point, even if only for a moment.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Also, 'night' is relative, depending on where in the world you are. It would be cool to recruit hosts to cover different time zones.

Reactions: Arrangingstars

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
I'm up for this, I'd have to set my laptop up while using my desktop as I don't have a webcam for my main rig, but it could be a laugh!

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I'm totally down time permitting. Got some new broadcasting equipment coming in this weekend (don't fail me UPS) too that I'd love to try out. What's the hangout page link?

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
I want this to happen on a saturday or friday night so I can wake up early to participate with the sun streaming in.

Yellowdog

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Yellowdog
I will bring the glue, for the bonding.

Blazher

Lieutenant
May 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Blazher
If this is something you want to do, I can setup some Skype for business rooms (old Lync) The maximum number of meeting participants is 250 :D

Forgot your password?