Great info on 890J

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I have one on buy back, but Im really hesitant.

It seems like an end-game ship, something that would be nice to work towards.

Start off the game with the best ships simply takes away part of the fun!
I felt the same way. Until I got the chance to get one with 60 months insurance. I have always wanted one and my end game or goal in game to get a fully loaded Endeavor. Piece by piece.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Its going to be interesting to see if people's ambitions of using this ship as some sort of fleet commander as good if not better then the Polaris attack capabilities is realized or if the river of tears will flow.

My bet is much tears will flow when people realize its just a pleasure cruiser with a heavy RP element but lacking any offensive capabilities and just enough defensive to mostly enabling running away from a typical NPC pirate interdiction.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Yeah I don't expect it to be an amazing combat vessel. The point of it is getting around the Verse in style without having anybody pose much of a threat to you except a capital fleet.

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
Yeah I don't expect it to be an amazing combat vessel. The point of it is getting around the Verse in style without having anybody pose much of a threat to you except a capital fleet.
Agreed, it is an ultra high end luxury mega yacht. It is built to defend itself, but NOT be a war ship. It could e used for C&C, with protection, but anyone who thinks it is a war ship missed the WHOLE point.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I think it will pack a punch, but the polaris came out AFTER the 890J and since the polaris is a threat to full caps, I expect it is a threat to the 890J too.. but it's hardly going to be toothless, so it will beat up any attacker.
And here you have the flip side. Going to be interesting to see which way it goes.

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
don't confuse my saying "beat up" for "taking out" ;) I have no illusions.. the 890J isn't out there to fight, but should be well armed enough to deter any but the most capable of threats. And when it faces those, it needs to be smart enough to run like a bitch

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
don't confuse my saying "beat up" for "taking out" ;) I have no illusions.. the 890J isn't out there to fight, but should be well armed enough to deter any but the most capable of threats. And when it faces those, it needs to be smart enough to run like a bitch
Either that, or call in the fleet for which the 890J is acting as bait. ;)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
As much as I dig on the 890J I would have had one if it wasn't for that central stair way.

Either that, or call in the fleet for which the 890J is acting as bait. ;)
I would say we can try this tactic but knowing my fellow pilots they would all be to busy at the 890J's bar getting drunk and hitting on the waitress to bother going back to their ships to lay in ambush.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
As much as I dig on the 890J I would have had one if it wasn't for that central stair way.

I would say we can try this tactic but knowing my fellow pilots they would all be to busy at the 890J's bar getting drunk and hitting on the waitress to bother going back to their ships to lay in ambush.
Drunken pilots can ram just as well as, if not better than sober pilots.

Plus then they will have an impressive recent exploit with which to impress said waitress.

Seems like a win-win. ;)

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I have to be honest I had the chance to buy one at the lower price and with LTI and I still didn't really know what I would do with the ship so didn't bother. I am glad people want to fund the development with such purchases but the very idea I would want to take the most fussy people (the rich) around the verse in my ship for fun does not add up!

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I have to be honest I had the chance to buy one at the lower price and with LTI and I still didn't really know what I would do with the ship so didn't bother. I am glad people want to fund the development with such purchases but the very idea I would want to take the most fussy people (the rich) around the verse in my ship for fun does not add up!
I object to your classification of rich people as being fussy...

All people can be just as fussy. Money has nothing to do with it.

It might piss you off more when you see a rich person being fussy, but money isn't the reason for it, other than perhaps in your own perception of them.

That being said, nobody is getting in any of my 890Js except Testies. And we're gonna party it up in there whether we have money or not! Especially when we've just successfully crashed our Auroras and we're waiting on the insurance payout.

890J -- the Aurora insurance waiting room.

Reactions: Talonsbane

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
That being said, nobody is getting in any of my 890Js except Testies. And we're gonna party it up in there whether we have money or not! Especially when we've just successfully crashed our Auroras and we're waiting on the insurance payout.
Let the party start and never end!

Reactions: Talonsbane

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
As someone who is not Rich I admit that a richer person complaining about for example a hotel is more likely to stand out and more likely to happen. The poor person is much less likely to be used to better examples and much more likely to appreciate what they have. I do not for a minute think the poor are happy in economy bucket seats but there options for change are limited. The rich person has choices.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
As someone who is not Rich I admit that a richer person complaining about for example a hotel is more likely to stand out and more likely to happen. The poor person is much less likely to be used to better examples and much more likely to appreciate what they have. I do not for a minute think the poor are happy in economy bucket seats but there options for change are limited. The rich person has choices.
This is true. So if I want a bunch of high ratings quickly to a business in transporting people with a Starliner, I plan on taking a slight financial hit by upgrading the entire coach section to business class for the slightly nicer accommodations for them while still charging the standard coach / economy price.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?