LancerXO

Ensign
Apr 2, 2024
RSI Handle
LancerXO
Where you from stranger?
New Jersey, USA

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I'm old enough to have played the original Wing Commander on PC - at release. Have always been interested in aviation. Just upgraded my PC in January in order to play flight sims (cheaper option than pursuing an actual pilot license...). Stumbled upon Star Citizen, and so MSFS is now collecting dust.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Anything that involves flying. Lasers are a bonus. Aliens? Squadron 42! Curious to see what the science and exploration game loops look like.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Colossal Cave

What other games do you play?
Currently on the shelf due to Star Citizen: MSFS, Liftoff Drone Sim, Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, Pokemon Area Zero, Meta Quest 3

How did you first hear about Test Squadron and what convinced you to join?
Googling for orgs active in EST time zone. Was in NOVA for a few weeks and they were great, but they are very EU heavy at the moment.

Picard or Kirk?
Pike

EDIT : If Kirk, new Kirk or old Kirk?

New Pike ;)

LancerXO

Ensign
Apr 2, 2024
RSI Handle
LancerXO
As a fan of flight sims, do you happen to have a favorite ship so far yet?
  • Started with an Avenger Titan
  • Upgraded to a Nomad pretty quickly for more versatility. The Nomad actually flies pretty well. Used that to haul a ROC for a while to make some cash.
  • Purchased a Vulture with aUEC, and made more cash. Boring to fly, but it goes munch munch and makes cash.
  • Upgraded to a Gladius. Now we're talking - quite nimble. Started working up my bounty hunting rep.
  • Upgraded to a C1 Spirit, which is a great ship. I wish it had a bit more firepower, but it is versatile, elegant, and flies well for its size. I'm still doing HRTs with it, and it will probably also handle VHRTs in the right hands. This will be the daily driver I fall back on if our progress is wiped.
  • Recently purchased a Corsair (with aUEC) to take advantage of cargo found while "apprehending" space criminals. It flies like a manatee frozen in carbonite, but those hardpoints are hard to pass up. That's a LOT of DPS down range!
  • I will probably buy a C2 or M2 before too long, just because the Corsair handles like a concrete lifeboat. (You don't so much fly it as aim it - it's more of a mobile hover turret...)

Forgot your password?