Greetings fellow Spacers..

Sep 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Commander_Vharris
Friends, from the distant shores of Mandalore, I greet you. I have just joined your ranks less than a hand-full of hours after pledging my first time to Star Citizen. My experience, with modern, space flyer games has been from well into C64 Elite right on through to Elite Dangerous (with Voice Attack and other add-ons).

My hanger currently holds: 1 - Aurora MR, accompanied by the randomish addition of a loaner Freelancer (my personal taste in ship chassis and game lineage)

I have many Noob Questions and several more Idiotic Noob Answers to be sure..
What's the method of LTI acquisition these days?
Can I buy a LTI ship pledge from a friend and get it gifted to me?
What's the little red button on the command chair do... *BOOOOMM!!* [spaced].

I hope to find answers, and wing-mates, in the coming days here with TEST Squadron.

This is The Whey.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Welcome to Test! Ah, what it would be like to be a new backer again! Enjoy the experience!

One path to LTI is to buy and upgrade lower-cost new-concept ships when first released. Then use the cross chassis upgrade (CCU) system in your account to swap to other more-expensive ships that you want, which will retain LTI in the process. You can only CCU from lower cost to higher cost ships, so this process requires patience for new lower-cost concepts to come up for sale.

Another path to LTI is to pick up a game package in the store with multiple ships that includes LTI (whose ships can also can be upgraded). The upside is a gaining a lot of LTI ships in one shot. The downside is - a lot - of cost. But sometimes a special lower-cost package may come up for sale with lesser ships and LTI, especially around holidays and events.

Our customer service team in chat can cover the *cough* other methods of gaining LTI ships ;-)

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Welcome to the TEST party!

Some here will advise that some of the answers that you will seek in life will be discovered at the bottom of a bottle. Many of those will tell you if you don't receive the answer there, try again with another until you find your answers or pass out in the process.

LTI is most easily obtained by purchasing 1 vehicle while it's available for concept, then upgraded to what you want of a higher price value through the CCU upgrade system. While it isn't LTI, you'll most often find much better amounts of ship insurance on vehicles purchased during the Anniversary Event which is usually around the last week in Nov. The past couple years each ship purchased during that week came with either 10year insurance or LTI for the new concepts that were released then. Sometimes CIG releases during special events ship CCU upgrade options for fresh money to upgrade a ship with lower insurance into another with higher insurance.

Forgot your password?