Great news! TEST members get 10% off Star Citizen models from JRF

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
They only have three? WTH! when they have more or even a ship I would like to have it would be nice, till then...
Looking at the available options it looks like they are ships that have a 0% chance of a rework. No point tooling up for an M50 kit if a rework two patches down the line changes its appearance.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Looking at the available options it looks like they are ships that have a 0% chance of a rework. No point tooling up for an M50 kit if a rework two patches down the line changes its appearance.
Good point, I think they will reaally start to produce model some years in the futture, when the looks of the ships are more set.
I'll like to have a Cyclone or a Nox 'tho, these doesn't looks prone to a short rework and looks lifting

JRDF

Commander
Feb 15, 2020
RSI Handle
JRDF
Hey TESTies

It's Kals from JRDF here, Huge thanks to O'Lefty for the intro into here and your discord.

We're happy to answer any questions and clarify anything so please shout me (Here or the TESTdiscord) and I'll do my best to help. For now, some comments on the comments above....

Hopefully, I am intrigued as I do like putting such things on the shelves at work but their selection is a little lacking.
We totally get that and yep, the plan is to keep expanding the range as we go so YES there will be more ships, but each kit model takes about 3 months from concept to getting it on the shelf. There's a few in the works right now and some exciting plans for the rest of 2020.

The best way to get the ship YOU want is to help spread the love by sharing with people who want the current ships as this not only covers our costs for the current models but also allows us to invest in the next ones.

We've tried presale of kits before but everything we put out as SC merch has to be approved by CIG so it adds an extra layer of work PLUS takes their time away from the game, and we minimise that as much as we possibly can - we've all waited long enough all ready ;)

I hope they create a Freelancer model....or anything MISC for that matter.
Watch this space, JR is a HUGE MISC fanboy....

Arggg, that danged old overseas tax hurts as an American!
I'm intrigued. Now that we've introduced better shipping rates its actually cheaper for you folks in the US than here in the UK where we pay 20% VAT...

Spot on. We don't want people to have old versions of the ships (or us to be left with lots of stock that is out of date) so one of our conditions is that the ship must be finished, flight ready and in game.

Good point, I think they will reaally start to produce model some years in the futture, when the looks of the ships are more set.
I'll like to have a Cyclone or a Nox 'tho, these doesn't looks prone to a short rework and looks lifting
Totally agree. They'll both be 1:40 scale, and we'd like to get both of those out for Daymar Rally next January.
We'd looked at doing one big kit for the Cyclone with all the component variants in the same kit but we've decided that we'll release a different kit for each of the 5 variants (simultaneously) , this allows us to spread the design costs across the 5 and bring that cost down for you too.

Happy to engage or answer any questions, just fire away :D
Kals

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hey TESTies

It's Kals from JRDF here, Huge thanks to O'Lefty for the intro into here and your discord.

We're happy to answer any questions and clarify anything so please shout me (Here or the TESTdiscord) and I'll do my best to help. For now, some comments on the comments above....

We totally get that and yep, the plan is to keep expanding the range as we go so YES there will be more ships, but each kit model takes about 3 months from concept to getting it on the shelf. There's a few in the works right now and some exciting plans for the rest of 2020.

The best way to get the ship YOU want is to help spread the love by sharing with people who want the current ships as this not only covers our costs for the current models but also allows us to invest in the next ones.

We've tried presale of kits before but everything we put out as SC merch has to be approved by CIG so it adds an extra layer of work PLUS takes their time away from the game, and we minimise that as much as we possibly can - we've all waited long enough all ready ;)

Watch this space, JR is a HUGE MISC fanboy....

I'm intrigued. Now that we've introduced better shipping rates its actually cheaper for you folks in the US than here in the UK where we pay 20% VAT...

Spot on. We don't want people to have old versions of the ships (or us to be left with lots of stock that is out of date) so one of our conditions is that the ship must be finished, flight ready and in game.

Totally agree. They'll both be 1:40 scale, and we'd like to get both of those out for Daymar Rally next January.
We'd looked at doing one big kit for the Cyclone with all the component variants in the same kit but we've decided that we'll release a different kit for each of the 5 variants (simultaneously) , this allows us to spread the design costs across the 5 and bring that cost down for you too.

Happy to engage or answer any questions, just fire away :D
Kals
Welcome to TEST, many thanks for taking the time to reach out to us!

So, my first question: Kirk or Picard?

JRDF

Commander
Feb 15, 2020
RSI Handle
JRDF
Welcome to TEST, many thanks for taking the time to reach out to us!

So, my first question: Kirk or Picard?
Picard. No question. Big Patrick Stewart fan.
And thanks for the welcome.

In regard to new ships, so Hull-C soon right!? Right?
As soon as its out JR will be working on it, of that I have NO doubt :)

Forgot your password?