GRASP FPS Training

aeloy.

Captain
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
aeloy
So here is what I am doing. I am forming GRASP combat group. Grasp stands for GRound Air and SPace. It is the SEAL teams of Test squadron (aka drunk SEALs) The goal is to promote FPS training and combat proficiency.
This is accomplished by weekly training events. I will am taking lead on North America training (all time zones welcome, just being set to work with NA) I will be holding the training every Saturday at 2pm EST (Starting the 7th of January) I plan on being on for 2-3 hours. come whenever, leave whenever.
Is this still happening?

Aramil

Admiral
Nov 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Aramil_Lorrathain
Reactions: aeloy.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
Well I llike this idea !. Renstler is my Handle. I need to setup discord tho. ! lol

TheBlackadder

Grand Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Y_Ddraig_Goch
If you need to practice assaults from a dropship let me know and I'll pilot for your test runs.

The one thing I have noticed about the UEE military is that I think they tend to have 6 man fireteams rather than 4. All of the Dropships have seating for teams of 6 or multiples thereof:

Redeemer/Hopilite - 6
Prowler/Retaliator - 12

If deploying from a larger ship not an issue as you can have 3 x 4 man teams but either of the smaller ships might be a pain unless you have dedicated teams of 6 for those deployments.

I think about SC dropships (mainly my Redeemer) far too much...

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
If you need to practice assaults from a dropship let me know and I'll pilot for your test runs.

The one thing I have noticed about the UEE military is that I think they tend to have 6 man fireteams rather than 4. All of the Dropships have seating for teams of 6 or multiples thereof:

Redeemer/Hopilite - 6
Prowler/Retaliator - 12

If deploying from a larger ship not an issue as you can have 3 x 4 man teams but either of the smaller ships might be a pain unless you have dedicated teams of 6 for those deployments.

I think about SC dropships (mainly my Redeemer) far too much...
definitely will be wanting to do some dropship training when 3.0 becomes stable.
As for fireteam size, the reasons I am working on 4 man teams, is first, that is what I know the best, it is the simplest to teach and learn, and by having extra seats you can fill them with "non-team members" like the RTO, Medic, Squad, and platoon leadership. This keeps the change of command and specialty personnel from getting all blown up when one ship goes down.

TheBlackadder

Grand Admiral
Oct 15, 2017
RSI Handle
Y_Ddraig_Goch
definitely will be wanting to do some dropship training when 3.0 becomes stable.
As for fireteam size, the reasons I am working on 4 man teams, is first, that is what I know the best, it is the simplest to teach and learn, and by having extra seats you can fill them with "non-team members" like the RTO, Medic, Squad, and platoon leadership. This keeps the change of command and specialty personnel from getting all blown up when one ship goes down.
Fair enough, I've just been thinking about it a fair bit as I'm planning on writing some SC TEST fan fiction and unsurprisingly for me I'm doing it about dropship pilot and ground assault stuff, writing with 6 man fire teams. You raise a good point about redundancy though, I may have to revisit the way sections and squads are put together.

Reactions: Bambooza and VFV

VFV

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Vfv
So here is what I am doing. I am forming GRASP combat group. Grasp stands for GRound Air and SPace. It is the SEAL teams of Test squadron (aka drunk SEALs) The goal is to promote FPS training and combat proficiency.
This is accomplished by weekly training events. I will am taking lead on North America training (all time zones welcome, just being set to work with NA) I will be holding the training every Saturday at 2pm EST (Starting the 7th of January) I plan on being on for 2-3 hours. come whenever, leave whenever.

what is GRASP's end goal? Well the idea is to get as many people to work together and understand tactics and FPS game play. On top of that I want to form more dedicated members into strike team to work together for the goal of bounty hunting/security NO PIRATES ;) inside the PU.

How does GRASP work? Well it is simple, we have weekly training events. you come, you learn. You want more? Ask to be put in a team, we will form a team of people that can train more on your time frame. and people you enjoy playing with.

If we are going to be in team what is the importance of group training? Well first you will not always be out in the verse with your team, so we want everyone to know the basics of how we work, and be able to work with any group, IE understanding tactics and being able to fight with a team without getting in their way.

What makes you qualified to run this? Most importantly I want this to happen, and I am taking infinitive. I also have 3 years if Infantry training in the US Army. as well as several thousand hours in FPS games.

Are you going to order me around? No, This is not a military. I will put events together, help with the training, set up standard operating procedure (SOP), and try to solve any issues I can. Teams will have more SOPs then persons, and most of them will be left to the team it's self. One key rule will be if you get assistance from a team (in PU) you follow their lead if you want their help.

So what will I learn if I come? Everything we can teach you about the FPS game it's self, tactics, callsigns, how to use the weapons of your choice, ETC.

What can I expect if I join a team? Well every team will be different, but the idea is to focus on ~4 men teams. And that is up to you and yours. I will give any advice I have when asked but will not go sticking my nose in. I will encourage team-on-team practice.

What will a open training day look like? Well to start I am planning on focusing on three key points, and will change as needed. The three parts are, Weapons training, Tactics, and end with full games.

Staff edit: Please use TEST's discord: discord.testsquadron.com
We have a backup Discord if we end up having issues inside the Test Discord. And if Teams wish to have a little more privacy when training.

More Questions? more then happy to answer.
I'm in. So is my hammer head. This is the kind if shit I really want to do. High value targets/extractions, with a focused group, tactics, training, etc etc. I'm in.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Its what I was hoping the Terrapin would allow as it would be a perfect small strike force drop ship from the Polaris, where other ships like the Prowler and Retaliator are far bigger. I do wonder how the Cutlass Black would handle being used as a drop ship with its side doors it would allow quick exit and the ramp would also help with the team getting quickly back on. Of course the current game would quickly amputate the teams legs if they tried to use the ramp.

Reactions: Lord_B and VFV
Forgot your password?