Google Hangout Nights

How many TEST G+ Hangouts should we have a week?

• Total voters

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
If this is something you want to do, I can setup some Skype for business rooms (old Lync) The maximum number of meeting participants is 250 :D
That's so cool! Can all 250 participants potentially use webcam though? That's one of the perks of Hangouts, I feel like. Not to mention it has apps where we have fun drawing on eachother, etc. Interested in learning more about this though.

Also, 'night' is relative, depending on where in the world you are. It would be cool to recruit hosts to cover different time zones.
I would absolutely LOVE to have someone from the 'night crew' host a Google Hangout for those of you who aren't able to make the more US-oriented time slots not exclude anyone. Unfortunately, I'm not the type of person that can wake up at 9AM. I love my sleep! So if anyone would like to volunteer to host some earlier time slots, please do! Make sure you have the time to do so before volunteering though.

So. Our first SOLID day I will be hosting a hangout is Saturdays. It will begin generally around 6PM and last until well, whenever really. I don't anticipate it interfering with anyone's streaming except my own, because regardless of the stream possibly happening during the hangout, anyone can still keep a tab open to watch the stream in the background or go watch if they like. I know Saturdays not as many streamers stream so for anyone concerned about it interfering, this would be the day to join in.

I know no one likes rules but a few rules regarding hangouts will make things run more smoothly.
Don't open Hangouts twice just to screenshare or stream a game, resulting in taking someone's slot since we can only fit 10 people at a time.
ALWAYS mute your microphone in the Hangout, and get on Mumble so we can use push to talk comms that way we don't get an echoed feed. If you can't get on or don't have mumble, feel free to use the in-hangout voice comms or chat.
It's exciting to see everyone but please, continue to use your best judgement and don't use any sort of racial/sexual slurs that will accidentally or purposefully offend someone.

Official Hangout Schedule:
Saturday 5PM - whenever we feel like stopping/restarting it.
Other possible days TBD:
Monday
Wednesday
Friday

We will all meet in the Drunk Tank on Mumble or in a designated Google Hangout channel on mumble. So if you need an invite, please request the Hangout link on Mumble or check the forums to see if it's been posted in this thread!

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
A Hangout is happening right now! Our first official Saturday hangout! Join in. If you can't join because there are too many people, please hop on Mumble or try sending me a message on here so we can get an overflow hangout going. I know it's not ideal but in the future we'll hopefully get that sorted either by doing a Hangout on Air or something so here is the link!

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/guirulplqv6cj4eidxz53lyqtma?authuser=0&hl=en

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
sorry i disconnected all of a sudden, my interballs exploded

also, you people are hilarious artists

arseholes

Last edited:
Reactions: SeungRyul

Flashwit

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Flashwit
The wife is out of town for the next couple days so I can probably swing attending a hangout today if it happens.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I just got my work schedule switched again ( 4 times in 4 weeks... ) but now I get to come to this!

Forgot your password?