Greetings from a new Star Citizen

panadar

Lieutenant
Aug 12, 2022
RSI Handle
Saggitaire
Hello,

I am a new Start Citizen. I will start playing this wonderful game as soon as my VKB joysticks arrive. I decided to purchase the Cutlass Black as my starting ship. I'm playing this game on a 14" gaming laptop until I build my gaming rig around Christmas!

I'm looking for people to play within the game.

QUESTION
Can I own and play with more than 1 starship?

I ask because even though I would like to concentrate on mining and trading, I would also like to try my hand at doing other types of missions such as exploration and combat missions as well.

Thanks in advance!

minor_accident

Vice Admiral
Mar 25, 2022
RSI Handle
minor_accident
Welcome! The CB is a great ship, I call it the F-350 of Star Citizen... It does a little of everything.

Answer: Yes. You can own and fly ALL the ships they've released (and just own the ones they haven't... Looking at you, Corsair), I currently own the ships at the bottom of my post. Oddly enough, I think the Aurora probably has the most flight time of all of them! Anyways, you've come to a cool group, with cool dudes!

Clint says hi:
ClintGif.gif

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Welcome aboard!

Enjoy the game, I suggest you would be well served using the Ship Rental kheosks in game or bowing our ships before buying with cash... As the game is still in developement a lot is still subject to change, even finished ships, but getting a feel for a craft as it is right now is never a bad stratagy... Fly before you buy!

panadar

Lieutenant
Aug 12, 2022
RSI Handle
Saggitaire
Welcome! The CB is a great ship, I call it the F-350 of Star Citizen... It does a little of everything.

Answer: Yes. You can own and fly ALL the ships they've released (and just own the ones they haven't... Looking at you, Corsair), I currently own the ships at the bottom of my post. Oddly enough, I think the Aurora probably has the most flight time of all of them! Anyways, you've come to a cool group, with cool dudes!

Clint says hi:
View attachment 23308
Thank you very much! Actually, I spoke too soon about the ship I plan to buy. I bought the Titan instead as I felt I needed to get a feel for the game first. I have been doing more research and I think I want to upgrade to the Constellation Taurus after I learn how to fly my ship in this game. But, I will take someone else's advice and rent the ship I intend to upgrade to. Then again, I may decide to keep the Avenger and buy the Constellation Taurus. I'm looking at doing that because every time they do a refresh, I might not want to start the same way every time. Having both ships in my inventory will give me a chance to do something different in the event of a database wipe.

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
Welcome to Test Squadron Panadar! 🍻
I bought the Titan instead
Good decision - leaves your options open until you've rented a few ships and have a clearer idea what game loops or professions you enjoy the most. No rush!

People generally seem to love the Cutlass Black, so that would've been a solid choice too, but you can earn one in-game quickly (in a few hours to a couple of days' play time) so I wouldn't worry about paying real money for it unless you absolutely 100% feel you always want one immediately after every reset without grinding for it, and you want one the minute the game actually releases. I recently paid real £ for one but haven't flown it much yet due to... life :). But there are something around 200 ships/variants that are either flyable now or in concept, ranging from tiny to gigantic (and costing over $1000 US!!), and importantly there's no one 'best' ship. It's easy to spend an astonishing amount of real money on the next new shiny thing you convince yourself you just have to own so go slow until you are more sure of what you want to spend - if anything!

There's a lot to learn about buying ships more cheaply than their list price, if you're interested in that. Check out threads, or ask a question, look at the marketplace here (more people will be willing to trade with you when you've been a member for a few months and have Test Squadron as your main organization on the RSI website), and you could look at a browser extension called CCU Game (https://ccugame.app/).

But... you can earn enough aUEC to buy almost all of them in game (eventually), having fun while you do it, so there's definitely no need to spend any more than your excellent little Titan cost to get started, and there's a strong argument for not doing what so many of us here end up doing, and spending any more real money on ships! If you decide to, you're supporting the game, so positives either way,

Welcome again!

empireRSA

Space Marshal
Mar 13, 2014
RSI Handle
prem1er
VKB joysticks before PC... Sound's like a very Test Squadron thing to do, welcome, welcome. :)

Reactions: Vavrik
Forgot your password?